Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Aug 19, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #2,236 of 7,998
So I collected my ie800s today from my local HiFi store - yep, I bought bricks and mortar!  Anyhow, I'm having a nightmare of a time with the supplied tips for isolation.  I'm getting zero bass from anything other than the medium tips supplied and even then it's extremely weak. For reference, my Klipsch x10is have a much deeper bass line - but then they insert much deeper so I get a great seal.  I'm not sure where this will end up but I'm beginning to get bothered by the fact that none of my stock of tips from Shure, UE, Klipsch, Sony will get me out of a hole here....

Try the smallest tips and go over the ear. I get a nice deep , tight for that way. Great bass, great treble texture compared to normal insertion ie wire dangling straight down.

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #2,237 of 7,998
Smallest oval of he likes klipsch, I had the x10`s and the x10`s do have more suction as they are not vented but isolation is similar with silicone tips, the x10`s do however have much more isolation using foam tips. The ie800`s need to be pushed in even after it feels comfy, then you get a suction effect which secures the bud. Bass should definitely not be lacking, its about the same as the x10`s but more sub bass, tad less mid bass. 

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #2,238 of 7,998
Try the smallest tips and go over the ear. I get a nice deep , tight for that way. Great bass, great treble texture compared to normal insertion ie wire dangling straight down.

Thanks for the advice...! Having some success over ear - from an audio quality and bass perspective - with the small oval tips. If I go over ear with the cable, there's little slack and the cord is very tight below my jaw so I'm leaving the cable droop out. I get a deeper fit but it is not comfortable that way though as the shape of rear of the iem - the vents - wedge down into the base of my ear canal.   Has to be a better way.  

Aug 19, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #2,239 of 7,998
Am interested in the sennheiser ie800 since i got the ibasso dx90.
Can i jog with the sennheiser ie800? There are people out there that says microphonics are terrible and not recommended to run with and others dont find any problems at all. Hmm

Aug 19, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #2,240 of 7,998
Am interested in the sennheiser ie800 since i got the ibasso dx90.
Can i jog with the sennheiser ie800? There are people out there that says microphonics are terrible and not recommended to run with and others dont find any problems at all. Hmm

I jog and walk with them every single day.   The microphonics are noticeable at low volumes.   However, most people exercise and run usually with relatively loud music.  Then, you tend not to notice.   With the softer cables, a shirt clip is now a good option.   This will reduce a little noise.

Also, the cable is a little short.  This can be a problem if you try to wear it over the ear or tuck it under a long shirt.

Aug 19, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #2,241 of 7,998
I jog and walk with them every single day.   The microphonics are noticeable at low volumes.   However, most people exercise and run usually with relatively loud music.  Then, you tend not to notice.   With the softer cables, a shirt clip is now a good option.   This will reduce a little noise.

Also, the cable is a little short.  This can be a problem if you try to wear it over the ear or tuck it under a long shirt.

thanks! Hmm i can get it for 459€
So the cable is removable

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #2,244 of 7,998
  So I collected my ie800s today from my local HiFi store - yep, I bought bricks and mortar!  Anyhow, I'm having a nightmare of a time with the supplied tips for isolation.  I'm getting zero bass from anything other than the medium tips supplied and even then it's extremely weak. For reference, my Klipsch x10is have a much deeper bass line - but then they insert much deeper so I get a great seal.  I'm not sure where this will end up but I'm beginning to get bothered by the fact that none of my stock of tips from Shure, UE, Klipsch, Sony will get me out of a hole here....

I had the exact problem with these and was so frustrated for about 2 weeks trying everything! But I'm glad I didn't just sell them because after solving the issues and finding the right tip size to get perfect balance of bass .. they're awesome. Just need time and patience with these but was worth it for me.

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #2,245 of 7,998
Thanks will think about it. Will the ibasso dx90 good enough for those iems you think?

I've got the IE800's paired up with the DX90 and it sounds god damn awesome.  Get it, you won't regret it.

Aug 20, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #2,247 of 7,998
Is it simple enough to wear the IE800s over-ear? A post a while back said you had to swap the 'phones,i.e. left 'phone to right ear?

Yes to be hmmm "correct" you should switch them right in left , left in right.....but I suggest people with fit issues have a try and listen to them cords down not over ear ..with right in left and left in right...and see the difference in fit as well as have a listen at the sound signature....I've done this many times and like it to some extent as I feel it brings vocals just a tad bit more forward, I don't know how some would feel...but there's always something new to discover and find☺️ I know it's not the way they said it should be worn but people also with fit issues will find that it allows the phones to sit inside the ear better, give it a try if it doesn't work for you the sun will still rise tomorrow:wink: all will not end .....besides sometimes it's good to be different in ones thinking.....I used to always wear my momentums right to left left to right because I personally like the fit better as I had them since they were first released "don't listen to them much anymore as they were more of an impulse buy:yum:......

Aug 20, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #2,248 of 7,998
  Is it simple enough to wear the IE800s over-ear? A post a while back said you had to swap the 'phones,i.e. left 'phone to right ear?

As I say above, I'm finding there's little slack when overear.  Maybe it's my big head tho'!  It's uncomfortable being so tight.  Inserted 'upside down' with left to left ear and right to right ear of you follow me works reasonably well from a fit perspective.  It's also the only way I can get it sounding right with my weird ears!

Aug 20, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #2,249 of 7,998
As I say above, I'm finding there's little slack when overear.  Maybe it's my big head tho'!  It's uncomfortable being so tight.  Inserted 'upside down' with left to left ear and right to right ear of you follow me works reasonably well from a fit perspective.  It's also the only way I can get it sounding right with my weird ears!

Yes we are all aware that a lot of people can not wear over ear as they weren't designed this way ....if you get a chance you may want to go back to earlier posts then you will see this as well ...some people can wear them this way while many can't.....as I said try opposites in the regular cable down configuration ......maybe you'll like maybe you won't ....the conclusion is some people have no problems with fit and a few do...they as well as everything else weren't or rather aren't going to fit everyone the same as we're all different ......good luck ☺️

Aug 20, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #2,250 of 7,998
I agree it's all about finding a fit for each individual. I'm lucky that over ear (left to left ear and right in right ear) slides in my ear canal like the whole shape of the housing was meant for it to be this way. It goes in better than my se 535. They just slide in and almost guides it's self with very little force . The other pros of doing this are good seal, less cable noise as the top of my ear absorbs the vibrations , more secure fit ( I'm lucky that my head size means I have enough wire not to be to tight) and more discrete (you can just see the vents popping out my ear) . A friend tried them and he got a similar deep , easy insertion with the cable down but I can't do this. It's all about the shape of the ear canal. I hope you all find your own fit because it's worth it once you find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back