Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled!
Oct 31, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #5,597 of 6,504
  I loved the album... pretty amazing for her first solo album!

Just ordered this to see what the what is. Chesky's stuff is probably the best recorded music of any label I'm familiar with and I've got about 15 of their CD's.

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #5,598 of 6,504
25℅ off Chesky Records @ HDTracks, no code nec. May have to download that album tonight or at the very least sample a listen.

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #5,599 of 6,504
  ok, if you really want to see how good the HD800 S are I suggest listening to Melissa Menago album Little Crimes.  Recorded in a church in Brooklyn in the middle of a rain storm... wow.. no wonder it won the Chesky records shootout.. amazing album... shows just how incredible the HD800 S are.

Purchased, downloaded and spent a couple of hours listening to this wonderful album...couldn't put on my HD800S due to my other half being nearby 
tongue.gif

Thanks for the suggestion

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #5,601 of 6,504
Hey fellas ...love to try something new....what type of Music does she sing?

Thanks,

Larry

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #5,603 of 6,504
Thanks Randy...I heard a piece on HD Tracks...I kinda like her unique voice and her sound...I may have to get that Download from them...

Thanks for the Tip!   I mostly like Jazz...Diana Krall to Boney James....there's some Bass tracks on Boney's album "Ride". that could easily showcase the 800S Bass capabilities IMO...:wink:

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #5,604 of 6,504
Yea, I also like Diana Krall, Holly Cole, Lyn Stanley, Norah Jones, Rebecca Pidgeon, Shelby Lynn, Patricia Barber, Liz Longley.... man there are a lot of great female vocalist :)....

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #5,605 of 6,504
Love Krall, Barber and Pidgeon but Norah Jones newer albums bores me tbh...was just listening to Melissa Menago's album with my HD800S and it's crazy good. For a moment I though it was raining outside LoL  
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #5,606 of 6,504
I also enjoy smoky jazz vocal albums more than folksy. From dee dee bridgwater, carmen Lundy, Lindsay Webster, Ariana salvalis, caro Jose, Cassandra Wilson, Diana reeves, Emilio Clair Barlow, Gretchen paralto (live), hailie Loren, kandace springs etc... now I'm not into everything these ladies do but I found an album or two in repertoire that was quite to my liking. I spend too much time and money searching iTunes obviously... just for the curious.
Patricia barber sounds interesting, you may have cost me a few more bucks.

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #5,608 of 6,504
Agreed, Patricia Barber is excellent.  I have found that each of her six albums that I own have taken a few listens to really enjoy them.  She is quite different.  But, each are special in their own way.  I also forgot about Emilio Clair Barlow, I rather enjoy her DSD albums also!  There are so many good ones vocalist :)...

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #5,609 of 6,504
We are probably hijacking this thread with Music likes....which I certainly like cause I may learn about someone new....Dang I have tried two Patricia Barber albums and I just don't dig her...;-(.   But I love smooth Jazz

You want some Bass testing for the.  800S go with Boney James (sax instrumentals with a few songs that actually have female singers...)

I will try some of the other gals listed above.  Wazzzup listed a few I have never heard of...Thanks!...I also like some of the oldies...like Joni Mitchell, Bonnie Rait and love the "Heart" Sisters!!!!

Cheers,
Larry

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #5,610 of 6,504
Yea, there are so many good ones.... I love the Wilson sisters also (i.e. Heart), Sia, omg    on and on it goes.  Patricia Barber has some of the best recordings and best show casing of how good the HD800S are.  It does take some listening to gain an appreciation of her music (about the same as it took me to like Rickie Lee Jones), but it is worth it.  Her music is one of those that every time I listen I hear something that I never heard before :)....  probably why I have six of her albums...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back