Sennheiser IE200 Pre-Orders and Our First IE200 Reviews from DMS Are Live!
May 6, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #61 of 70
I have the ie300, ie600 and ie900 and yet I still ordered the ie200. They should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Maybe they can be a pair I travel with as I’m not taking the ie600 or ie900 with me when I’m on a plane or taking a vacation.

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #62 of 70
I have the ie300, ie600 and ie900 and yet I still ordered the ie200. They should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Maybe they can be a pair I travel with as I’m not taking the ie600 or ie900 with me when I’m on a plane or taking a vacation.
They need to make a new IE 300 with just black or some other colors instead of the speckles.

Also, I wish the IE 600 were smooth and didn’t have the rough texture.

May 7, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #63 of 70
They need to make a new IE 300 with just black or some other colors instead of the speckles.

Also, I wish the IE 600 were smooth and didn’t have the rough texture.
I actually dug the speckles. That they look pretty unique. With so many headphones doing just all black, it’s nice to have some sort of variety or something that makes them look unique. I get that it’s not for everybody but it’s something that I like. On the IE 900 I really like the ridges from the machining, for example. I think the look of the ie600 is also very interesting. I like that each of them have their own personality.

May 7, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #64 of 70
I actually dug the speckles. That they look pretty unique. With so many headphones doing just all black, it’s nice to have some sort of variety or something that makes them look unique. I get that it’s not for everybody but it’s something that I like. On the IE 900 I really like the ridges from the machining, for example. I think the look of the ie600 is also very interesting. I like that each of them have their own personality.
Well, they could keep the speckles, but it would be cool if they had multiple colors/designs like they do with the pro series. They have black, clear or red.

May 7, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #65 of 70
Thought a few folk in here might be interested in the latest Darko podcast where he talks to Sennheiser product manager for audiophile products, Jermo Kohnke, regarding the similarities/differences between IE 900/600/300/200

Darko podcast here

May 7, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #66 of 70
Well, they could keep the speckles, but it would be cool if they had multiple colors/designs like they do with the pro series. They have black, clear or red.

Oh that would be cool. I’d totally get a red pair.

Got the 200s about half an hour ago. REALLY impressed by the clarity on tracks like New Cydonia (Alternate version) by Starcadian, and the bass on tracks like This is my land by Gary Clark Jr.

Gonna see how they feel for the next few days and how I like them.

REALLY wish they came with a hard case like the 300, 600, and 900 series.

May 7, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #67 of 70
Oh that would be cool. I’d totally get a red pair.

Got the 200s about half an hour ago. REALLY impressed by the clarity on tracks like New Cydonia (Alternate version) by Starcadian, and the bass on tracks like This is my land by Gary Clark Jr.

Gonna see how they feel for the next few days and how I like them.

REALLY wish they came with a hard case like the 300, 600, and 900 series.
Honestly, I've been carrying around my IE 100 Pro in the soft pouch in my pocket with my keys for over a year now. They're still in perfect condition. I wouldn't worry.

Aug 6, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #68 of 70
Anyone know if the foam inside the eartip itself is part of the tuning? Is it ok to change tips on this one? The question aplied to any other sennheiser in-ear too.

Aug 6, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #69 of 70
Anyone know if the foam inside the eartip itself is part of the tuning? Is it ok to change tips on this one? The question aplied to any other sennheiser in-ear too.
All materials have an acoustic impact, some more than others--tip material, mass, density, porousness etc. If you're referring to foam wax guards in our in-ears, they are on the minimal (and negligible for most) side of things. Unless they are clogged, get out of the way.

It's totally ok to change ear tips and cables, and for most folks here, it is expected to do some experimentation. Have fun and enjoy the process!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Dec 21, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #70 of 70
Got my Sennheiser IE200 today, as a part of a birthday gift before Christmas.

First impression, very impressive sound from my phone or laptop with Tidal, the phone is best with Dragonfly black 1.5 even if my Sony Xperia 1III has a jack.

I wish L and R was marked better with colours.
Edit it has colours red and blue.

17030891250142279960982915527085.thumb.jpg.8364e01604707535bc7e065a1345da6a.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back