sennheiser ie7 vs head-direct re-0
Jul 28, 2009 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bik2101

1000+ Head-Fier
I currently own the RE-0s but after reading a lot of good reviews of the IE7s, I've been thinking about picking up a pair. Can anyone comment on improvement, if any, there will be from the RE-0 to the IE7s?

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 12
i've had the ie7.. the re0 sounds way better imo

the only thing the ie7 excels in is the bass quality/impact... other than that, it sounds veiled/congested compared to the re0

if ur looking for more bass, i'd look into the fx500 or maybe turbines

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 12
thanks for the info.... both of you were using fully burned in IE7s? because I was reading a lot that there is a certain burn in period before getting the full sound capacities from them

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 12
mine had about 120 hours before i gave up on them

i think the only improvement u'd notice is the bass and possibly soundstage, everything else would be a downgrade.. the re0's overall presentation is far superior imo, but if you're a basshead... u'll most likely like the ie7 over the re0

the only upgrade from the re0 as i see it (excluding customs) would be either the w3, um3x, or se530

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine had about 120 hours before i gave up on them

i think the only improvement u'd notice is the bass and possibly soundstage, everything else would be a downgrade.. the re0's overall presentation is far superior imo, but if you're a basshead... u'll most likely like the ie7 over the re0

the only upgrade from the re0 as i see it (excluding customs) would be either the w3, um3x, or se530

will you say RE0 has analytical cold sound signature, it seems to me "brighter", "more detailed" is somehow going to show me it is like Er4p or something like that...thanks

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 12
while they're definitely not warm, i wouldn't call them cold/analytical either... they really are very well balanced/neutral

i've had the PFE's (i can imagine the ety's being similar) and that's something i'd call cold/analytical... i prefer the re0 over the pfe just like the ie7

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
while they're definitely not warm, i wouldn't call them cold/analytical either... they really are very well balanced/neutral

i've had the PFE's (i can imagine the ety's being similar) and that's something i'd call cold/analytical... i prefer the re0 over the pfe just like the ie7

Sound goods, better than PFE. Do you mean even amped, PFE is still inferior than RE0?

How much is RE0 exactly nowadays ?

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #9 of 12
I believe RE0 is still at the sale price of $99

and good point, I forgot to mention my comparison refers to them unamped from a Fuze.

an amped pfe is a different story from what i've heard, but then again - so is an amped re0

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #10 of 12
can anyone offer opinions either agreeing or disagreeing with what koven has to say about these two iem's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back