Sennheiser HD800 Updates!!!
Mar 26, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #286 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have any clue to when they may realistically be released?

I'm really glad I passed up on the D7000 to wait for these. I already have the D5000 anyway. I am just hoping that 300 ohms won't pose any sort of problem with my amp (Opera). I hope it has enough juice for these babies. Finally, a headphone that actually sounds like real, live speakers with transients similar to electrostat.

While I would never advocate doing this to a fellow Head-fier, those of you who can afford to stock up on several pairs should do so. It will be a good investment for you if Sennheiser can only produce 5,000 a year. If they are as good as the reviews we've heard, they will sell out as quickly as they come in. So you might be able to make a few bucks on eBay once they are all sold out.

Pretty risky with the current economic climate!

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #287 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty risky with the current economic climate!

Very true!
dt880smile.png

Hey Tyll,
Do you have any room on your pre-order list for another HD800 on first shipment? And if so, when will it be available at best estimate?

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #288 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have any room on your pre-order list for another HD800 on first shipment? And if so, when will it be available at best estimate?

Almost certainly not. I say almost, because we have no idea how many cans we're getting yet, but we now have something like 130 orders. I'd guess it'll take two shipments to get all those taken care of, but who knows? Not us.

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #289 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Almost certainly not. I say almost, because we have no idea how many cans we're getting yet, but we now have something like 130 orders. I'd guess it'll take two shipments to get all those taken care of, but who knows? Not us.

Wow you get up early. Here on the east cost it's what 2 hours later. So you are on the job at like 6:30 AM?

1)..Honestly don't you think they rushed a couple of prototypes to the CES, and now they are scrambling to get production up and running?

2)..If not, and the headphones at the CES were not prototypes, but in fact pre- production, how did they get the 20 or so made (that got stolen) in pre Jan and now in almost April there waiting for parts?

To me pre-production means that the R&D, assembly process, parts/material suppliers everything is all figured out and in place. They run a batch see if there are any problems. Then if there are not any problems they start making the 25 sets or so a day. This is a big smart company, which has brought to market many products before, it,s not like it's there first release. How could they make such a HUGE mistake? It sounds to me like they found a problem with the pre production batch and are doing some scrambling to fix the problem.

I guess we will never know.
confused_face.gif

By the way I like what you did with the Headroom web-site! Good luck with the restructuring. I hope for the good of the whole headphone community you guys flourish! (did I spell that last word right?)

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #290 of 554
It's probably been asked before; but I feel the need to ask it again as I don't want to go through all the posts for this thread but how much of an improvement will get over my HD 650s with the new HD800s. I am running all my dynamic headphones off of my Balanced Max with DAC and Alps. Additionally, will tyll have the new HD800s at Canjam 2009?? Thanks for the information Scottsmrnyc

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #292 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The long and short of it... The HD800 are a total (supposedly) departure from the HD6x0 sound. The most used description being, HUGE soundstaging and NO veil whatsoever.

You mean the veil that Sennheisser fans wouldn't admit existed?
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #293 of 554
This whole thing just seems really odd - the lack of communication with vendors, while the videos of products rolling off the line and corporate issuance saying they expect to ship 5000 units ($7m) in the first year is, well, bush league.

Maybe they are waiting, much like a summer blockbuster, to start the clock to make some arbitrary shipping record?
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #294 of 554
About the delay in receiving the HD800, the only thing I would say is that with a high end price of $1300 and a delay of a couple of months, the buyer is entitled to vent his or her disappointment. I did not order the HD800s but have a related story about how a custom luthiered guitar I commissioned is now almost four months overdue. Although the luthier has sent me updated pictures of my guitar, when you are paying a high end price, I expect an on time delivery. I now find myself frustrated as I have a number of musical performances scheduled and may not have the guitar in time. A high end price should warrant an on time delivery. Isn't this what you are paying for as well. Shouldn't there be some form of compensation to the buyers when their product is drastically delayed? Shouldn't this also be part of the buyer/seller contract. I know that if I ever build another guitar or buy something that is high end, I might ask for some form of compensation if my product doesn't come in on time. These ideas should be written into the purchasing agreement. If my guitar is not completed and shipped within the next three weeks, you can bet I will start legal actions to place pressure on the builder. Scottsmrnyc

Mar 29, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #296 of 554
When NYC commissioned bids for repair of the Manhattan Bridge in the '90's,
they accepted a company with a low bid and the project ran 3 years over, a couple of hundred million dollars over, causing immense stress to the commuting and commercial populations.

When they needed to do the same thing with the Williamsburg Bridge, they stipulated that whoever took the bid, needed to hold themselves accountable to their projected time frame. They offered for anyone who won the contract, a million dollars a day for everyday that they finished early, and a million dollars per day penalty for everyday it was finished late.
They, of course finished 45 days early (the bridge was double inspected) and the construction company boasted on signs all over the approaches "45 Days Early!".

It's going to get to the point in May (with the silent treatment, and lack of genuine customer concerns/lack of responses to e-mails) that people will do whatever I do when a company treats me poorly. Never buy another product from that company again. In economic hard times, that's the last blemish that a company wants on it's record.

I'll never buy another Verizon product again for the callous and near-absent service that they provided (or didn't provide me) on three separate occasions.

Of course, all will be forgotten if they arrive at our doors this week.

Mar 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #297 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...their website has always clearly stated april/may

April/May?

Mar 29, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #299 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, their worldwide site has always said april/may for the hd800's

I am 100% certain the site said march/april, but changed it to april/may some time ago. It was also mentioned in the other 800 thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back