Sennheiser IE80 OR Shure SE535
Apr 17, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #19 of 44
I'll prefer Shure SE535 sense it has better vocal and tone which fits my music style
popcorn.gif

IE80 also looks good, but i don't have one. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #24 of 44
Jun 2, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #26 of 44
I think I'm being over dramatic. The IE8/IE80's midrange is not that bad. It's just that the SE535 is such a better allrounder for different genres of music.

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #28 of 44
Quote:
I've owned both, and I prefer the IE80s.  The Shures did sound great, but they weren't aggressive enough for my metal music while the IE80s provide that "crunch" and heaviness that I wanted. 

Most of the reviews say that IE80 has the widest sound stage and also the most bassy IEM.
May I know if IE80's bass is "quality" or "quantity" bass as comparing to Shure SE535?
May I know if IE80's huge sound stage is natural or artificial?

Can you also let us know in term of vocal & instrument separation, which is more superior: IE80 or SE535?

Dec 1, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #29 of 44
Quote:
In my opinion

Bumps up the mid-bass a lot for a more thumping bloated bass, but also bleeds into the already veiled midrange frequencies.

I just love how people use the phrase 'veiled' without qualifying what they mean. Does that mean a lack of definition? A coarsening or thickening of the tone? If that is the case then you would definitely hear it with a single human voice which of course is produced in the mid range of the audio spectrum. I am listening to a Schubert Lied and don't hear any of this at all. Just a clear and sparkling reproduction of a beautiful soprano voice. I have the bass settings on the ie80s set to minimum. Could a different setting on ProjectDenz's ie80s cause this 'veil'?

People have been making veiled criticisms (pun intended) of Sennheiser phones for years. I wonder how many of them have actually heard them for any extended period of time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back