Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Dec 13, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #5,971 of 7,998
  guys i am not here to derail the amazing ie800, but anyone who cares about a great addition to the ie800 add to your list to look at ibasso it03, this cheap 250 usd iem totally surprised me and really showed me that sometimes in life we get surprised by cheap products

250 USD is not cheap at all. 

Very very basic question:

With my IE800 the Sennheiser supplied adapter cable (from the IE800's 2.5mm plug to the standard 3.5mm plug) ist broken, and because I anyway wanted a shorter cable, I ordered a standard aftermarket 20cm cable (with a 2.5mm female connector and a 3.5mm male plug). Much to my dismay the IE800 plug does not hold within the standard (?) female connector of the delivered cable. Sound is transferred, but mechanically there is no "plugging" resistance and mechanical withhold (if I can express that in an understandable way).

a) is the IE800's 2.5mm plug a standard one?

b) if no, can somebody kindly point to a fitting aftermarktet adapter cable in the range of 15..30cm length?

Thanks for a knowledge transfer...  
beerchug.gif

It should be a standard 2.5mm connector, and should work with other connectors, tho there is not a  single best one expressed in this thread so far or at least since I've been a part of it. 

A longer cable would be sweet 
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #5,972 of 7,998
  Very very basic question:

b) if no, can somebody kindly point to a fitting aftermarktet adapter cable in the range of 15..30cm length?

Thanks for a knowledge transfer...  
beerchug.gif

If you  don't mind buying chinese copies, Aliexpress has DIY replacement cables for $15.99
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Replacement-extension-Stereo-Audio-Cable-Cord-for-SENNHEISER-IE800-Headphones/606703_32464698774.html

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #5,973 of 7,998
  If you  don't mind buying chinese copies, Aliexpress has DIY replacement cables for $15.99
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Replacement-extension-Stereo-Audio-Cable-Cord-for-SENNHEISER-IE800-Headphones/606703_32464698774.html

did anyone try them are they a bit less hard than original cable, what about sound any degradation 

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #5,974 of 7,998
  did anyone try them are they a bit less hard than original cable, what about sound any degradation 

Compared directly to Sennheiser's OEM maybe a tiny bit stiffer, didn't notice any degradation in sound and they do fit perfectly and least the one from my ie800s copies I had on hand.
Copy is on the right.

There's always the original from Sennheiser.
http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/portable-headphones/ie-800/audio-cable-ie800.html

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #5,975 of 7,998

Compared directly to Sennheiser's OEM maybe a tiny bit stiffer, didn't notice any degradation in sound and they do fit perfectly and least the one from my ie800s copies I had on hand.
Copy is on the right.

There's always the original from Sennheiser.
http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/portable-headphones/ie-800/audio-cable-ie800.html

my oem cable is fine, i thought that cable is bit less stiff

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #5,976 of 7,998
Originally Posted by Dobrescu George /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should be a standard 2.5mm connector, and should work with other connectors, tho there is not a  single best one expressed in this thread so far or at least since I've been a part of it. 
Good to know, so the problem appears to be just with my individual standard market cable.  
A longer cable would be sweet 
biggrin.gif

My own purpose is to connect the IE800 to a Noble BTS, and for that I don' want it as long as supplied by Sennheiser.  

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #5,977 of 7,998
  If you  don't mind buying chinese copies, ...

As I'm not Donald Trump, I cannot afford to refuse chinese products... 
beerchug.gif

But wow: how can anybody try to solder such a microscopic cable directly to the tiny IE800...   
eek.gif

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #5,978 of 7,998
There's always the original from Sennheiser. http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/portable-headphones/ie-800/audio-cable-ie800.html

Wow, nearly 100 bucks for a simple adapter cable...  
confused.gif

Crazy and a bit disgusting... If for $90 you can just expect a simple cable, i.e. a totally unimportant part of the IE800 product, then for me the question arises, what you can expect for the remaining $700...

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #5,980 of 7,998
  It's the price of the ear tips that kill me....around $50 or more for a pair....

O dear... I hadn't yet arrived at that problem... I get the impression that after now owning IE800s I need to sell all my Ferraris asap... 

I'm sure that my resulting question is not new within these 6'000 posts, but if you have a tip (no pun intended) at hand: are there cheap and reasonably good chinese copies?

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #5,981 of 7,998

O dear... ............
..................are there cheap and reasonably good chinese copies?

Again Aliexpress....
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top-Quality-In-Ear-Headphone-Headset-Replacement-EarBud-Ear-Buds-Tips-S-SM-M-L-4/32464706018.html?spm=2114.40010508.4.78.JQs0ka

Almost the same quality but I'm still not sure if one gets the medium round, my size, with this set?

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #5,982 of 7,998

O dear... ........I get the impression that after now owning IE800s I need to sell all my Ferraris asap... 

Funny story (or not so funny)…one of my ear tips fell off the other day in my shop, caught on a zipper or something while taking off my coat.
Anyway drove my staff crazy looking for it, and then stapled a $50 bill to the floor while I took care of customers, obviously they didn’t understand the method behind my madness for a silly little rubber tip…. until I told them the 50 is a reminder me to keep looking as that’s what it’s going to cost to replace them.
eek.gif
..(didn't have the heart to tell them the "ear buds" themselves  were $1000 Canadian.
redface.gif
..)
Needless to say I found the tip after closing for the day….and my staff will continue to believe I’m totally mad…lol...
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #5,983 of 7,998
  Funny story (or not so funny)…one of my ear tips fell off the other day in my shop, caught on a zipper or something while taking off my coat.
Anyway drove my staff crazy looking for it, and then stapled a $50 bill to the floor while I took care of customers, obviously they didn’t understand the method behind my madness for a silly little rubber tip…. until I told them the 50 is a reminder me to keep looking as that’s what it’s going to cost to replace them.
eek.gif
..(didn't have the heart to tell them the "ear buds" themselves  were $1000 Canadian.
redface.gif
..)
Needless to say I found the tip after closing for the day….and my staff will continue to believe I’m totally mad…lol...
tongue.gif

That;s just one of the reasons why this hobby is so awesome! 

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #5,984 of 7,998
  Again Aliexpress....

All most the same quality but I'm still not sure if one gets the medium round, my size, with this set?

I noticed, that is exactly those on the picture, which I own:

a) I find them comfortable, but this is true just for my own ears,

b) by looking into your link, I stumbled upon the giant floods of fake IE800, a true tsunami... By further digging into the matter I found your posts in the fake thread, and I had to realize, that my "used" $200 IE800 are china fake as well, without the faintest doubt. I can't tell whether the seller's story was really good, but at least it was sufficient for me to buy them...

I sure will survive this, but for the moment I'm somewhat pissed off by my own silliness...  
mad.gif

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #5,985 of 7,998
After digesting the frustration, I feel still interested in true IE800s. 

Can somebody educate me, what prices for post-35'000-serial-#s are realistic? And where I should look?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back