Sennheiser HD800 Updates!!!
Mar 22, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #271 of 554
It's his business or anyone's business because you choose to post on a public thread.
If you don't want people to ask why you constantly ask about when it's being released...why don't you just call headroom and ask status for yourself.

We sorta know the status from the previous update...so it's perfectly fine to ask why you constantly asking a pointless question...my 2 cents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do either of you have a pending order? And, if I choose to ask my vendor a status, what business is it of yours?

Check out of the thread if that bothers you - seriously.

Mar 22, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #272 of 554
I personally appreciate when someone else does my dirty work. So... ask on.

Quote:

Do either of you have a pending order? And, if I choose to ask my vendor a status, what business is it of yours?

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #273 of 554
Yes, I have a pending order, not here as I can't order from USA. But I trust my dealer enough to be convinced he's going to tell me something once he gets something without flooding him with the very same question on a regulary basis and I'm sure it's the same for Headroom. It's their interest to do this. You clearly see that Tyll isn't answering such questions anymore on a daily basis...I guess should he start he would have to do this each 3 hours in the day.
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously, I'd want to have my headphones now like everyone else, but almost hysterical behaviours like some I've seen going on in head-fi (expecially in the Headphone section) are just ridicolous.

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #274 of 554
I think that the behavior is more rational than hysterical, given that pre-orderers were originally told that the HD800 could possibly be released as early as mid-February and now "June" has even been mentioned.

You can't hijack the emotions and imaginations of highly creative hobbyists without expecting some flack.

Think there's a problem now? Wait and see what happens if the HD800 don't meet the oftentimes stated one-word CES impression of "perfect."

And, almost by definition, since nothing can be perfect, the Senn is set up for a fall, guaranteed, even if only a relative one.

So I think that the entities who whipped people into a frenzy about the February release of a perfect headphone can rationally be expected to hear some bleating and nagging in late March, and may want to suffer same in humility and silence and good humor.
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #275 of 554
Quote:

Good for you, I thought they were a "little hard" on you. It's not like you are calling or waisting someones time at headroom. How are they (Senn/Headroom) going to know just how disappointed their customers are over this delay? Especially in this economy, where customer service is likely to attract the very scarce disposable audiophile dollar?

I also think that it is nice that we have somewhere to vent, even if it is writing it in a form (I bet he felt better much better just writing in this form. Until you guys pissed him off.) where some others with the same views and feelings may agree with you. Or not.. (I would think everyone who has a set of 800s ordered wishes they were on there heads by now)

I don't care how old you are, when you are looking forward to something important in your life, we all act like little kids. Are we their yet!! We all love this hobby, play nice and with respect, we all react differently.

PS. I am in the Headroom pre order top 10!!

Mar 22, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #276 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by greggf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can rationally be expected to hear some bleating and nagging in late March, and may want to suffer same in humility and silence and good humor.
biggrin.gif

496334593_Qt85s-M.jpg

I don't think I'm even going to ask Sennheiser again 'til April 2.

No, I'm not going to call on the first, I think that would be a terrible mistake. What if they said the 800s were coming. Would you believe me on the first?

Mar 22, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #277 of 554
A couple of thoughts...

I, for one, would rather not waste HR's time and phone charges on something that can be answered en masse.

For those who are bothered by my posts, put me on your 'Ignore list' - then, everyone's happy.

Tyll, I agree about it not being your turn to call. Great analogy about us being your flock, on Sunday morning, no less. Pardon me if I'd prefer being the black and white contingent rather than the white and black, but, the proportions look about correct.

HR #9, when I checked about a month ago.

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #278 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good for you, I thought they were a "little hard" on you. It's not like you are calling or waisting someones time at headroom. How are they (Senn/Headroom) going to know just how disappointed their customers are over this delay? Especially in this economy, where customer service is likely to attract the very scarce disposable audiophile dollar?

I also think that it is nice that we have somewhere to vent, even if it is writing it in a form (I bet he felt better much better just writing in this form. Until you guys pissed him off.) where some others with the same views and feelings may agree with you. Or not.. (I would think everyone who has a set of 800s ordered wishes they were on there heads by now)

I don't care how old you are, when you are looking forward to something important in your life, we all act like little kids. Are we their yet!! We all love this hobby, play nice and with respect, we all react differently.

PS. I am in the Headroom pre order top 10!!

All very very true.

I hope it didn't sound like I was trying to single Pabbi out
frown.gif
, because that wasn't what I meant at all. It was me speaking my opinions to the general public.

I was thinking more about Tyll and he confirmed it with his last post. Headroom's going through some big changes and being asked for updates "en mass" like pabbi says doesn't help if they're kept in the dark themselves.

IMO call Sennheiser and whip them into shape.

But if giving me flak for a single easily misconstrued statement is helping you guys vent your frustrations: vent away
smile.gif

Anyways, just trying to reach out with an olive branch and bring things back to focus.

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #279 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by greggf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO call Sennheiser and whip them into shape.

I bet you guys don't want them as much as Sennheiser and us retailers do.

Say, Let me divert your attention:

Has anybody heard the HD228 yet? List $90 ... I don't remember ... but I think they are pretty damn good headphones. The HD218 is damn good too at its price $20 bucks less.

Has anybody talked about them yet?

Anybody got a linky?

popcorn.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #281 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I am looking for HD238... Will you carry HD218, 228 and/or 238?

(btw thanks for the response Tyll.)

I'm just listening to the 218 and 228 and I think they sound pretty darn good. A very unusual headphone, actually. And a very good one, IMHO.

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #282 of 554
Does anyone have any clue to when they may realistically be released?

I'm really glad I passed up on the D7000 to wait for these. I already have the D5000 anyway. I am just hoping that 300 ohms won't pose any sort of problem with my amp (Opera). I hope it has enough juice for these babies. Finally, a headphone that actually sounds like real, live speakers with transients similar to electrostat.

While I would never advocate doing this to a fellow Head-fier, those of you who can afford to stock up on several pairs should do so. It will be a good investment for you if Sennheiser can only produce 5,000 a year. If they are as good as the reviews we've heard, they will sell out as quickly as they come in. So you might be able to make a few bucks on eBay once they are all sold out.

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #284 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I am looking for HD238... Will you carry HD218, 228 and/or 238?

HD 238 - first impressions

Yeah... sorry!

Mar 26, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #285 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You just did.

No, I said for Head-Fiers to put it on eBay for the masses. But if a Head-Fier happens to want it that bad and wants to buy it on eBay for a higher price, that's his/her choice and I see nothing wrong with that. The R10's are not worth their going rate in my opinion, but people still want them (and Head-Fiers still sell them) so worth is a relative term.

Are you going to pick up a pair of HD800 and do you know when they will be released?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back