Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled!
Jan 9, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #2,552 of 6,514
Nice, I got no leader. Well other than my wife. :tongue_smile:

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #2,553 of 6,514
I go by with my ears and HD 800 S is HD 800 Supreme :) .  I got it this afternoon and my Jaw dropped and t!he impact it made on first impression is awesome.... I am Listening more and more till I get it burn in and see how does it go!

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #2,554 of 6,514
Well that's true concerning fostex and studio. I'll leave Fostex observations for audiophiles and listening Officianados. Iam a th900 user and will justify or counter this blunt observation when I get my hd800s. What I can comment on is there is a low end percussive bass standard with th900 and a very detailed high end range that actually makes most genres sound impactful and resilient. Other than rock, a mid needed genre that is not my wheelhouse anyways.
Well I just had to say this before I do my th900 hd800s comparison. Does one can do everything?. Iam very pleased with my modded th900 and I assume good things when I get hd800s.

I didn't bother to quote what I'm replying too cause I'm not sure it's worth repeating.

post has been removed, im not insane or blabbering about th900 :blink:

Jan 10, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #2,555 of 6,514
  I go by with my ears and HD 800 S is HD 800 Supreme :) .  I got it this afternoon and my Jaw dropped and t!he impact it made on first impression is awesome.... I am Listening more and more till I get it burn in and see how does it go!

Congratulations 

Jan 10, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #2,556 of 6,514
http://www.head-fi.org/t/786512/sennheiser-orpheus-successor-the-sennheiser-he1060-hev1060-first-look/1380#post_12228645

Interesting impressions of the new Orpheus ^
It sounds like they have a similar frequency response of the HD800S . Can't wait for Tyll to get hold of them .

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #2,557 of 6,514
My wife uses light signals, from the hall, on off on off, to let me know, put down the hp and I need you. Or she comes into my office/ cave and scares the be Jesus out of me I tell her I hope you were not standing there long.
tongue.gif

Sounds identical to my scenario lol .....
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #2,558 of 6,514
Jan 10, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #2,559 of 6,514

No, i don't think, that this link is very reliable or complete, but there are some interesting suggestions too. Most interesting, if we speak about real noise isolation (not sure about real SQ) is THP-29, made under several names like TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik THP-29 and Extreme Isolation EX-29 and under some other names (containing number 29). These hp's have an isolation of 29dB. With these hp's isolation is measured as AVERAGE attenuation/isolation over a WIDE frequency range (most headphones measure attenuation/isolation at just ONE frequency).

That link and most other links only confirm that if I need over the ear and closed back, and isolate well, only Ultrasone will be a good fit. EL8C was good on it's own, but I do not think that I can live with it's weight. I just want to make sure that there is nothing else that would fit my bill!

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #2,560 of 6,514

No, i don't think, that this link is very reliable or complete, but there are some interesting suggestions too. Most interesting, if we speak about real noise isolation (not sure about real SQ) is THP-29, made under several names like TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik THP-29 and Extreme Isolation EX-29 and under some other names (containing number 29). These hp's have an isolation of 29dB. With these hp's isolation is measured as AVERAGE attenuation/isolation over a WIDE frequency range (most headphones measure attenuation/isolation at just ONE frequency).

That link and most other links only confirm that if I need over the ear and closed back, and isolate well, only Ultrasone will be a good fit. EL8C was good on it's own, but I do not think that I can live with it's weight. I just want to make sure that there is nothing else that would fit my bill!

I thought that EL8 was light for a planar. Haven't tried, so I'm just going by what I've heard about it.

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #2,561 of 6,514

Regular :wink:

You might want to get the FF mod, I like it a lot. It is only 100€ and will not take long, for me it was roughly a week.

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #2,562 of 6,514

Have you compared it to the classic? Thanks

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #2,564 of 6,514

It is getting better and better, I tried the audiophile demo CD's as well as the classical SACD by London Symphony Orchestra and it is so beautiful. 

LSO's recordings recorded on a company's engineer previously worked DECCA
Beethoven, Mahler, Sibelius
.is not my sound because there is no transparency or depth.
in  time they receive their sound HD800S -.
know that I bought a new set   291xx   compared to older 159xx   

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #2,565 of 6,514
   LSO's recordings recorded on a company's engineer previously worked DECCA
Beethoven, Mahler, Sibelius
.is not my sound because there is no transparency or depth.
in  time they receive their sound HD800S -.
know that I bought a new set   291xx   compared to older 159xx   

I didn't understand the last point here.  But I tried other Classical as well beethoven by karajan and it is really awesome.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back