Sennheiser ie7 vs Klipsch s4
Nov 17, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 7
IE7 has a much bigger soundstage, and much more neutral tone.  Isolation is not as good as S4.  Vocals are more forward and detailed.  Very relaxed sound with plenty of detail.  

S4 has the very bright Klipsch sound signature.  Bass is not as controlled as the IE7.  Highs are bright but seem very colored compared to the IE7.  The S4 is a colored, "fun" IEM.  The S4 is so bright you may cringe at sibilance if any of your music if your music was recorded with any.  The S4 sounded like a low-cost driver that tried really really hard to sound like a higher end driver.

The S4 was also designed for consumers listening to MP3's and lower bitrate music with any source.  The IE7 is less forgiving with lower bitrate music, but not too bad, nothing like a high-end monitor IEM.

Other than them both being dynamic IEM's with decent bass impact, they are very different IEM's.  

Nov 18, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #3 of 7
fallingreason,

if the ie7 is relaxed, can u use it for more lively music (hip/hop, rap, grime, Alternative Rock....)

The issue with the low bitrate won't be a problem for me, because i only listen to mp3 and Flac.

In your experience is the ie7 worth the extra money?

Thanks for your great sum-up.
wink_face.gif

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #4 of 7
The IE7 would be great for all the genre's you listed.  They will make the bass lines spectacular in hip-hop and rap.  The only genre I do not like to use the IE7 for is hardcore rock/heavy metal.  Just because they have a relaxed presentation doesn't mean you can only listen to smooth jazz with them  
tongue.gif

I would say the IE7 is worth the money hands down.  The S4 will sound like another "very good" IEM, but the IE7 will amaze you.  Both pairs I've purchased I have found for ~150 new.  I have read around the forums that people are finding refurbs for $99.  If those are authentic, that is a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back