Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Apr 30, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #7,951 of 7,994
Finally few days ago I got back my loved IE800s from Vesper Audio care and wow! what such professional job they have made! Every single detail is perfect, the L shaped TRRS connector is so small and light, more than my hope, but at same time of a very high quality, the new cabling (Legato) is very nice looking, elegant and super light and the earbuds connection (I have chosen the not removable solution) is profesionally made, would say same oem quality at least. Come to the sound now, I'm impressed by general improved clarity and details, it has more harmonic richness from low to high ends, couldn't be more happy. So, yes, I can totally recommend Vesper Audio to everyone that are in the need of repair or cabling update for their headset.
I'd recommend fitting Comply Ear Buds (they have sets specifically designed for the IE800 IEMs) - they shape to your inner Ear and ensure every note of music gets through....

May 1, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #7,952 of 7,994
Congrats and nice decision. You might consider picking up a 2nd used pair and trying their MMCX conversion so you can try other cables. think you said you were concerned about adding the extra weight but I don’t think it adds any noticeable weight.
I can confirm the connectors are so small and light you don't notice any difference.

May 1, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #7,953 of 7,994
Congrats and nice decision. You might consider picking up a 2nd used pair and trying their MMCX conversion so you can try other cables. think you said you were concerned about adding the extra weight but I don’t think it adds any noticeable weight.
Thanks!:smirk: You make me think about this option, actually I still like so much the IE800s that could worth going this route.

May 1, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #7,954 of 7,994
I'd recommend fitting Comply Ear Buds (they have sets specifically designed for the IE800 IEMs) - they shape to your inner Ear and ensure every note of music gets through....
Thank you for the advice, anyway probably I'm among the few that can get a very good insulation with the original ear buds, nevertheless I'll give them a try.

May 1, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #7,955 of 7,994
I can confirm the connectors are so small and light you don't notice any difference.
I see here that many think all the best about MMCX, thus I'm already looking for a second pair to send to Vesper Audio....damn you!😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
May 1, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #7,956 of 7,994
Thank you for the advice, anyway probably I'm among the few that can get a very good insulation with the original ear buds, nevertheless I'll give them a try.
They're a great sonic upgrade for around £19 (for a pack of three in either S/M/L) they make the IE800 ear pieces far less uncomfortable over longer listening sessions and because of the expandable nature of the foam they mould to your inner ear an keep out all external noise within a few feet.....

Attachments

• IMG_5217.jpg
    IMG_5217.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
May 2, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #7,957 of 7,994
So, yes, I can totally recommend Vesper Audio to everyone that are in the need of repair or cabling update for their headset.
I just so wish they'd relocate to a normal country... as it is now, I cannot send or receive anything from Belarus (our postal service suspended all operations to that destination since the start of Russia's war) or pay anything to them (same reasons). @Vesperaudio

May 11, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #7,961 of 7,994
Does the mod cost a lot? Mine also died over year ago. Maybe it's wire maybe it's speaker itself not sure.
It really does depend on the work you want to have done - just contact Pavel at Vesper Audio for the up to date list of repairs/upgrades and cable choices....If you happened to pay the full retail price for yours, then you're only ever going to be pleasantly surprised at the 'bang for your buck'...

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #7,962 of 7,994
Does the mod cost a lot? Mine also died over year ago. Maybe it's wire maybe it's speaker itself not sure.
Here's the prices Pavel from VesperAudio gave me, you should still check with him as they might have changed :
- Meta arg cable + recabling : 121 usd
- Anthem CL + recabling : 104 usd
- Evo insane CL + recabling : 154 usd
- Empathy CL + recabling : 168 usd
- MMCX mod : 114 usd if ordered separately / 92 usd if ordered with our cable
- Driver replacement : 130 usd

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #7,963 of 7,994
In my case it was not a cable issue but one driver was gone, (you can discover the issue cause only once your ims's is disassembled, no other way) thus Vesper Audio gave me this quotation for repair and mod with "Legato arg" cable and L shaped TRRS connector:

_The driver of this revision is $142 with all replacement works.
_Legato cable and TRRS L shaped connector is 183$ with works.

Very happy with the work and SQ result, you will not regret the decision.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back