Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Apr 19, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #6,841 of 7,998

I'm sorry to hear that... Romania is not the most friendly place either, and it might not be the best idea to have such a complex set of devices in here either, but meh... Gotta try 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 Plus the music is usually pretty active. Metal active. Or Active Metals 
gs1000.gif

Ha-2 might still not be as good as Mojo and most certainly not as good as iDSD though... 

ie800 respond to iDSD by getting their signature something similar to He-1 
very_evil_smiley.gif

It is all in the upcoming review for iFi iDSD BL 
wink.gif

The HA-2 I thought was way worse than Mojo, it's why I switched.  Guitar distortion in particular sounded awful in comparison.  Like I find a lot of dac amps are somewhat subtly different where I'll hear the difference but it's not like one sounds unusable.  That difference was so large it sounded like something was wrong with the HA-2 even though I'm fairly sure that wasn't the case.

Haven't tried the iDSD BL obviously, but I may at some point.

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #6,843 of 7,998
Replacement Sennheiser eartips (Silicone, no foam) for the IE 800 can be found here:
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories--earpads---ie-800
You can also scroll down to the very bottom of the page and change countries if needed.
Definitely worth mentioning!
Playing around with different tips and even tip combinations is recommended, and the payoff in comfort and sound is worth it even if the means are surprising.

Um so that link is basically useless?  S is out of stock, M and L are lead to "Find a dealer" page which is completely useless.  Where do I select IE800 rubber tips in the products page of find a dealer?  Am I suppose to drive to the closest Sennheiser dealer to pick up 2 pieces of rubber tip? And at $16 bucks?

Like I said...IE800 just has so many Anti-Consumer designs its laughable.  Hope others get to see how much of a pain in the ass to replace something that shouldn't even be proprietary in the first place.  I mean come on...proprietary tips? Especially on an IEM as dependent on a good seal as the IE800.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #6,844 of 7,998

Um so that link is basically useless?  S is out of stock, M and L are lead to "Find a dealer" page which is completely useless.  Where do I select IE800 rubber tips in the products page of find a dealer?  Am I suppose to drive to the closest Sennheiser dealer to pick up 2 pieces of rubber tip? And at $16 bucks?

Like I said...IE800 just has so many Anti-Consumer designs its laughable.  Hope others get to see how much of a pain in the ass to replace something that shouldn't even be proprietary in the first place.  I mean come on...proprietary tips? Especially on an IEM as dependent on a good seal as the IE800.

Still the best IEMs in the world for me though 
gs1000.gif

I have a feeling that it is about the inner peace. IE800 can feel you and if you're stressed, they won't work out well enough. 

Joking aside, you should be able to order anything from any dealer or mail Sennheiser and they should be able to ship it to you. AVstore sure can help, but if you're not from Romania, then you should find the official Sennheiser dealer in your country. 

I needed a cable for ie800 before, it came pretty tidy packaged, arrived at AVstore - one of the official Romanian dealers and everything went pretty fine. 

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #6,845 of 7,998
That's pretty dangerous in my area, which is why I need a longer cable and hide my mojo in my pocket.  I'd be somewhat interested in trying the iDAD to see how it sounds, but the size is a little cumbersome.  

I loved the Oppo HA-2 convenience wise because it could use 1 small cable instead of needing the USB Camera adapter on my iPhone now for mojo...

The ie-800 and mojo are an excellent pairing IMO.

Did you guys compare mojo and iphone 6 or 7? I was not able to spot any difference using tidal hifi. Would really like to hear the difference. Any particular song i could test that stands out for hearing the difference?

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #6,846 of 7,998

While I agree and wish the cable was fully detachable, I appreciate the ear tips.  Having that screen inside them is so helpful.  I'm pretty sure my ie80s failed because something got inside, while the ie800s nothing has ever got close and I can just wash the full ear tip to clean the outer screen.

Did you guys compare mojo and iphone 6 or 7? I was not able to spot any difference using tidal hifi. Would really like to hear the difference. Any particular song i could test that stands out for hearing the difference?

Like the in built DAC vs the Mojo?  Yeah I could hear it overall.  Tidal I'm somewhat skeptical if I can hear the difference vs Spotify, but I have it anyway as it could be one of those unconscious things where I can't pick out the difference but it is there.  

Anyway, yeah idk, I've listened to Green Day a lot, so a song like American Idiot the difference was pretty noticeable.  But I can hear it on most tracks.  I bought Mojo at all because I was in NYC and compared it to my Oppo and the difference was so noticeable I was sold.  And I like the Oppo more than the stock iPhone.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #6,847 of 7,998
Just got it today, and absolutely love it! I come from IE8, btw.
I'm not a bass head but I like its deep sub-bass! mid-bass is
much better than the IE8 (which is hump). IMO, the best part is the
mids and highs which are very detailed.

It's comfortable and stays tightly in my ears. I feel a little bit strange
in the first use that I have to make the tips "suck" the air in my
ear (by pushing it in and pulling it out a lille bit) to make a good
seal.

I'm not tall so the cable's length is perfect from my jeans pocket.

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #6,848 of 7,998
  Just got it today, and absolutely love it! I come from IE8, btw.
I'm not a bass head but I like its deep sub-bass! mid-bass is
much better than the IE8 (which is hump). IMO, the best part is the
mids and highs which are very detailed.

It's comfortable and stays tightly in my ears. I feel a little bit strange
in the first use that I have to make the tips "suck" the air in my
ear (by pushing it in and pulling it out a lille bit) to make a good
seal.

I'm not tall so the cable's length is perfect from my jeans pocket.

Welcome to the club!

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #6,849 of 7,998
As a previous owner of the IE800 , i'd say give the new Beyerdynamic Xelento a try . 
they share pretty similar signatures which may appeal ~

love it when these companies push the limit of a single dynamic driver !

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #6,851 of 7,998
Anyone here try the Gotor Audio Extension Cord remote with mic with the IE800, I was looking at the RCS-800 but at almost 25% the cost of Sennheiser’s solution thought I might give a try. Usually opt for my NuForce NE800Ms when I go out just with the phone.

https://www.amazon.com/gotor-Extension-Headphone-Sennheiser-headphones/dp/B01M9HA5UI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492888888&sr=8-2&keywords=gotor+ie800

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #6,852 of 7,998
  Anyone here try the Gotor Audio Extension Cord remote with mic with the IE800, I was looking at the RCS-800 but at almost 25% the cost of Sennheiser’s solution thought I might give a try. Usually opt for my NuForce NE800Ms when I go out just with the phone.

https://www.amazon.com/gotor-Extension-Headphone-Sennheiser-headphones/dp/B01M9HA5UI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492888888&sr=8-2&keywords=gotor+ie800

What is the length of that cable vs stock?

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #6,855 of 7,998

Users who are viewing this thread

Back