Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jan 28, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #4,651 of 7,998
Any time I've tried putting on comply tips, they would go on, but when removing the IE800 after a session, the tips would come off, so I'd say a soft no on the other tips with my limited experience.  I'm sure there's some aftermarket tip designed for the IE800 I'm unaware of, however.

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #4,653 of 7,998
I am so vehemently against Comply tips that I'd rather not own a pair of IE800s than use them with the IE800s.

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #4,655 of 7,998
Hey,

@thefitz
I can fully understand that you dont like using the Complys.

But in my opinion it is the only tip which isolates good enough to use them in noisy enviroments... (Subway,etc)

Anybody knows about aftermarket tips which are designed for the Ie800?

I wanted to try spinfits. But they are super expensive here

Greetings Flo

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #4,656 of 7,998
Haha I went through a tip phase with my IE80s (answer - JVC Spiral Dots).

I bought a pair of SpinFits and at one point wanted to sue them for false advertising.

There's a reason Comply offers different sizes (or at least they used to) - earbuds have different bore diameters. The IE80s required 500 series Comply, and Sony earbuds I had required 200s. The IE80s are about twice as wide as the Sonys. There's no way one tip would fit both. However, SpinFit advertised as such.

When I put them on, the channel of the tip covered about 50% of the surface area of the driver. This totally changes the sound, and not for the better. They fit the Sony earbuds perfectly, but the isolation was considerably worse than the stock gel hybrid tips.

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #4,658 of 7,998
I just bought them off amazon.

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #4,659 of 7,998
  I just bought them off amazon.

+1 for me as well, love these things with most IEM's... haven't tried them with the IE800 as the ovals work real well for me.

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #4,660 of 7,998
Hey,

@thefitz
I can fully understand that you dont like using the Complys.

But in my opinion it is the only tip which isolates good enough to use them in noisy enviroments... (Subway,etc)

Anybody knows about aftermarket tips which are designed for the Ie800?

I wanted to try spinfits. But they are super expensive here

Greetings Flo

I have yet to find a single AM tip designed for the IE800... that "locking" mechanic is proprietary

Jan 29, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #4,663 of 7,998
I don't like how the drums sound like theyre being hit with pencils

I think that drums sound pretty realistic. No objection on the weight or impact of sound of drums. 

I used to drum, and I have a rough idea of how drums are supposed to sound in certain tracks, and ie800 is spot on. 

Maybe you have a case of bad synergy? Or you do not get a good seal? I think I heard drums sounding a tad thin at some points, where I could not fit ie800 right in my ears, usually this would go away after washing my ears with soap or perrioxyde, and washing the tips (usually, if I wear them for too long, they get slippery, and slip out of ears. This happens a lot more during summer than winter)

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #4,664 of 7,998
IMHO, IE800 has THE BEST representative textured bass among anything I have owned up to $1300 (JH13/16).

The texture is off the charts.  If you like BIGGER bass the IE800 might not be enough but there is no denying the detail and texture.  It's jaw dropping.

Having said that...I have kept my warm lush Pro50 thick/detailed slamming bass as my GO TO  IEMr almost a year now.

It's the best IEM ever designed if you like to listen loud and want the detail but easy on the ears.

Jan 30, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #4,665 of 7,998
I'm starting to think I have really bad set with both drivers faulty

The best textured bass? Not even close to the bass quality of hd650

Realistic timbre? Again not even close to a headphone costing more than £200. Shocking considering this cost me £600

Detail is bad for this price point

Lows mids highs all distorted across the range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back