Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jun 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #1,307 of 7,998
the more I listen to this iems with my hdvd800, the more I love them. They really beat the lcd-2 in the bass compartment and treble is almost as good as the hd800s.

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #1,308 of 7,998
Quote:
If it's the same spot on the same track, could be your recording or rip. can you re-rip the track and test it?

Ok,after a bit more experimenting it seems that it is not always in the same spot.
I mainly said that because on one track I tried it was there after several listens,but the crackle is not on that spot now,but it is still there.
I have messaged the seller and told them about the crackle,waiting now on an answer,hopefully I can return them for a refund or replaced.
But I am worried that they will say its my fault for having them up too loud or something,I have only been listening to them on my iPod without any amp,would an iPod go loud enough to damage them ?
It seems to be getting worse as it is more noticeable now.
The crackle is noticed on  music I listen to through Spotify ,iTunes downloads and my own rips,so I dont thing its the music and it only the right ear piece.

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #1,309 of 7,998
the more I listen to this iems with my hdvd800, the more I love them. They really beat the lcd-2 in the bass compartment and treble is almost as good as the hd800s.

I'll have to give them a go with the HVD800, haven't tried it yet, just been using them with my AK120.

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #1,310 of 7,998
Quote:
Ok,after a bit more experimenting it seems that it is not always in the same spot.
I mainly said that because on one track I tried it was there after several listens,but the crackle is not on that spot now,but it is still there.
I have messaged the seller and told them about the crackle,waiting now on an answer,hopefully I can return them for a refund or replaced.
But I am worried that they will say its my fault for having them up too loud or something,I have only been listening to them on my iPod without any amp,would an iPod go loud enough to damage them ?
It seems to be getting worse as it is more noticeable now.
The crackle is noticed on  music I listen to through Spotify ,iTunes downloads and my own rips,so I dont thing its the music and it only the right ear piece.

A warranty is a warranty no matter what. If you have used them for what they are designed for - listening to music - then the warranty stands. Volume is not a provable issue for them.

Jun 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #1,311 of 7,998
Regarding the bass vents, I vaguely and probably not-correctly at all mis-remember that some people had said that one vent might be a usual vent and the other reduced 7-8k resonance... did ie800 owners ever quite build a consensus on that? If so, reducing the vent which is a more usual bass vent should have an impact on the quantity of bass (reducing it, if one finds it overmuch)--has anyone done that? I seem to kinda, sorta remember reading that a person had tried that a little, but don't remember a consensus on it.

Thanks!

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #1,312 of 7,998
Quote:
I'm noticing a crackling noise coming out of the right ear piece on several songs,its not very loud,but noticeable.
At 1st I thought it was maybe my iPod or the actual audio file,but when I listen to the songs on my IE80's the crackle is not there.
The crackle seems to be at the same spot each time,it does not drift.
These are less than a week old.
frown.gif

Has this problem been raised before ? it shouldn't happen on such expensive earphones....damn

Any suggestions ?

Tell me the song and a time that it occurs and I could check on my earphones.  If I don't have it you could send me part of the song or the file if that helps...  I'll tell you if it's the song or not.

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #1,313 of 7,998
Quote:
umm...
dont compare the un equal product
how to compare a sport bike to a large truck? you can put a dozen of bike into the truck even if the truck is cheaper than the bike

He wasn't asking to compare the features of the product.  He was simply asking if it sounded better.  So, whether it fits in his pocket or not doesn't matter.  :p  Can you tell us "how" it sounds better?  Specifically in what ways?

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #1,314 of 7,998
Quote:

Tell me the song and a time that it occurs and I could check on my earphones.  If I don't have it you could send me part of the song or the file if that helps...  I'll tell you if it's the song or not.

Hi
I have since discovered its not in the same spot all the time,it changes,I messaged to seller 3 days ago,still waiting to hear back from them.

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #1,316 of 7,998
Quote:
Hi Everybody!

My question is that: this IEM, the IE800 sounds better as the full sized HD650? (By the double prize...
L3000.gif
)

I have both, took me awhile to customized to IE800's sound so here goes.

I find the IE800 is technically superior to the HD650s.
I could hear details on both, but IE800 makes the tiny background details more evident.

HD650 is a laid back kind of sound, everything takes a back seat, it's however very smooth this way, although I find it technically lousier.
That said, im not saying hd650 lacks details, its just represented in a way u wouldn't notice it unless u do critical listening to it.

Whereas for IE800, the details are in ur face. I find it to have lusher mids as well. IE800 won't be the house signature sound.
My reading suggest it steers towards HD700 sound reproduction, different from previous models such as hd650,600,580s and IE 6,60,7,8,80s signature.

Could sennheiser have redesigned their house signature? Its hard to say. HD650 still is a very enjoyable pair of cans for me, especially when it's opened.
If ur questions was ie800 vs hd650s, i would say ie800 has the upper hand.

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,319 of 7,998
Quote:
I still don't understand the comparison between open back, large headphones and IEM's? They're always going to sound different, even from the same manufacturer. Apples & Oranges...
smily_headphones1.gif

I disagree with this opinion, because I think both instruments just make sound to your ears, so they must be comparised anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back