Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Oct 12, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #7,516 of 8,788
So currently I own a set of HD660s. Really like these headphones the 660s. I'm considering upgrading to the HD800s in 2023. Should I be aware of anything like Sennheiser coming out with a new 800-series model soon or possibly anything with their corporate sale in regards to picking up a set of HD800s? Thanks.
The HD800S is a different sound signature than the 660S.

Oct 12, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #7,517 of 8,788
So currently I own a set of HD660s. Really like these headphones the 660s. I'm considering upgrading to the HD800s in 2023. Should I be aware of anything like Sennheiser coming out with a new 800-series model soon or possibly anything with their corporate sale in regards to picking up a set of HD800s? Thanks.

Sennheiser sold the headphone business so I'd say we won't see any new headphones for a while if ever. I don't know Sonova's plans for manufacturing or where the headphone teams went or anything.

Oct 12, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #7,518 of 8,788
Sennheiser sold the headphone business so I'd say we won't see any new headphones for a while if ever. I don't know Sonova's plans for manufacturing or where the headphone teams went or anything.
They moving a lot stuff to Ireland plant.
Im sure we will see a lot headphones with more investment.
Sennheiser is not Audeze ,Focal or Hifiman who release demo versions as a final product. They took many years to develop HD800 and i didnt even heard about drivers clipping or drivers dying or build quality issues.
I think they have patent for Planar technology? They might be working on that...

Oct 12, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #7,519 of 8,788
They recently released a new IEM, the ie600.

Oct 12, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #7,520 of 8,788
The IE900 was designed in cooperation between the two and the IE600 is from the Sonova.

Oct 23, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #7,522 of 8,788
Curious if anyone has received new information as to when ear pads will become available? My dealer inquired to their sennheiser rep who said availability in approx 90 days but my dealer told me not to place any stock as that’s the standard response any time no ETA is available.

Oct 23, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #7,523 of 8,788
Curious if anyone has received new information as to when ear pads will become available? My dealer inquired to their sennheiser rep who said availability in approx 90 days but my dealer told me not to place any stock as that’s the standard response any time no ETA is available.
This is *exactly* what I worried about with the sale. Parts are life.

Oct 23, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #7,524 of 8,788
I’m not going to worry just yet. Replacement ear pads are commonplace for headphones costing 1/10 the price and it does not appear the HD800S has been discontinued. If replacements were not available, people may avoid buying sennheiser.

Oct 25, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #7,525 of 8,788
Late to the party, wanted to share I just got mine HD800S, as I live in Ireland, they were made here too, will post pictures when I finish with a work.

Regarding sound, I freaking love them, very natural, detailed, airy, textures on a bass notes are fantastic, speed is awesome too, paired with M17 / PL50 combo using Silver Litz Cable 4.4mm. I didn't expect them to be that good.
Bass is nice, if EQ-ed via Wavelet using autoeq HD800S preloaded one, bass becomes probably the best I have heard. Its unreal to have this level of detail, stage followed with that subwoofer bass.
Have Dekoni Sheepskin Hybrid on a way, but comfort stock wise is great, so maybe I wont need Dekoni after all but gonna try it.

All in all, I understand now why is this headphone legendary and benchmark to the others.

After reading hundreds of pages of this thread, I have pulled the trigger and dont regret one millisecond 😊

Oct 26, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #7,526 of 8,788
One question, I am listening to HD800S, swapped to Dekoni Elite Hybrid pads. Not sure are pads little muffling the sound or is it process of burn in? What do you guys think, change is subtle. Or just my brain playing games🙄

Oct 31, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #7,528 of 8,788
Came back to original pads and sound is perfect. Reviews about Dekoni pads, in my humble opinion are no no. This headphone is the best with stock pads and no EQ, if warmer sound nedeed the proper tube amp. My 2 cents..
Came back to original pads and sound is perfect. Reviews about Dekoni pads, in my humble opinion are no no. This headphone is the best with stock pads and no EQ, if warmer sound nedeed the proper tube amp. My 2 cents..
I switched from original pads to Dekoni Sheepskin Fenestrated and like the change. The original pads’ fabric irritated my ears. I like the (very) slightly warmer sound.

Oct 31, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #7,530 of 8,788

Users who are viewing this thread

Back