Sennheiser Headphones@ philippines
Apr 24, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #31 of 119
Very glad to see this thread and other fellow countrymen. Im opting for a Sennheiser headphone both for my dap and computer. So far, these are the only ones Ive seen. Please tell me your opinion on these:

1. MX series - earbuds are great for sharing, but only has average reviews
2. PX 100 - seems highly recommended, portable and all
3. HD series - closed headphones... streestyle?

Apr 24, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #32 of 119
yes i have a relative in the states and he usually collects all our requests, then sends it in a big box for cheaper shipping.

well my brother and i only have a sa5k and a hd595. i personally want to try out a real headphone amp to go with our cans. any amp out there??
580smile.gif

yama, my brother personally has a px100 and a pxc300 and both sounds great as compared to my sony iem. the pxc is a bit pricey though and not really cost effective unless you travel alot.

Apr 24, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #33 of 119
yama,

i've heard the PX100s, very strong bass directly out of an ipod 5G. although sometimes it makes vocals almost disappear bec its too strong, would have to EQ a bit.

i have the mx550... weak bass, a bit harsh sounding. if i knew better before, i would not have bought these and went with px100 straight away.

havent heard the HD lineup... but if you are going for the hig end HD, everyone here says you need a good amp

Apr 25, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #34 of 119
Tnx for your comments. It seems the PX100 has impressed almost anyone, so I guess I have to hear them for myself.

Another question though; where can I find some IEMs? The only canalphones Ive found are the W800 earphones... eeeww, sony ericsson. Does anyone know where I can find CX?

Again, I appreciate the replies.

Apr 25, 2006 at 3:15 PM Post #35 of 119
this last weekend i saw a e2c and e3c in megamall at the top floor. i dont remember the name of the shop though. it sells mainly pro audio stuffs(industrial rather than audiophile)

Apr 25, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #36 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yama
Tnx for your comments. It seems the PX100 has impressed almost anyone, so I guess I have to hear them for myself.

Another question though; where can I find some IEMs? The only canalphones Ive found are the W800 earphones... eeeww, sony ericsson. Does anyone know where I can find CX?

Again, I appreciate the replies.

from what i hear the CX300 will be locally priced at P4950!
eek.gif
good thing i was able to purchase 2 sets from an online store that ship to the phils. unfortunately theyre out of stock already for the longest time

if youre on a budget, better get an ep630 instead since they almost have the same sound signature.
if you cant find an online store that will ship to the phils, you can avail of e-2-door.com services (theyre in makati). they will buy the item for you and will ship it to your doorstep. i spent around P2200 when i asked them to buy my creative ep630 from amazon.com

Apr 27, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #38 of 119
Got my Altec IM716 at Spectra, Park Square I, Makati. Saw Philips IEMs too but couldn't try it. Saw JVC iems at their Pasay Rd showroom. haven't seen them in stores though.

When is the CX300 coming out here in Manila?

I built a SET tube headphone amp over Holyweek and it just woke up the IM716 big time. Great attack and dynamics. Lush fluid mids, deep fat bass and smooth highs.

Click my link below for pics.

Apr 27, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #39 of 119
[choriwap]hd650s are on order basis price is like 25k. way too expensive if you ask me. apparently, these can be had for 300usd shipped in america. to give you of an idea of sound, i actually got to audition a pair of hd600s in a bpi madness sale in glorietta. but still, it too is overpriced at 19k.(ouch)

[gino], nice amp
etysmile.gif
where did you get the parts??? i personally am interested on making my own m cubed.

Apr 28, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #41 of 119
yeah, its too expensive here...

i'll be flying to singapore in three weeks so i'll just buy them there... theyre 600 SGD from what i read, around 18 - 19K pesos. still a bit more expensive thatn US, but more convenient, less risky plus warranty available.

Senn offers international warranty right? so even if i buy it in sing, i can have them fixed/replaced in manila?

i'll be travelling light so i have room to spare, anybody want any 'phones from sing? you can check out whats available over at sgheadphone. K701 anyone? All i ask is that i get to try them out after you burn them in
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks!

Apr 28, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #42 of 119
Hi to all you filipinos in Head-fi

I'm a filipino myself I was born in Cavite and now I'm in Australia. I only really got into headphones about 6 months ago when i purchased my E4C. I used to think that Sony EX70s were the holy grail
confused.gif
Man i was wrong. Glad to see there are some filipinos that are into headphones like I am.

Apr 28, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #43 of 119
Even if Sennheiser has international warranty, no one in Manila can repair it. MGM is more a distributor than anything else. Several crumbled px100 foams had to be ordered abroad by their respective owners.

Apr 28, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #44 of 119
Mabuhay. I've got Filipino blood in me, but I've been in America all my life. I'm leaving for Manila in a few weeks, however, for the summer. Taking a break from school. What I'm not looking foward to is the plane ride. DFW to Seoul to Manila.

Will have on me, a D-465, extra set of AA's, Twinstarr Blue, extra 9v, HD580, CD wallet (Jim Croce, some Schubert, George Straight, Groove Armada, Tim Buckley, Imogen Heap, Fort Minor, Santana..etc), a Biochemistry textbook, and a laptop all stuffed into my backpack.
580smile.gif

Apr 28, 2006 at 8:49 AM Post #45 of 119
Just dropping by to say hello to all you filipino head-fiers. I was born here in the states and the last time I visited the PI was back in 1988. I had a blast over there and can't wait to go back next year after I graduate from nursing school. Can someone send me some San Mig?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back