SENNHEISER HD880............
Mar 27, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #16 of 26
This could have all been avoided if that guy had been a better reporter... now I wonder how far this will really escalate!
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See if Fatman 117 can make you a leather headband with 'Beyerheiser' stitched into it that will fit over the headband!

Are we just carrying on the misrepresenting theme here? It's actually Fatman 711, so it's funny that you posted it as 117 in this particular thread.

Those HD 880s are an enigma indeed. They transcend the DT880 IMO, and keep the best qualities of those phones, but with better treble, better bass, better mids and a smoothness that isn't heard on the Beyer. They sounded absolutely incredible on my old dual Darkvoice setup. And as Scott said they're as comfortable a phone as you're likely to find as well.

Fatman 711 is making me a custom band for my Chocolate Donuts (I love the look of his bands!), and I think having him make you one for the Beyerheisers is a great idea.

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #20 of 26
Sounds quite interesting, maybe someday I'll get a chance to hear em
biggrin.gif

and this computer, is not liking opera, or something..i type like a whole sentence, then it plays catchup and displyas it really fast.

Mar 29, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #21 of 26
Ugh, why would you use opera? Firefox and Safari are much better. Even IE 7 is better than Opera.

Mar 29, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #23 of 26
He shoulda capitalized the O. I thought he meant the genre of music at first.
tongue.gif

In which case I'd have to say, I've never heard of such a picky PC.

Mar 29, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #24 of 26
IDK, of all the ones I've used, if you have a slower computer, safari and firefox are your way to go. If you have a good computer, than IE 7 is perfect. Too bad IE 7 takes up so much system resource.

Jan 1, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #25 of 26
I just saw the article talking about Steve Guttenberg listening to Sennheiser HD880 headphones over a Shanling PH3000 amp and I nearly flipped out! When I googled for Sennheiser HD880 I got links to the Cnet article and links to this thread. Its the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. It sure had me going.

Love the Dark Knights! Are you saying you used actual paint on those AKG k701s? I would be afraid paint might color (pardon the expression) the sound. In my experience, from computer case modding, something like vinyl dye would be a better choice for recoloring plastics. It soaks in so it cant chip off or build up on the outside of the cans.

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn nice job on those "Dark Knights"!!
Those AKG k701s have never looked better.
Beyerheiser
biggrin.gif

the K702 had a paint job that's black.

LOL at this thread, I think Warrior05 is goig to get a little popularity. The fact this is released on Cnet.com, and the reporter said it was a Sennheiser, is sure to raise a few eyebrows. Maybe the Beyerheiser might become popular this year lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back