Sennheiser IE7 @ US$ 100 ?
Jan 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

jhelsas

100+ Head-Fier
Today I've found this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sennheiser+-+Sound-Isolating+Earbud+Headphones+-+Black/9139434.p?id=1218067407570&skuId=9139434&st=sennheiser&cp=3&lp=4

Can anyone confirm if it's true this price, and of course, if it is a real IE7, and also I would like to ask if they would be worth this price, although if think that I already know the answer since their normal price is far above this mark.

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 14
Bestbuy is a legit seller. I have bought electronic items from them before. I checked the link and it says $99. That's a great deal for the IE7. I still have the IE7 and love how they sound. A very unique sound signature.

edit: it says in store only....

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 14
Interesting... I've never seen legit IE7s even close to this price, but if it's Best Buy, they're the real deal. But it looks like in-store only and I can't find any stores that have it in stock.

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 14
Not a single pair in Arizona at this price.  They're probably being sold at one Best Buy located in the middle of nowhere in a town of approximately 25 people.  
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #5 of 14
Lost it by one day :frowning2:

It was a deleted product, but when I talked to the people in Best Buy they said they could get it for me for exaclty the same price advertised, the only problem was that It would arrive one day after I was gone from Boston(I tried purchasing it in Boston). They said that it was not a exclusivity of that store(I went to the Hynes Convention Center Bestbuy) and it could be ordered from any of their stores, even in other states.

By the way, you need to ask them in the store, not online, but as far as could tell, they did not created any fuss over it, they only asked for 1 day more than I had.

So, last time I get to the US, I'll surely try getting it.

For you that live there, and want the IE7, try getting it from bestbuy and see if works alright, and of course, tell me afterwards if everything went smooth

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #6 of 14
I bought the IE7's legit ones for only $50 - well in the UK at £35.
So no, it doesn't really surprise me...more so this is bestbuy, not only a HUGE seller, but probably an authorised one at it too.

There are many pictures of real vs fake IE7's out there - if you are indeed interested in getting them, and for that price, then go ahead and once you have them, if you have any doubts, take them back for a full refund with a threatening "you sold me fakes" attitude :)

FYI: I wouldn't value the IE7's, genuine ones at over $80 anyway...but that might just be me.

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
I bought the IE7's legit ones for only $50 - well in the UK at £35.
So no, it doesn't really surprise me...more so this is bestbuy, not only a HUGE seller, but probably an authorised one at it too.

There are many pictures of real vs fake IE7's out there - if you are indeed interested in getting them, and for that price, then go ahead and once you have them, if you have any doubts, take them back for a full refund with a threatening "you sold me fakes" attitude :)

FYI: I wouldn't value the IE7's, genuine ones at over $80 anyway...but that might just be me.

What would you recomend for a dynamic iem with a a punchy but not excessive bass and at least comparable detail level to the Etymotic's HF5?

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #8 of 14
For under 100$, the best I could think of personally are the RE-Zeros or EX600s (in the used market). Those are the most detailed dynamics with more punch than HF5s that are within this range IME. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
For under 100$, the best I could think of personally are the RE-Zeros or EX600s (in the used market). Those are the most detailed dynamics with more punch than HF5s that are within this range IME. 

Thanks for the answer, quick and nice.

Also, after thinking sometime and also after having the chance of trying some IEMs in the airport in the way back home I'm open up to US$ 400, the price I found on the airport for the Westone 4(with a fiio e6 bundled with it) that I heard and as sooooooooo good.(Heard a lot others but I think that the westone 4 was my favorite, even over the Shure's SE535)

Not that i'm not looking for an alternative in a budget price, that I can (also) purchase, but i'm open to options on a larger budget. Have been hearing a lot about the RE-0 and RE-ZERO, i'll look more about them.

I was looking for dynamics because I already have a single BA IEM, and I'm very happy with it, and recently a friend bought my Senn's CX500 which was my dynamic IEM. If I stick with BA, probably I think that it would be better and gather some more money and invest in a good multi-BA iem, as far as I have read here in head-fi.

P.S.:
   It's a incredible feeling when you first purchase your first US$ 300 headphone, in my case was the AKG K550 that i'm wearing now as I write. Before I had a feeling that it might be not so much diference between a US$ 100 and a US$ 300, and so I was afraid of putting such huge amount of money on a headphone, and it took some time to realy convince myself that was worth it, US$ 400 just seemed unreasonable. 

Today i'm considering the Westone 4 a valid choice for a future IEM without a weight on my conscience. Not that I have boatloads of money to spend nor that I spend that kind of money without thinking a lot, but I think that's a money well spent, at least in the case of all my previous headphones was like this.

Not many of my friends share my vision, unfortunatly :p

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
What would you recomend for a dynamic iem with a a punchy but not excessive bass and at least comparable detail level to the Etymotic's HF5?

I can't comment on the HF5 - but for punchy bass (meaning not extended rumble, sub-bass):
Denon C710, MTPG, TFTA

are the best for bass.

Quote:

Also, after thinking sometime and also after having the chance of trying some IEMs in the airport in the way back home I'm open up to US$ 400, the price I found on the airport for the Westone 4(with a fiio e6 bundled with it) that I heard and as sooooooooo good.(Heard a lot others but I think that the westone 4 was my favorite, even over the Shure's SE535)

Not that i'm not looking for an alternative in a budget price, that I can (also) purchase, but i'm open to options on a larger budget. Have been hearing a lot about the RE-0 and RE-ZERO, i'll look more about them.

I was looking for dynamics because I already have a single BA IEM, and I'm very happy with it, and recently a friend bought my Senn's CX500 which was my dynamic IEM. If I stick with BA, probably I think that it would be better and gather some more money and invest in a good multi-BA iem, as far as I have read here in head-fi.

P.S.:
   It's a incredible feeling when you first purchase your first US$ 300 headphone, in my case was the AKG K550 that i'm wearing now as I write. Before I had a feeling that it might be not so much diference between a US$ 100 and a US$ 300, and so I was afraid of putting such huge amount of money on a headphone, and it took some time to realy convince myself that was worth it, US$ 400 just seemed unreasonable. 

Today i'm considering the Westone 4 a valid choice for a future IEM without a weight on my conscience. Not that I have boatloads of money to spend nor that I spend that kind of money without thinking a lot, but I think that's a money well spent, at least in the case of all my previous headphones was like this.

BA's won't have that PUNCH as dynamics do...
My w2's couldn't even compete with my sony EX500's, nor could the se535's

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #11 of 14

Quote:

P.S.:

The Westone 4s are no doubt a very good IEM, I own the 4R, however, I don't quite like their dark sound signature which I prefer a bright one, so I'm probably going to get another IEM to compliment it, but other than that, they are very good.

Don't worry what your thoughts are are definitely normal. Many people think that spending a fortune on IEMs are a big waste of money, but yet they do not understand what we think. And the Westone 4s apparently aren't the most expensive options available, so don't worry. But when you dive into customs, they can lead to $1000+, sometimes even $2000+. 

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
I can't comment on the HF5 - but for punchy bass (meaning not extended rumble, sub-bass):
Denon C710, MTPG, TFTA

are the best for bass.

BA's won't have that PUNCH as dynamics do...
My w2's couldn't even compete with my sony EX500's, nor could the se535's

A simple question. What do you think about the RE262?
Do you think that they fit my description?

Also, if possible, the same question to Jeremypsp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back