Sennheiser IE7 how to tell if fake???
Aug 31, 2010 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

asmith092

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

its my first time on here so try to be nice :p

I recently bought a pair of Sennheiser IE7's from this link
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220657408163&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_658wt_1054
i ended up paying A$155 including shipping. It seemed like it was from a decent aussie seller.

I received them today and by all accounts they seem legit. The cord and jack are both transparent which seems to be the main way of telling if their fake. However upon listening to them in my ipod i realised when i twist the jack while music is playing the sound changes from channel to channel. I also didnt receive foam tips or 2 of the sizes of double flanged tips that are meant to be in the box. The packaging and everything seemed legit though. It even had the plastic hanger coming off the box to hang on shop hooks. What do you guys reckon?

Cheers

Sep 1, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #6 of 7
i just played them again and now they're fine when i twist the jack. The guy i bought from has returned back $30 (now they've only costed $120) for the missing accessories but i have realised its also missing the metal case and cable clip. He has now relisted them and seems to think they may be factory seconds.

I'm not sure how to tell if they're geniune or not as i have only ever used cx-300 so dont really have anything to compare them to. All i know is that they sound way better than my cx-300.

I'll upload pictures in the next couple days but they look exactly like the genuine ones in pictures on these forums.

Thoughts???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back