Sennheiser HE60/HEV70 eBay Auction
May 9, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #16 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears
I've bought mine for less than 350 USD a few years ago. All over 500 USD is overpriced. Average headphones with much air but without any fun. Chemical clean but lifeless. Lifeless as Grado HP-1, Hp-2 and HP-3.

You are definitely using the wrong amp. The HEV70 is among those that I classify as the wrong amp.

May 10, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #17 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé
You're welcome.
biggrin.gif
Hope one of us Head-fiers gets this... *Shakes a red flag*

Yes, yes. The "I can't afford them myself, so why not have some fun" kind of thinking.

Unbelievable.
rolleyes.gif

May 10, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #18 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears
I've bought mine for less than 350 USD a few years ago. All over 500 USD is overpriced. Average headphones with much air but without any fun.

350?

thats a pretty good deal, considering that a hd650 alone sells for that much.

May 10, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #22 of 64
There is a lot of rotation of gear here in Head-Fi and most Headfiers are hobby enthusiasts that are looking for retrieving costs instead of making profit.

They try the gear and if it is not what they want they use to sell it at same or similar price, specially if the original selling price was public in a thread like these heads-up ones.

The more gear is own by head-fiers the best for all of us.

Besides, they help us to identify people with similar interests that promotes communication in order to share hints, clues and important information.

Carl, I owe you a PM.
orphsmile.gif

May 10, 2006 at 7:33 AM Post #23 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
You are definitely using the wrong amp. The HEV70 is among those that I classify as the wrong amp.

Worst left to right separation I've ever heard was with an HEV70. Was like adding un-crossfeed.

-Ed

May 10, 2006 at 7:49 AM Post #24 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Worst left to right separation I've ever heard was with an HEV70. Was like adding un-crossfeed.

-Ed

Same here. It was similar to that feeling you get when you are listening to some Beatle recordings through headphones, only worse and with every single recording.
mad.gif

However after playing music (not only having it ON) for 3-4 hours the sound is more than decent. Besides sometimes the channel separation is almost not there from the very beginning while sometimes is unbearable. That HEV70 is a mistery (at least mine). Sometimes (after a few hours) it's very very good, specially for its small footprint (Laptop-MiniDacUSB-HEV70-HE60 can be an amazing office setup if you can afford to have a open one), but sometimes it just doesn't "work".
confused.gif

May 10, 2006 at 7:53 AM Post #25 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad
Carl, I owe you a PM.
orphsmile.gif

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood

Never noticed that myself. The only crippling problem I've found with it is the severe, crippling anaemicness of it.

May 10, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #26 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
Yes, yes. The "I can't afford them myself, so why not have some fun" kind of thinking.

Unbelievable.
rolleyes.gif

confused.gif
Yep... I really only posted this thread so I can have some fun.
Have you ever met a 14 year old who's been able to afford a pair of Sennheiser HE60's? (Also being generally interested in headphones and sound reproduction...) - I only posted the link in the intention of others benefiting from it. Unless I've misread your post in some way, I don't really get it.
Sorry to keep bringing this post to the top.

May 10, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #27 of 64
You guys really need to try the HE60 out of something other than the HEV70! The HEV70 is poops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back