Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements
Feb 17, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #706 of 738
Ahha... we should update this thread to Sennheiser IE200/300/600/900 series. :D

I guess everyone ear is different, when in doubt, test it yourself.
I tend to encourage folks to really test themselves instead of relying on reviewer. But I be honest. I will also look at reviewer comments before deciding which to test.

As for me...

IE200 - really Good!!!
IE300 - forget it
IE600 - really Great but 5x the price???
IE900 - out of budget.

:D when in doubt, test yourself.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #708 of 738
With the Tripowin cables you don't even have to do that. Plus, from my early experience, they are superior to the original one in many aspects. Try to put the IEM in place in your ears and then walk before listening to anything. That microphonic sound from the cable that echoes in your ears is annoying as hell. Second, when you try to insert the pieces in your ear, because of the "stiffness" of that harder part that sticks behind the ear, it mostly is in the way when you are inserting the IEM in the ears. At least to me, compared with the tripowin style, the original cable won't stay nicely straight once in ears and to the source, the other one, because of composition, is always nicely stretched without kinks and so on. Finally, when storing the IEM´s on the pouch and retrieving them for use, sometimes it is a pain with the original cable to have it ready, I find it much easier with these 3rd party cables.
Anyway, that was my experience with the short time I used the original cable. But if one is happy with it, lovely, less money to spend! :thumbsup: I also read that 95% of people here couldn't stand the original tips for one reason or another and they just work perfectly for me. Sure, they have thin paper composition and you could destroy them, if not careful, when taking them out, but I love them.:dt880smile:
For me, with the memory wire, I have them shaped to my ears and I leave them like that. Then I hang the hook on my ear before inserting the IEM. Then I just angle the IEM forward just by a little bit, then as I insert, I twist it backward while pushing it in with my thumb. The twisting motion helps it seal really well and it also causes less of a pressure feeling. Then, when I wrap them up to store them, I carefully do the over-under method, then I carefully nestle one of the IEMs into the earhook of the other one so they lay flat, then I tuck them into the soft case.

I've had my IE 100 Pros in the soft case in my pocket with my keys for over a year now and they still work perfectly fine. I have a small scuff on the wire because I was doing some cable management on my desk and accidentally slid over the wire, rubbing it on the hardwood floor. Whoops!

Apr 16, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #710 of 738
I recently purchased the IE300 as a "test" for a possible future upgrade for the 600 or even the 900, despite having the idea that the 600 could be the "smarter" choice if considering bang for the buck.

I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the SQ considering the price. IMO, it performs better that the price suggests.

I was ready to upgrade the tips, but the stock middle one that came already mounted were just perfect! I had the Campfire Holocene before and with that type of IEM it was always a struggle regarding which tip to choose as to fit and stay put in my ears.

The Sennheiser are my first deeper in ear format and in all honesty, I'm much more into IEMs now! (Still prefer Headphones nevertheless :dt880smile: ).

What was a dreadful no-go, is the cable. Are you kidding Sennheiser?!!! And thinking that it also comes with the much expensier siblings is absolutely unacceptable in every sense. My left IEM piece wouldn't even make a good contact with the wire, had to fiddle with it constantly, the microphonic and memory cable is just a plain nightmare to "work" with. I was almost returning it, which desolated me because I was loving the Sennheiser for everything else.

So I ordered an inexpensive Tripowin cable (I read in the IE600 thread that these were direct fits without having to fiddle with the connections) and it worked without having to change anything. In my case I ordered the Linsoul Tripowin Zonie 16 Core one but there are tons out there in Amazon.

That changed the all experience to the next level! So happy now! For the current price (usually heavy discounts are in place) I believe this little IEM is a no brainer! But consider upgrading the cable as soon as possible and wait for it to arrive to order tips (in case you don't already have third party ones) because the stock ones may just fit you. I was even surprised because not even the large ones would seal my ears with other IEM´s but with the Sennheiser the medium one is just a lovely fit. I guess it is related to how this type of construction goes deeper into the ear canal and therefore interacts with the tip.

Cheers!IMG_1490.jpeg
Bought this exact cable, arrived yesterday. It joins into the IEM socket, without properly connecting, so it's very loose. Tried putting the IEM's into my ears a few times, sometimes it would stay connected, others not.

So for me, it's a fail.

May 11, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #711 of 738
For me, with the memory wire, I have them shaped to my ears and I leave them like that. Then I hang the hook on my ear before inserting the IEM. Then I just angle the IEM forward just by a little bit, then as I insert, I twist it backward while pushing it in with my thumb. The twisting motion helps it seal really well and it also causes less of a pressure feeling. Then, when I wrap them up to store them, I carefully do the over-under method, then I carefully nestle one of the IEMs into the earhook of the other one so they lay flat, then I tuck them into the soft case.

I've had my IE 100 Pros in the soft case in my pocket with my keys for over a year now and they still work perfectly fine. I have a small scuff on the wire because I was doing some cable management on my desk and accidentally slid over the wire, rubbing it on the hardwood floor. Whoops!
Got a picture of how you store them? I can never get these things to sit right in the case.

May 11, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #712 of 738
Got a picture of how you store them? I can never get these things to sit right in the case.
DAC1848F-249B-4369-9BEC-9451EA70E588.jpeg

I roadie wrap them with the chin slider all the way up to the ear hooks. Then I nestle the IEMs into each other as shown. Then I carefully slide them into the case exactly how you see here. Works for me.

Jun 5, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #713 of 738
Anyone have experience with ordering Refurbished items from Sennheiser? I ordered refurbished IE 300 because I really like the fit of the IE series, but the first time my bank declined my card, but the charge was still pending in my bank, but this morning it just disappeared, so I called the bank, had my card open for international purchases, and tried again. Now the $99.95 is still sitting pending and all I got from Sennheiser is an order confirmation. I've emailed them twice about if the order is actually accepted and they're working on shipping it.

I don't wanna miss out on this deal. $99.95 is a crazy deal for the IE 300 and they're a close sonic match to the IE 400 Pro, so I really want them just for the better fit. Come on Sennheiser, at least give me an update!

Jun 7, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #714 of 738
You guys. I ordered the IE 300 refurbished, then I thought it didn’t work because the pending charge disappeared, so I ordered another set. Then they shipped and charged me for both. I’m just gonna keep both of them hah. Guess I’ll have a backup pair. Maybe I’ll cut the collars off of one of them and put them on some true wireless adapters and leave the other ones stock hah. $99! What a great deal for IE 300.

Jun 9, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #715 of 738
AF0F898D-14C7-44F6-AF23-D155B2AA8881.jpeg

Got my IE 300s today. How come nobody talks about how nice this case is? Also, the stock cable is absolutely 100x worse than the 400 Pro cable so I attached the IE 200 cable to it. Not that I like the braided cable, but at least it’s not a tangled mess.

Also, if you have a keen eye, you may have noticed the ear tips look a little strange. Yeah, I replaced the stock ear tips with the Sennheiser IE Pro large as it fits and seals better.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #716 of 738
Hopefully nothing happens to my IE 400 Pros, but I got that 2 year warranty, so there's that.

If they ever stop working outside of the warranty, I'll just go back to IE 100 as they sound pretty damn good and they're cheap enough.
Welp, I was browsing this thread again and I came across this post I made about hoping nothing happens to my IE 400 pro. Well, back in February, I had to get them replaced under warranty because one side blew. I don’t even run them very loud.

Jun 10, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #717 of 738
AF0F898D-14C7-44F6-AF23-D155B2AA8881.jpeg
Got my IE 300s today. How come nobody talks about how nice this case is? Also, the stock cable is absolutely 100x worse than the 400 Pro cable so I attached the IE 200 cable to it. Not that I like the braided cable, but at least it’s not a tangled mess.

Also, if you have a keen eye, you may have noticed the ear tips look a little strange. Yeah, I replaced the stock ear tips with the Sennheiser IE Pro large as it fits and seals better.

Out of curiosity, do the IE Pro cables fit the IE300?

Jun 10, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #718 of 738
Out of curiosity, do the IE Pro cables fit the IE300?
I wish, but it's a completely different connector.

By the way, can silicone ear tips wear out? I put some brand new tips on my IE 300 and there's a lot more bass. They're the same tips I had on them before, but they're just brand new. Would cleaning them with soap and water have the same effect or should I just order another set of new tips? I use the IE Pro tips on all of my Sennheisers.

I have the IE 100 Pro, IE 200, IE 300 (x2), and IE 400 Pro.

Also, the IE 300 cable is absolutely the most stubborn cable I've ever had. It's kinda sticky so wrapping it is hard. I also tried hitting it with some heat to straighten it out and relax it like the IE Pro cables, but it didn't work. It's still all kinked up and wants to hold it's factory wrap shape. Such a shame.

Jun 10, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #719 of 738
I wish, but it's a completely different connector.

By the way, can silicone ear tips wear out? I put some brand new tips on my IE 300 and there's a lot more bass. They're the same tips I had on them before, but they're just brand new. Would cleaning them with soap and water have the same effect or should I just order another set of new tips? I use the IE Pro tips on all of my Sennheisers.

I have the IE 100 Pro, IE 200, IE 300 (x2), and IE 400 Pro.

Also, the IE 300 cable is absolutely the most stubborn cable I've ever had. It's kinda sticky so wrapping it is hard. I also tried hitting it with some heat to straighten it out and relax it like the IE Pro cables, but it didn't work. It's still all kinked up and wants to hold it's factory wrap shape. Such a shame.

I also use the IE Pro tips on my IE300 and IE600, but I haven't noticed any changes over time. I haven't changed them out though as they seem to be holding up well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back