Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Feb 3, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #2,807 of 7,998
ie800 is the best  iem ever   
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #2,810 of 7,998
Maybe for him.  It's outstanding in many regards but also based totally on personal preference.  It sounds quite a bit different than other flagships like SE846 and W60 but is just as good f that's the particular flavor of sound you are after.

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #2,811 of 7,998
how does that happen?

why?

this is the first time i hear about that..

i considered buying, but now i should re-consider

is there any solution to this?.

It is a known problem among ie800 users, sennheiser does not expain, but does offer to replace if cable hardened.

The cable materials look very nice. At least haven't heard fake ones will turn hardened.

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #2,813 of 7,998
It is a known problem among ie800 users, sennheiser does not expain, but does offer to replace if cable hardened.

The cable materials look very nice. At least haven't heard fake ones will turn hardened.

this sounds like one of the wierdest things that can ever happen.. well, if sennheiser replaces, i think that it is fine... do they replace cable, or the entire iem?..

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #2,816 of 7,998
  yeah!

i might just get an ie800 afterall! 

this problem really scared me, but it seems that it could be nice to have some ie800

It won't affect the sound, considering the unbeatable bass quality even compare with some even more highly priced TOTL ciem. May be ie800 fans just consider the price be rental for 2 years...

Not a comfortable feel when part of the cable hardened anyway....

Feb 4, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #2,817 of 7,998
  It won't affect the sound, considering the unbeatable bass quality even compare with some even more highly priced TOTL ciem. May be ie800 fans just consider the price be rental for 2 years...

Not a comfortable feel when part of the cable hardened anyway....

the problem was not resolved after all this time?

new revisions still have the problem?

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #2,818 of 7,998

I am reluctant to bring it to customer service if hardening problem still persists beyond 2XXXX since it took me many hours for burn in.

I've had mine for 5 months and not even a trace of a problem.

Burn in takes 8 hours at most if you do it right. Hardly a concern at all.

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #2,819 of 7,998
Reminds me of the original SE530 cable issues up above around the ear with splitting and stuff.

Didn't those have replaceable cables? :smirk:if so that crap don't count as most people replaced the cables with better ones.....I have the SE846 and I replaced the cables with AOL copper modded with the Y split like the 800s as I like that design split cable ........Had two pair iE800 but had cable issues twice....kept one pair for a while then sold second set didn't have issues but put them around my neck one day while washing my hands and they slipped fell to the tile floor and shattered :confounded: sent them in for repair but my shop owner wanted to buy them from me once they came back so I sold those as well .....just prefer the SE846 more....but Ive always hung on to my set of iE80s....:yum:

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #2,820 of 7,998
Didn't those have replaceable cables? :smirk:if so that crap don't count as most people replaced the cables with better ones.....I have the SE846 and I replaced the cables with AOL copper modded with the Y split like the 800s as I like that design split cable ........Had two pair iE800 but had cable issues twice....kept one pair for a while then sold second set didn't have issues but put them around my neck one day while washing my hands and they slipped fell to the tile floor and shattered :confounded: sent them in for repair but my shop owner wanted to buy them from me once they came back so I sold those as well .....just prefer the SE846 more....but Ive always hung on to my set of iE80s....:yum:

My SE530 does NOT have replaceable cables.  The newer model SE535 does have replaceable cables.

My old IE800 (S/N 08340) is still supple like the day I bought it, no stiffness, no problems whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back