Sennheiser HD800 vs STAX SR-007II
Jun 6, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #18 of 122
"O2 is a league behind" =
confused_face_2.gif
insanity

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #19 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because there is no comparison here. O2 is a league behind. I've compared HD800 with Senn stats, and I think the other thread comparing to R10 are valid ones.

I also chalk a goofy statement like this to FOTM. It will be funny to see what the opinion on the HD800 will be 4-5 month from now.

I look forward to legit comparisons as well.

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #20 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by greggf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"O2 is a league behind" =
confused_face_2.gif
insanity

Just because you currently own O2 doesn't mean it is the best. You will have to be a little more open minded. I owned O2 and have HD800. Have you compared the two?

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #21 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The FOTM craze...

I will compare them as soon as I can find some spare time to do so.

Not at all. On the contrary, you seem having been putting O2 above EVERYTHING all along. Can I call it "Floavor of Life"?! Why are all the sensitivies towards O2, like it's untouchable. It's just a headphone dude.

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #22 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also chalk a goofy statement like this to FOTM. It will be funny to see what the opinion on the HD800 will be 4-5 month from now.

I look forward to legit comparisons as well.

it's not goofy. Seems to me anybody dare to say anything bad about O2 are condamed as "political incorrectniess". I owned O2 for a while, didn't like it, so in my opinion it is a league below other super flagship cans.

Don't mean to step on your toes, just my honest opinion. You can take it or leave it.

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #24 of 122
No, but you haven't either, if you're going by memory, which tends to be a very faulty thing.

Also, at this level, there are preferences, not "betters." Right?
wink_face.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #26 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadrangulum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think the O2 is a league behind the HD800.

I've never been a huge fan of O2, but really, I consider HD800 at least 0.6245 league behind O2
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #27 of 122
With high levels of headphone transparency and the inability to eliminate the amp as a variable, aren't we just comparing apples and oranges? Maybe, it would be a more valid comparison with a wide variety of amps for each headphone so one isn't simply ascribing the character of the amp.

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #29 of 122
ast, did you put your O2 impressions into a post or thread here? I'd like to read them. Funny thing is that I always find negative impressions to be the mos useful. It's easy to write glowing praise for gear you love, but it's those who pin down faults are the ones you learn the most from. Sorry you didn't like the O2, but I'm interested in your thoughts. I've been thinking about streamlining the setup a little. I'm close to ordering the HD-800 and was thinking about picking up the O2 to round the collection off. I have heard - and liked - the O2. However, I didn't get a huge amount of time with them, so what you think is something I want to hear.

To everyone else, don't pick on someone for giving an honest opinion. It might be against the consensus, but it is an honest opinion. Keep that in mind the next time you disagree with popular opinion.

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #30 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The FOTM craze...

I will compare them as soon as I can find some spare time to do so.

Yeah, but we all can predict what you will have to say about the HD800 vs O2 Mk1...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back