Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements
Sep 30, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #377 of 738
So I received these an hour ago. All I gotta say is just wow. Coherent, natural, warm and pleasing sound with big thumping bass achieved with such tiny sized IEMs , it's just unbelievable.
I'm using regular Azla tips and I get a good seal and fit.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #378 of 738
So I received these an hour ago. All I gotta say is just wow. Coherent, natural, warm and pleasing sound with big thumping bass achieved with such tiny sized IEMs , it's just unbelievable.
I'm using regular Azla tips and I get a good seal and fit.
Congrats, they really are superb. Shoe-in for the best value mid-rier IEM around. Have you heard the IE 900?

Sep 30, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #379 of 738
Congrats, they really are superb. Shoe-in for the best value mid-rier IEM around. Have you heard the IE 900?
Thanks. I just can’t get past how tiny they are , its a bit worrying ,lol. I gotta say these must be the most surprising purchase in this hobby for me , in terms of price to performance.
I haven’t heard the bigger brother. I can’t only imagine how great they sound if these are any indication.

Sep 30, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #381 of 738
Thanks. I just can’t get past how tiny they are , its a bit worrying ,lol. I gotta say these must be the most surprising purchase in this hobby for me , in terms of price to performance.
I haven’t heard the bigger brother. I can’t only imagine how great they sound if these are any indication.
Yep, I came to the IE 300 the other way, having been blown off my feet how insanely good the IE 900 was. Made me sell my Fourte same week (and you know how much I loved Fourte). The IE 300 is its own quirky character, but so easy and smooth and punchy, and remarkably comfortable and unobtrusive, just like its big brother.

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #385 of 738
On sale today on Amazon for $250.00 USD
Link

Oct 6, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #386 of 738
Just received my IE300 today, testing several songs I regularly use on new headphones. So far I like them a lot, really a lot. After all the complaining I've heard about the ear hooks I was amazed to learn that you just put the earphones in your ears, then tuck the ear hooks behind them. You could always mix things up and do hooks first I suppose. I don't know if they changed tips but what I got came in a nice envelope and seem like good quality.

The sensitivity figure on these seems odd, I'm using a BTR5 and have the volume at about 40%. That is pretty high, the only other IEM I have that plays at that level is the Final E5000 and that has pretty low sensitivity.

Oct 6, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #387 of 738
Currently listening with Comply TSX-400 ear tips. They seem to be a bit more comfortable than the stock foam tips.

EDIT: First impression: compared to the stock tips it seems they indeed tame the treble a bit, which was the reason I‘ve ordered the version with wax guard.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #388 of 738
Well I've re-bought a set of IE300's (for the 3rd time) and the 4.4mm balanced cable. They're staying. Also bought the Shure Aonic 3's to sit alongside with the Sennheiser 3.5mm cable (from the IE300).

The IE300's are fun, end of story. They draw you into the music and make you want to listen. That's what matters. Forget all other metrics.

The Aonic 3's I use when some tracks are too bass heavy or if I want to concentrate and pick out details. Well tuned IEM's, incredibly close to the 5's.

All in all I think they work well together and I'm happy for now (with incoming Jabra Elite 7 Active's for work/running, etc).

I've come back to the IE300's three times now, and the Fiio FA1 three times (Aonic 3's I thought would be better keepers). Single driver IEM's sit well with me so it's been a long and expensive lesson but worth it. Single drivers only for me going forward.

Can't bring myself to the IE900's at the moment but IF there's an IE600 in the midst I'm sure that'll pique my interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back