Sennheiser IE-8 opinions?
Oct 24, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 35
I don't think there are any reviews on the IE6, 7, or 8.

They seem a little over-priced to me...

Oct 24, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 35
I've ordered a pair - they're due in tomorrow...

...in the UK, they are priced the same as the Sony EX700, so - I'll be doing a comparison
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've ordered a pair - they're due in tomorrow...

...in the UK, they are priced the same as the Sony EX700, so - I'll be doing a comparison
smily_headphones1.gif

Awesome. I hope they are worth the price...

Just found this at CNET's Crave blog.

Here's the snippet from that page regarding short impressions of sonic qualities:
Quote:

Each model has been tuned with an emphasis on powerful bass, as is the Sennheiser way. But the flagship IE 8s offer something unique: they come with a tiny screwdriver so you can physically alter the shape of the diaphragm inside the earphone in order to tune bass more to your liking.

That's something we admitted to Sennheiser we'd have to test (the environment we played with these in wasn't exactly quiet), but our first impressions with some Ingrid Michaelson and a touch of Decapitated, was that they offer a warm voice, heavy on the bass -- without appearing too boomy, mind -- and a subtle, less-than-sparkling treble.

Oct 24, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #6 of 35
Their price does suggest a new top-end IEM competitor. Look forward to hearing impressions....

Oct 25, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Please do, I am very interested in knowing how well IE8 compared to EX700. Thanks.

Oct 25, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #8 of 35
Aren't the IE8's about double the price of a pair of EX700s? I am also hoping to hear more about the IE 8's
biggrin.gif
Especially now hearing that the screw adjusts the actual diaphragm... VERY interesting
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #11 of 35
Incredibly early opinions (only been with me for 10 minutes)... The fit kit is awesome, quite possibly the most comprehensive choice of any IEM (certainly that I've seen!) - The bass tuning is definitely different.. I thought it would be very gimmicky, but - it is VERY functional... Non burnt in sound is airy, very open... Isolation is good... Virtually no microphonics... So far mostly thumbs up
smily_headphones1.gif
- better impressions will come in when these have a few hours on the clock...

Oct 25, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Incredibly early opinions (only been with me for 10 minutes)... The fit kit is awesome, quite possibly the most comprehensive choice of any IEM (certainly that I've seen!) - The bass tuning is definitely different.. I thought it would be very gimmicky, but - it is VERY functional... Non burnt in sound is airy, very open... Isolation is good... Virtually no microphonics... So far mostly thumbs up
smily_headphones1.gif
- better impressions will come in when these have a few hours on the clock...

Nice (VERY) early impressions and thanks for sharing them!
smily_headphones1.gif
Look forward to more impressions and/or conclusions as you spend more time with them...

Oct 25, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #13 of 35
Curious to its sound too, so i'm looking for more impressions!

Oct 25, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #14 of 35
Is this a balanced armature design or does it have a dynamic driver?
If it's armature based, it won't get any better due to burn-in.
But I'm very interested in a extended review!

Oct 25, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #15 of 35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back