Sennheiser Headphones@ philippines
Aug 20, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #106 of 119
hi all pinoy kabayans.im new on this forum,though ive been reading,taking notes and has been succesful in my search on this awesome site.anyway,any members in the bergenfield n.j. area by any chance? thanks.

Jan 17, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #107 of 119
Hey All!

Also a new Filipino member. Nice to see you all!

I was just thinking, there are a ton of electricians in Manila. Would it be hard to get one of them to custom a HP amp using the designs found online? There are a ton of them available. Is it hard to get parts or whatnot?

I know of one guy who makes tube amps, he's a local artist who runs a gallery in Bangkal called The Blue Room, near Evangelista, Makati. They even look beautiful, with nice woodworking. Maybe I could ask him.

I'd be happy with a cheap cmoy at this point though.
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #108 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey All!

Also a new Filipino member. Nice to see you all!

I was just thinking, there are a ton of electricians in Manila. Would it be hard to get one of them to custom a HP amp using the designs found online? There are a ton of them available. Is it hard to get parts or whatnot?

I know of one guy who makes tube amps, he's a local artist who runs a gallery in Bangkal called The Blue Room, near Evangelista, Makati. They even look beautiful, with nice woodworking. Maybe I could ask him.

I'd be happy with a cheap cmoy at this point though.
biggrin.gif

Hey! you got me curious about the tube amps! hehe is it possible to contact and or see that guys work?

Not sure about the making of a portable amp but I almost feel like learning how to make them and sell them myself hehehe, it's hard to get some places and might be worth doing
wink.gif

welcome to the forum!

Jan 17, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #109 of 119
Hi Fallen

Welcome to the Forum...

If your looking for an diy tube headamp.. take a look at the Bijou at headwize.. I'm also planning to build one myself which i think its a very nice amp..

btw if you dont know it yet, please drop by at wiredstate.com . there are alot of head-fiers there.. hehe

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #110 of 119
Thanks for the welcome, all!

Hey Rickio. As to the guy who makes amps, (though not HP amps that I can tell) if you're in Manila, it's still kinda hard to find his art gallery. It's sort of an art/handmade furniture gallery actually, where he also sells his amps and old records.

Um. Head southbound on South Super Highway from pasay road. Just before you hit the magallanes interchange, there will be a building on the right called makati view apartelle. Turn right on the corner of the buidling. There's a great, tiny family run resto called Fat Michael's that I highly recommend on the first corner. Pass Fat Michaels and look to the left. On the next corner, you should see some interesting wood furniture on the left, and a tiny sign, hopefully, that says the blue room.

The owner/proprietor is apparently a somewhat reknowned artist, though I'm illiterate when it comes to art stuff.

He's great to talk to also. Very knowledgeable about audio and and whatnot, though I wasn't a headfi-er when I met him a few years ago, so I didn't have the language to talk to him. His gallery is also a great place for a Philippine Head-Fi meet if anyone would be interested to set one up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #111 of 119
Jan 18, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #112 of 119
Does this thread mean I just missed a Jan 5 meet??!

Didn't know there was a pinoy meet.
frown.gif

I can't get into wired state as well, like someone else mentioned earlier. I signed up, waiting for my confirmation email. never happened.

oh well. next time. will keep checking the philippine mini meet thread.

Feb 17, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #114 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the welcome, all!

Hey Rickio. As to the guy who makes amps, (though not HP amps that I can tell) if you're in Manila, it's still kinda hard to find his art gallery. It's sort of an art/handmade furniture gallery actually, where he also sells his amps and old records.

Um. Head southbound on South Super Highway from pasay road. Just before you hit the magallanes interchange, there will be a building on the right called makati view apartelle. Turn right on the corner of the buidling. There's a great, tiny family run resto called Fat Michael's that I highly recommend on the first corner. Pass Fat Michaels and look to the left. On the next corner, you should see some interesting wood furniture on the left, and a tiny sign, hopefully, that says the blue room.

The owner/proprietor is apparently a somewhat reknowned artist, though I'm illiterate when it comes to art stuff.

He's great to talk to also. Very knowledgeable about audio and and whatnot, though I wasn't a headfi-er when I met him a few years ago, so I didn't have the language to talk to him. His gallery is also a great place for a Philippine Head-Fi meet if anyone would be interested to set one up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi.....this is my first post here. I've been lurking for quite awhile and had no previous plans to join this forum. However, I was surprised to see quite a number of pinoys in here....and the post above caused me to break my silence.....Why? Because I live in the vicinity of the area described above.

Fallen, do you know a number of the electricians here? Do you also meet with other audio enthusiasts in this area? I'm in my late 40's, and I consider myself to be a semi-retired audiophile. I was more into it during the late 80's to early 90's (a great period for audio) when I was still living in CA. After I moved back to Manila, my enthusiasm eventually dropped due to the frustration with the lack of choices for audio equipment here. Buti nalang the internet made our world a bit smaller.....I don't need to hear where to find good equipment in Manila, cuz I've seen 'em. The audiophile community here is generally small, and chances are that I may even know one or more of you who post here or at wired state...But really, I'm not the type who participates in forums for certain reasons....but I'd be interested to meet a few audio enthusiasts (and other music lovers...esp. jazz) if/when there's a chance. I see that this thread has been inactive as of late, but pls. keep us posted here if possible.

Btw, I also recommend Fat Michael's resto for anyone who may be in the Bangkal area. Nice folks, cool ambiance, good food, and occasionally-hip sounds. For those who like the kind of music found on our local airwaves, please disregard this recommendation......(just kidding!).

Feb 17, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #115 of 119
Hi to all kabayan here. Its nice I found this thread with fellow filipino headfiers hangi'n.

Keep it coming!

Jun 1, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #116 of 119
Hi everyone! Where can I find KSC75's? Or pre-owned senns?

May 10, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #117 of 119
Hi. Pinay here. =)

Where do you go for headphone repairs? My PX200 is broken. Im stuck with SR80 which isnt really practical to use in a public transportation. Any legit repair shops in Manila?

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #118 of 119
good day! newbie here. just wondering if you know someone or somewhere here in the Philippines to whom/where I can sell my Sennheiser PX 200, brand new. Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back