Sennheiser HE60/HEV70 eBay Auction
May 12, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #46 of 64
I agree with superman's ears and nomad. I'm very thankful for those that post the ebay links here.

I'm really busy most of the school year studying, and I don't have time to scour ebay everyday not to mention ebays auto-notify only half works
rolleyes.gif

May 12, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #48 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Let's just agree to disagree. We all have different opinions, so butting heads over them isn't going to get us anywhere.

Well I'm 22, but that's a bit higher. Certainly there are a lot of kids in the world who own Bose QC2s (poor kids), and they don't cost that much less in the scheme of things.

But for the price the HE60/HEV70 are going for just now... £500+ And take into consideration a new amp instead of the HEV70, which many of you have stated you dislike.
The Bose QC2's are going for around £230(ish). I think that is a large enough price gap to a 14, who doesn't have a proper job.

May 12, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #49 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé
But for the price the HE60/HEV70 are going for just now... £500+ And take into consideration a new amp instead of the HEV70, which many of you have stated you dislike.
The Bose QC2's are going for around £230(ish). I think that is a large enough price gap to a 14, who doesn't have a proper job.

You can quite happily use the HEV70 long term if you need to.

Everything is expensive if you don't have a proper job, except for the select few who can ask their parents for things.

May 12, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #50 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by _LN_
No problem, Nomad. And, like Carl said, let's just agree to disagree.
Anyway, because nobody posted a link to it, I managed to win an auction for Audio-Technica ATH-7 electrets from a UK seller, for GBP7.50... Shipping at GBP10.50 was actually more expensive than the phones themselves.
580smile.gif

They arrived in only 2 days, and seem OK, although there's a slight imbalance, which, as I understand it, isn't a good sign. But it's a fun and affordable way to get acquainted with electrets/electrostatics.

Ellen

If I was the seller I would be pissed off by the ebay system, a dutch site like "marktplaats" isn't that hefty with 'laws' and 'what you offer is what you sell', just like the 'if you bid and win you have to pay up!'. I know why they did it on ebay but this is one of the examples why I don't like ebay. €11,- for what ever headphone is ... a very very good deal!! (if you're the buyer).

totally OT: how do they sound, do you like the electretsound?

May 13, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #52 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
Speaking of sellers being pissed off with the ebay system,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Stax-S...QQcmdZViewItem

I'd be mightily pissed off if someone bought my SR-007 for a mere $200 shipped xD not sure whether this warrants a new thread, since I'm sure most of the stax hunters here have already seen it =P

1.) From China
2.) 1.Bank wire transfer. 2.Western Union money transfer.
3.) 0 Feedback!

Otherwise, good buy
frown.gif
. Damn.. haha.

May 13, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #55 of 64
Definitely a fraud...I would stay away. I saw several Grado RS-1s w/ "buy it now" price of 150 bucks from China. They only accept wire transfer.

May 13, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #56 of 64
That guy's got a whole bunch of rare audio gear up, including some Stax ESLs. No feedback, copy/paste listings...

The guy isn't even trying. Or either that, or it's his first try. Whatever the case, at least he's got good taste in stuff to pretend he has.

May 13, 2006 at 11:01 AM Post #57 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by arielext
totally OT: how do they sound, do you like the electretsound?

As well as the ATH-7 off eBay, I got a Stax SR-34 set off Marktplaats, for slightly more than the ATH-7 shipped. The Stax sounds more brilliant, even a bit metallic at times, whereas the AT has more punchy bass. A good example of this difference is "Private Investigations" on Dire Straits' "Alchemy" live album -- Knopfler's guitar sounds absolutely wonderful on the Stax, very vivid and brilliant, but his voice sounds more natural on the AT. Also, the bass has much more presence and "oomph" on the AT. And the AT is very comfortable to wear, unlike the vice grip of the Stax!
I don't have a clear preference for either cans, though -- I guess it depends on the music... And I may even prefer my ancient Sennheiser HD560 overall...

[edit] BTW, the Stax exhibited the same slight imbalance as the AT -- turned out it was the amp's balance setting!
smily_headphones1.gif
I hadn't noticed it before, because its regular headphone out wasn't affected by this setting.

Ellen

May 14, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #58 of 64
I can't be but very surprised by the lack of logic of those preaching "altruism".

Posting information about ebay AUCTIONS (as opposed to BUY IT NOW sales) gives a clear permanent advantage to rich head-fiers and a clear permanent handicap to the less rich head-fiers (who are trying to compensate the lack of money by continuous searching for a nice deal).

The efforts of the head-fiers of the latter category are instantly destroyed by an "altruist" heads-up on the forum.

The logical consequence of this kind of misunderstood "altruism"? All ebay auctions on interesting items will be won by rich head-fiers, while poorer head-fiers will never get the smallest chance to win.

Hence a harsh
rolleyes.gif
for those who persist (and are moreover proud to do so!) in this "altruist" logic.

May 14, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #59 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
I can't be but very surprised by the lack of logic of those preaching "altruism".

Posting information about ebay AUCTIONS (as opposed to BUY IT NOW sales) gives a clear permanent advantage to rich head-fiers and a clear permanent handicap to the less rich head-fiers (who are trying to compensate the lack of money by continuous searching for a nice deal).

The efforts of the head-fiers of the latter category are instantly destroyed by an "altruist" heads-up on the forum.

The logical consequence of this kind of misunderstood "altruism"? All ebay auctions on interesting items will be won by rich head-fiers, while poorer head-fiers will never get the smallest chance to win.

Hence a harsh
rolleyes.gif
for those who persist (and are moreover proud to do so!) in this "altruist" logic.

Greenhorn,

You are supposing that there will be ALWAYS a "poor" head-fier who will be aware of EVERY good deal on EVERY ebay site. That is just plain wrong.

I don't really want to enter the discussion of what is fair-unfair... but your rich-poor approach is quite simplistic and demagogic. And if you ask me, perhaps somebody who is willing to eat ramen for a couple of months in order to get a headphone deserves it more than somebody else that is not willing to do that.

Money is important (I'm not that naive) so they are priorities. I know of head-fiers that have nice cans but no TV, video or some other things most people would have.

So bearing in mind that we don't live in a perfect world, I just prefer to leave that issue behind and to concentrate on the fact of sharing information among our friends around here. To my ears, to share information sounds much better than to try to ban this approach and to try to sanctify the fact of hiding information just in order to avoid a possible side-effect due to the imperfect world in where we live.

If you don't want to share information is fine by me, but to make feel good people guilty is a bit different. If to share information is so bad perhaps some financial circles instead of internet forums are more suitable for you.

Perhaps I've been a bit harsh in my last paragraph but if we go this way... what will be next? To steal cans to the rich to give them to the poor?

I really see your point and I can agree with you to certain extent, but at the end of the day most of the time we are talking about amounts of money where priorities and not absolute income is the key factor. And it kind of make sense for people who really have headphones as one of their top priorities to get them. And I think that kind of passionate people would appreciate these heads-up.

Anyway... as wiser people than you and I (Carl & Ellen) said before let's just agree to disagree.

PS: Nice to see your cans didn't have that imbalance, Ellen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back