Sennheiser IE6 -- the forgotten IEM
Jan 14, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #32 of 55
Maybe fakes, bought them from John Lewis who kindly said today they'll change them.

Obviously I didn't just jam them straight in deep... I started as anyone , experimenting with position and depth. 6 tips are supplied and I tried them as well as the ones I had with the UE's including foam. If I had a bad seal I'd be aware of external noise surely? It improves marginally if I cup my hands tight over my ears, but its still very weedy. I dont expect to be amazed by in ear phones, but these really are poor.

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #34 of 55
I just picked up a pair of these in HMV in the UK for £40. As it so happened, my Klipsch X10's broke this morning and impulsively i decided to try these out. I'm familiar with the IE8's and for £40, the IE6's could be a great bargain.

For the time being, i'll probably rotate between the IE6's and my PL-30's which are really enjoyable to listen to IMO.

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #36 of 55
It was on sale down from £100 - i usually do a lot of research before buying my headphones, and even though i knew a little bit about the IE8's, i couldn't pass up buying the IE6's for just £40. In fact - HMV is where i bought my X10's for just over £100. It's definitely the place to buy if you're not looking to buy online.

They are currently selling the Klipsch S4's (brilliant IMHO) for £50 in the HMV in Southampton... They did have the Klipsch X5's for £80 at one point too there in store.

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #37 of 55
I have to add that my initial impressions of the IE6 are good - it's a bit weird going from my beloved X10's which have more detail and attack. But there are certain genres that suit the IE6's and my ears such as some dance tracks.

It's frustrating though - i can't quite get a *great* fit. I can get an okay seal, but it just doesn't quite feel 100%. I've tried all the regular tips and tricks so far...

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #38 of 55
It would be good to hear a detailed review of IE6 alongside earlier senns like CX300, CX500 & CX95 as proportional reference.

I put up such a review for the CX6 here

So anyone trying to decide between IE6 & CX6 can get a rough understanding of the differences between CX6 & IE6....

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #39 of 55
Quote:

It's frustrating though - i can't quite get a *great* fit. I can get an okay seal, but it just doesn't quite feel 100%. I've tried all the regular tips and tricks so far...

Did you try moisting your ear-canal opening with a drop of water/saliva spread on both forefingers ?

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #40 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burtybum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was on sale down from £100 - i usually do a lot of research before buying my headphones, and even though i knew a little bit about the IE8's, i couldn't pass up buying the IE6's for just £40. In fact - HMV is where i bought my X10's for just over £100. It's definitely the place to buy if you're not looking to buy online.

They are currently selling the Klipsch S4's (brilliant IMHO) for £50 in the HMV in Southampton... They did have the Klipsch X5's for £80 at one point too there in store.

£40 sounds like a stonking offer, would have been too much temptation for me to resist if id seen at that price (i looked online but was £100 which is why i asked)

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #41 of 55
Got mine today paid £35 sounds okay a little on the bass heavy.
Not sure on the design as I cant get a good seal because they aren't a straight in design.
May have to try and fine triple flange that fit these as cant get them deep enough because of the flap design and my ears getting in the way.

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #42 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burtybum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@ burtybum Sounds like there is good deals down in the southampton hmv, do they have eny other mid range or top range iems on sale?
thanks

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #43 of 55
I got some for £40 from HMV too. The Double-lipped tips get a better seal for me. Nevertheless, I've ordered some Complys.

Quite impressed so far. I think I might have found them a bit disappointing at £100. Can't complain for the price. They're more detailed than my s-Jays but not a huge jump up to be honest.

Anyway - they're dynamics so some more burn in is required before I pass judgement. We'll see what the complys do too. I generally prefer foam tipped IEMS to rubber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back