Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jan 11, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #2,716 of 7,990
There's a few method to check fakes. There's one website in Russian where he compared the authentic vs fake IE800. Do a Google search. Hope this helps! (The blue color on the box should be darker)

Another hint that it is a fake is if you see seams on the IEM or maybe the seams are sloppy.

For differentiating colors it may be a bit more difficult due to the fact that you don't have side by side comparisons.
Generic PC and laptop monitors can't accurately display colors unless of course its professional grade

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #2,717 of 7,990
Wasn't there a hologram and a code on box you check on Sennheiser website?

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #2,720 of 7,990
Nobody try to ever cut a corner.  Get the real thing.  IE800 is sensational.  Soundstage, clarity, DEEP bass, vocals are as good as the best I have ever heard... but all frequencies are synchronized as one.  It's the whole package.

I was so itchy to hear these and figured I might be sending back.  After initial listenings I still though that but after 3 weeks.   No joking around.  I can't part with these.  No way.   My JH5 custom takes care of the thick rockin mid mass fix to satisfy most music to an acceptable level.  It is decent all the way around in every regard.  It does everything all universals do up to quad drivers but a custom fit.

JH5 is now my "back-up" IEM or IEM I would wear in a very HOT workout environment.  It is indestructible.  GREAT job JH Audio on the JH5.  Sound should be great for nearly everyone.

But IE800 is insanely good.  I wish everyone could hear it.  I would pay for a listener showdown with IE800, W60, SE846 in a controlled environment.  I have owned all and figure a win for IE800.   This is the Spyro fanboy talking.

I have said it before and will say again.  W60 is unreal.  I love it!  But after 3 weeks I started missing the brighter crisp articulateness of the midrange and treble.....that you get with IE800.

But it IS personal preferences....................

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #2,721 of 7,990
You tell em Spyro!Especially to them se846 fanboys
mad.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #2,723 of 7,990
Haaaaahaaaaaa ☺️ I have them both Shures Se846 and Senns iE800 and love both but the Shures edge the Senns out slightly ......and I've been a Senn fan for a long time.....

Seriously though there are things that se846 do better.Razor sharp image,better prat with percussion instruments and if you're a shure fan you'll love the dinstinct lush shure mids.Again,though it loses in clarity,microdetail and imaging to the ie800s and that's not just for the saying or hell of it.I also have both and been listening extensively  but i'm not gonna deny what i'm hearing just to conform to the majority.

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #2,724 of 7,990
Seriously though there are things that se846 do better.Razor sharp image,better prat with percussion instruments and if you're a shure fan you'll love the dinstinct lush shure mids.Again,though it loses in clarity,microdetail and imaging to the ie800s and that's not just for the saying or hell of it.I also have both and been listening extensively  but i'm not gonna deny what i'm hearing just to conform to the majority.

Neither was I so I had both balanced as well and they both sound great running with two AK 240s before I sold one And after I just felt the Shures edged them out .......but either way the 800s are great .......:blush:

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #2,725 of 7,990
It may already be somewhere in this thread (it's a looong thread) but has anyone compared the IE800 with the JH Audio Roxanne Universal?

Considering getting some of the Roxannes to compliment my IE800 and wondered what the sonic differences were.

Jan 13, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #2,726 of 7,990
listening to Coma by Guns N Roses with these IE800's

HOLY SMOKING SCHOMOLEEEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CnSTSixzcg

That drum kicks, the bass guitar, the lead guitars, the amazing vocals. The soundstage oh my God.
This little headphones, is truly a gem, truly a miracle.

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #2,727 of 7,990
  listening to Coma by Guns N Roses with these IE800's

HOLY SMOKING SCHOMOLEEEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CnSTSixzcg

That drum kicks, the bass guitar, the lead guitars, the amazing vocals. The soundstage oh my God.
This little headphones, is truly a gem, truly a miracle.

Honestly, I say this almost after every time I'm done with my listening session.  I'd just stare at the IE800's (and my DX90) thinking how in the **** did these little crappy speakers produce that kind of sound/sound stage in my ears just now.  Simply unbelievable.

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #2,728 of 7,990
  Honestly, I say this almost after every time I'm done with my listening session.  I'd just stare at the IE800's (and my DX90) thinking how in the **** did these little crappy speakers produce that kind of sound/sound stage in my ears just now.  Simply unbelievable.

Why do you consider the IE800 crappy?

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #2,729 of 7,990
  Why do you consider the IE800 crappy?

Sorry I was unclear, by crappy I guess I meant to say "tiny/teeny" speakers.  Obviously the sound from IE800 is godly, I just can't understand how these tiny little speakers produce them, that's all, haha.

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #2,730 of 7,990
On the basis of 846 having the ability to be made custom, surely this edges them ahead of the IE800 a little more?

I'm not sure what to do, I want customs for the fit and complete seal whilst on the move, but do not really want to love away from the IE800 sound, which when paired with my iPhone 5S is stunning. I guess the answer would be to keep the IE800 and get customs for on the move. 

How do 846 stack up against Ultimate Ears ref 18?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back