Sennheiser IE-8 opinions?
Oct 25, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #16 of 35
Haha, i doubt it. How do they fit two drivers in?

Oct 25, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljcii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, i doubt it. How do they fit two drivers in?

redface.gif
My ignorance is shown lol. I don't really know anything about dynamic drivers and have no current experience with them- I was simply goin off the description given from the site in the link I provided that mentioned drivers ie plural (must mean one per phone). I'm guessin they're large then?

Oct 25, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #18 of 35
i don't really know too, i can't access that web, it takes years to load. But dynamic drivers are those kind that you find in speakers.
How do they fit two of those into a casing, thought it was impossible.

Oct 25, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How dark is it? Is it darker than the UM2?

Darker that the night
devil_face.gif

But that would be some high-tech German engineering, fitting two dynamic drivers per earpiece. Well.. that sure would pump up the competition!

Oct 25, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #22 of 35
I can't answer as to whether there are two dynamic drivers per housing (I doubt it, but - can't completely rule it out I suppose)... Having listened further, these will almost definitely be a FOTM when they go on sale in the US... They redefine the balance between dynamic and armature IEMs...
biggrin.gif

I'll be more concise later...

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #23 of 35
These are the I8s you are testing, right?

Oct 25, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dynamic, I think two drivers.

Very unlikely. You are right that they are most likely referring to one transducer per side, hence the plural.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darker that the night
devil_face.gif

But that would be some high-tech German engineering, fitting two dynamic drivers per earpiece. Well.. that sure would pump up the competition!

Technics, now Panasonic, had made dual drives earbuds more than ten years ago. Google RP-HV100.

Oct 25, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are the I8s you are testing, right?

IE8, yes
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #26 of 35
I read on their website and i saw on the accesories that they seem to provide tons and tons of tips. Are there like 30 over tips for you to choose? that's simply crazy.

Oct 26, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljcii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read on their website and i saw on the accesories that they seem to provide tons and tons of tips. Are there like 30 over tips for you to choose? that's simply crazy.

There are 10 different types / sizes to choose from enclosed... so, more than enough to keep most people happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are 10 different types / sizes to choose from enclosed... so, more than enough to keep most people happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Thats loads! A lot to tinker with
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back