Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jun 4, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #1,941 of 7,990
Losing any of the official proprietary tips would be costly to replace.  Complies are much cheaper.
Regarding comfort, this is likely to vary from listener to listener.
The seal is better for me, providing slightly better isolation, but most importantly, they no longer fall out of my ears so easily.

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #1,944 of 7,990
Jun 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #1,946 of 7,990
  Isn*t it recommend due to hygienical reasons? I mean, it's not exactly clean inside one's ears

Sorry but that's just ridiculous. Comply's only need to be replaced when they start breaking down which depends entirely on how much they are used. Bacteria and germs can live just as long on silcon and other materials as they can on foam

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #1,948 of 7,990
Do you disinfect your silicon tips weekly?  Maybe your ears are just dirtier. If you clean your ears regularly and properly, you are not going to have dirty tips are you?  In any case, there is nowhere that it is recommended to replace Comply's weekly.

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #1,949 of 7,990
Whoever says the IE800 doesn't need an amp (more to the point, that they don't scale due to being easy to drive) needs their ears testing...

Loving them more with each passing upgrade :)

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #1,950 of 7,990
Mine have failed at the juncture of the iem to 2.5mm plug cable fitting. First one ear went out (w/no warning or intermittent signal period of deteriorating sound). A few days later the second went out as well. I've tested the 3.5 to 2.5mm Sennheiser supplied cable and it's ok. So it's definitely the cable to 2.5mm plug connection where it looks frayed and loose. Has any one else had this issue? Did a search on Head-Fi and could not find related. Sorry, did not read all 130pages of this blog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back