Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Dec 18, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #7,666 of 7,998
Lion heart

Dec 19, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #7,667 of 7,998
Let us know when earphones assembled and tested for proper fr. It is hard to assemble and tune it properly even if driver is extracted in less barbarian way than heat gun. Both front clear diffusor and magnet are not glued superfirmly. Once you change it's position just a little bit (pushing or pulling, which you can't avoid extracting) you will not get proper resulting fr. But if both your drivers are still in normal operating range you are extraordinary lucky)

Dec 19, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #7,668 of 7,998
Let us know when earphones assembled and tested for proper fr. It is hard to assemble and tune it properly even if driver is extracted in less barbarian way than heat gun. Both front clear diffusor and magnet are not glued superfirmly. Once you change it's position just a little bit (pushing or pulling, which you can't avoid extracting) you will not get proper resulting fr. But if both your drivers are still in normal operating range you are extraordinary lucky)
Will do.

Dec 19, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #7,669 of 7,998
not too sure if this is the correct thread to post and ask.. but what do you guys think of blon-bl03 vs sennheiser ie800? since i have never heard ie800 before other than last month when i tried in store.. but kind of forgot what it sounds like now.. i have a diy ie800 not the real senns so i can't compare..

but anyone that has compared the 2 iems? what do u prefer and why?

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #7,670 of 7,998
not too sure if this is the correct thread to post and ask.. but what do you guys think of blon-bl03 vs sennheiser ie800? since i have never heard ie800 before other than last month when i tried in store.. but kind of forgot what it sounds like now.. i have a diy ie800 not the real senns so i can't compare..

but anyone that has compared the 2 iems? what do u prefer and why?
really doubt there is any kind of comparison between a 20 dollar iem and a 500 dollar one. i don't want to be that guy but...

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #7,672 of 7,998
Yea they're exactly the same as a $30 pair of IEM, we ALL just have this habit of paying 30x more for stuff we don't need......come on guy seriously.

And I say if you have heard real ie 800 and you can't remember it. This hobby isn't for you at all. Move on buy the $30 iem and be happy.

Jan 5, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #7,673 of 7,998
Yea they're exactly the same as a $30 pair of IEM, we ALL just have this habit of paying 30x more for stuff we don't need......come on guy seriously.

And I say if you have heard real ie 800 and you can't remember it. This hobby isn't for you at all. Move on buy the $30 iem and be happy.

Oh yeah. Got real ones, color me enamoured! :D

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #7,676 of 7,998
@huggy020 did you complete rewire?
Yes I did. Its less involved than the disassembly. Sennheiser went out of their way to make it easier, with markings, grooves etc. You basically have to get sealed unit. The top "port" vents outside the one below appears to be cosmetic..its completely sealed. The wire entry point into the case is also sealed. Looking at the design, without that entry seal the top will be useless. One more thing , using heat to disassemble was not a good idea, way too much plastic and rubber to deform. I was lucky there.. will post some photos later

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #7,677 of 7,998

Lol why so angry? It was just a question i want to know the answer to haha

Jan 7, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #7,680 of 7,998
Yes I did. Its less involved than the disassembly. Sennheiser went out of their way to make it easier, with markings, grooves etc. You basically have to get sealed unit. The top "port" vents outside the one below appears to be cosmetic..its completely sealed. The wire entry point into the case is also sealed. Looking at the design, without that entry seal the top will be useless. One more thing , using heat to disassemble was not a good idea, way too much plastic and rubber to deform. I was lucky there.. will post some photos later

Please post...

one more thing, inner mesh on mine came off. I was checking AliExpress, do you think these will be an replacement

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32800734441.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.dd003c00R37XK7&mp=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back