Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled!
Oct 28, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #676 of 6,504
... and everybody is back to "sennheiher please take at least $2000 from my wallet".
I wonder how much of that is a coordinayed "attack of the clones" and how much is pure humanity. Not that there are major diffs between those scenarios: both are pretty hopeless and based on the same human quality .. that one who is truly limitless.

Anyway. Here's my guess-the-price entry: $8399.95. I'm pretty sure I'll win :D

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #677 of 6,504
That joke attempt of unnecessarily bundling TWO cables with it is one factor to mask a noticably higher price. 

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #678 of 6,504
Well, no sense in hanging out in this thread (chat room) until next year then. I thought it would be coming out soon. C Ya. 
+1
Don't even want to think of how much battery life I've wasted on my phone in the last few days reading the same comments repeated over and over. I'm excited too guys but let's all just wait and see what will be revealed at CES (in all likelyhood). Officially unsubscribed.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #679 of 6,504
It is pretty obvious that Senn wants to sell the headphone with their amp. Just look at how the new amp was discussed simultaneously with the new cans. So they need to provide a balanced cable since that is an important part of getting the best out of the amp. But if they don't include an unbalanced cable that would be lousy for most other buyers. Having options with both or either one of the cables as well is a distribution nightmare and would slightly raise their costs. 

The hd800 is insanely successful, that is why Senn is doing an update. At the same time, it is true that they would expect a significant portion of sales on the HD800s to be from current HD800 owners. That means they probably won't price this headphone too high, but we will see soon enough. Anyway, kudos to Senn (& beyerdynamic) for making a world class headphones at far from the crazy prices we see from a few other manufacturers...

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #680 of 6,504
+1
Don't even want to think of how much battery life I've wasted on my phone in the last few days reading the same comments repeated over and over. I'm excited too guys but let's all just wait and see what will be revealed at CES (in all likelyhood). Officially unsubscribed.

Yeah true that. I've already decided what I'm doing and if the HD800S comes out we'll see what the price is. I see a lot of pessimism about it in the community which doesn't help things much.

Buuutttt I need a headphone like right now and I'm going with the X2, DT880, or HD600 (prob X2) and Q701.

As for this, only speculation can come out right now and that's exactly what's going on. Everyone's scrambling and making guesses and then arguing about their guesses and it's stupid.

We'll see what happens. Nothing else to be said about it. Think I'm unsubbing for now, we'll see the "impressions" thread when it comes about. That's where the good discussion will be. This is just an announcement that there "will be an HD800S sometime in the future", and therefore there's not really much to add to that.

Btw, Head-Fi on your phone? Sheesh... I like the site but not enough to use it from a phone, heh. Besides, mine's too small for browsing in any comfortable way, well except on AlienBlue (Reddit).

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #681 of 6,504

Yeah true that. I've already decided what I'm doing and if the HD800S comes out we'll see what the price is. I see a lot of pessimism about it in the community which doesn't help things much.

Buuutttt I need a headphone like right now and I'm going with the X2 or HD600 (prob X2) and Q701.

As for this, only speculation can come out right now and that's exactly what's going on. Everyone's scrambling and making guesses and then arguing about their guesses and it's stupid.

We'll see what happens. Nothing else to be said about it. Think I'm unsubbing for now, we'll see the "impressions" thread when it comes about.

Go for the HD600....

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #682 of 6,504
... and everybody is back to "sennheiher please take at least $2000 from my wallet".
I wonder how much of that is a coordinayed "attack of the clones" and how much is pure humanity. Not that there are major diffs between those scenarios: both are pretty hopeless and based on the same human quality .. that one who is truly limitless.

Anyway. Here's my guess-the-price entry: $8399.95. I'm pretty sure I'll win
biggrin.gif

Now don't overbid! 

Seriously though, you took the words right out of my mouth. I think we will have to remind ourselves every ten pages or so that this is an update. It's NOT a new headphone. That is why they won't call it HD801 or HD850 or HD817,4. It's the HD800. It's just tweaked. And it won't cost a gazillion dollars for that exact same reason. You can hold me to that.

Anyway, now that seemingly everyone in the Head-Fi universe has their bids in, it would be great if we could talk about something else. If only there was something else we could talk about ...
frown.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #683 of 6,504
This video about the HD800S is .......hahahahahahahaha

And the Oscar goes to.......thats the funniest thing in sennheiser History that i have ever seen in 20 Years!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BkZPj9F0y18

Nomax

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #684 of 6,504
  Go for the HD600....

We'll see. I'd like to have a headphone that I don't need to be on an amp to use. And I can't get the X2 and HD600 together, the HD600 costs more than the X2 does even. I've heard great about the X2 and many compare it to the 600 and say it's better and definitely "faster", though that's subjective and has to do with sound signatures.

Now don't overbid! 

Seriously though, you took the words right out of my mouth. I think we will have to remind ourselves every ten pages or so that this is an update. It's NOT a new headphone. That is why they won't call it HD801 or HD850 or HD817,4. It's the HD800. It's just tweaked. And it won't cost a gazillion dollars for that exact same reason. You can hold me to that.

Anyway, now that seemingly everyone in the Head-Fi universe has their bids in, it would be great if we could talk about something else. If only there was something else we could talk about ...
frown.gif

Yeah I think my closing remarks to the community would be this:

Sennheiser (and any other manufacturer) surely watches threads in enthusiast communities like this one, especially marketing divisions and so forth. Please don't go saying they'll be thousands of dollars and acting like you'd be totally cool with that or think it'd be reasonable. That just gives them bad ideas. Approach it with a pessimistic attitude and you'll get pessimistic results.

Anyway, cheers! I'm out since there can't be any discussion here other than pointless speculation. It's simply not released yet and how much you think it will or won't cost doesn't matter. I'm sure Sennheiser will tell us how much it costs when it actually does matter (ie: When they're actually available for purchase).

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #685 of 6,504
Mmm.......with the continuing absence of any official pricing announcement for the HD800S, I'd like to poll potential customers re: how much would you pay or how much are you willing to pay for this HP (let us assume that the XLR is bundled and not an option): (add, copy and paste):

1. Raypin - usd 1799.00

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #688 of 6,504
  Mmm.......with the continuing absence of any official pricing announcement for the HD800S, I'd like to poll potential customers re: how much would you pay or how much are you willing to pay for this HP (let us assume that the XLR is bundled and not an option): (add, copy and paste):

1. Raypin - usd 1799.00

If they think they can raise the price by adding a balanced cable they are not as smart a company as I thought. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back