Sennheiser HD800 Updates!!!
May 13, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #406 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by billyearle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
funny, I was finally at the point of ordering the PS1000, and it seems no one has those in stock yet either, right?
I am still totally keeping the HD800 on order, just anxious to hear at least one of these 2 new phones. Not so much impatiance, as a real concern to hear them before my $5000 Blue Hawaii order comes due. I am way over my head in audio debt now, and holding on to a hope that these phones may indeed be good enough to sell all my other phones and unburden myself of the Stax Omega system (which is currently essential).

I'm afraid they might just be another flavor to add to the confusion. I had those hopes too but now am doubting the logic of that. We'll see...

May 13, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #407 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2nd place isn't always so bad.

Amen to that, brother! You can never have enough alternative sound sigs, especially if they're more or less on the same level but give you alternative views of sound reproduction. What's better? Vinyl or digital? Both! Tubes or sold state? Both! Dynamic or electrostatic? Both! Speakers or headphones or IEMs? All of the above!

Sure, call me an audio glutton, I don't mind...

May 13, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #408 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be shocked if hd800s with anything beat an o2 with bhse

I'm thinking same, but.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2nd place isn't always so bad.

I'm afraid second place might, in fact, be excellent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amen to that, brother! You can never have enough alternative sound sigs, especially if they're more or less on the same level but give you alternative views of sound reproduction. What's better? Vinyl or digital? Both! Tubes or sold state? Both! Dynamic or electrostatic? Both! Speakers or headphones or IEMs? All of the above!

Sure, call me an audio glutton, I don't mind...

I come from the Wayne McManus school of audio philosophy.

May 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #410 of 554
Quote:

Team Minimal FTW

A man of understanding.
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #411 of 554
Quote:

We will see - funny thing about hearing, as it never quite works out like we think up front.

May 13, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #412 of 554
Quote:

Could you just hold on to these wires for a sec?

electricdragon80000v-14.jpg

May 13, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #413 of 554
Quote:

It might for those of us that don't care much for the O2. Besides, the Jade and BHSE will likely beat the O2 and BHSE.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #414 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It might for those of us that don't care much for the O2. Besides, the Jade and BHSE will likely beat the O2 and BHSE.
smily_headphones1.gif

Or those of us who think he60 and BH(SE) better than OII and Jade?

Still, there are times now I prefer the hd600 and a balanced amp - it is just that hamburger (occasionally) over steak thing.

May 13, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #415 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Except for those of us who don't care much for the Jades
smile.gif

At any rate, HD800s on order, O2s in the house, and BHSE promised before CanJam. Life is good.

May 13, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #416 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except for those of us who don't care much for the Jades
smile.gif

At any rate, HD800s on order, O2s in the house, and BHSE promised before CanJam. Life is good.

Life is good, but my wallet (and future lifestyle) is very afraid of BHSE. When is CanJam?
If it's a very close 2nd place in accuracy I don't mind. Have to wait and hear what the sonic trade-offs are.
& yeah, I liked what I heard from the Jades at a recent Head-fi meet, but it was so brief, and I got a reaming (the not-good kind) from a Head-fi buddy when I professed to like them. I've had ambivalence over the 02s, but with each upgrade step I make in source & power & interconnects, I am finding them much harder to think of parting with
frown.gif
Alas I too love multiple flavors, but I am still hoping Vinyl, CD, Speakers, HD800 and PS1000 would be enough variety to placate me. And dammit, for my living situation, I need some GREAT Closed phones too! That spells R10.

May 14, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #419 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeez, you rich guys with all that money and exspensive gear.God you make me sick
icon10.gif
.Gary

Funny stuff. It's a good thing you didn't give me your HE90/Aristaeus to compare to the HD800. I would have been happy but I think you would have been missing it by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back