Sennheiser IE60 Review
Mar 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #16 of 46
Have you owned other in ear canal sennheisers? If yes, how do these compare to them? I bought the cx980 but found out that the IE60 have the lumeller/double flange tips that I enjoyed so much on cx500.

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #17 of 46
Is the IE 60 non-fatiguing?  smooth on high ends? 
Sounds like veryone loves the bass on these. 

I think this may be my upgrade from the klipsch reference S4. 
I'm still trying to "burn in" the harsh treble and sibilance. 

Unless my source - sansa zip clip is to blame, i think I need the Senn sound. 

DonkeyRhubarb - listen to a lot of M83 too, glad to hear it sounded smooth with tame highs - which is what i was looking for! 

Jun 8, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #18 of 46
Quote:
I spent a long time writing this and some of it got deleted for whatever reason, so I will just let you read the rest. I might just cry if I write again and it goes again.

That is why reviews are best done on a text processor (word, pages, whatever) before posting them on a forum :)
Thanks for your review! I just ordered my IE60 ~ Can hardly wait... I am surprised about your bass comment though... perhaps you are not isolating enough?

Also I read a few times GalaxyS 2 really has quite the horrible soundprocessor. You can hear the CPU and GPU interference and the processor is a lower grade Yamaha.
See here: http://www.anandtech.com/Show/Index/4686?cPage=3&all=False&sort=0&page=13&slug=samsung-galaxy-s-2-international-review-the-best-redefined

Perhaps you don't really do your IE60 justice by plugging them into a low grade sound processor.

How do they sound now? After 5 more months they should have been more broken in now aren't they?

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #19 of 46
I have a problem... I just purchased a pair of these yesterday. I made a comparison with apple earbuds and I couldn't notice much difference between the two, I played "holiday" by green day. I already put the double ear canal and left it playing at max volume. Do I just have to burn them in for a little while as Donkey said?

Jul 16, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #21 of 46
Quote:

Where did you buy them? China has got fakes on taobao etc.
Do you have a good seal? They should isolate noises from you.
Also source. I don't like Senn IE when on Sansa, Nano. They are superb on a powerful sources.

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #23 of 46
Quote:
Where did you buy them? China has got fakes on taobao etc.
Do you have a good seal? They should isolate noises from you.
Also source. I don't like Senn IE when on Sansa, Nano. They are superb on a powerful sources.

powerful sources like what? I bought it at b&h photo at NY so Im pretty sure its not fake. Is there maybe a different seal I could buy which would improve the noise or is the double seal it comes with as good as it gets? Also, when I'm playing it on high volumes, screams or high pitched vocals sorta hurt my ear, is that normal?

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #24 of 46
Quote:
Also, when I'm playing it on high volumes, screams or high pitched vocals sorta hurt my ear, is that normal?

U've got bad seal. Try to put large tips, or some extra tips from another earphones. IE60 isolate you well. They don't have a good treble, so thay can't scream, and they've got very good bass, you should feel it.

Quote:
powerful sources like what?

CD/MD players, Amps, also just try your laptop. From flash players they are HiFiman 601,602,801, Teclast T51, X19, Colorfly C4, CK4, C3 etc.

Jul 17, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #27 of 46
Quote:
Should I get a larger seal than the ones they already come with?

Try different tips. Start from big, maybe later to medium->small. Also try from another phones, like Sony, Brainwavz, Hifiman etc.
You should get a little vacuum. After this you will feel your earphones.

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #28 of 46
I used to own an IE6, and I just got a new pair of IE80 today. I have to say that the first time I listen to ie80 i found it really like the IE6... I was a little disappointed.. It seems that ie80 weren't that into details, however I could still feel its huge sound stage...
BUT!!!! After I used the foam tips on ie80, it all changed!!! the sound is very in detail, and I could feel the punchy bass. I used No One to compare these two headphones. The bass line is much more clear and vivid when presented by IE80. I also tried beethoven's symphony no.9. again, the soundstage of ie80 is HUGE!! make me feel like i'm in a music hall and listening to it live! 
So in my opinion, ie80's sound signature is like ie6's(I don't know how the ie60's like), but IE80 brings the sound to next level, more in detail, better soundstage, punchy bass(but not overwhelmed). (Sorry for my awkward english:))

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #29 of 46
I think they have got the same driver, but acoustic formation makes some differences. Also plus changeable cable, bass regulator, etc. Difference is not huge.
When i was having IE8i i decided to try IE60 in a shop. So i don't feel any huge difference. My IE8 was with a good burn in time, IE60 was not more than 1 hour used.
I'm thinking about IE60, not IE8, not IE80, just IE60 :) Lol

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #30 of 46
Do the ie60 extend high and low to the most degree?  In other words, not talking about volume, but capability, can these make airy-ness that is very open and bright and bass that is very sub and low?  Flat response, but that you can hear?  I tried a bunch of iems and none have the really high highs capability except maybe the pfe112.  Even the ones that most people considered good reble and "open" had no real treble above say 16 or 17khz...  I don't want it to sound really bright, but i just don't like when the highest highs don't sound real... Just curious...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back