Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Dec 1, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #1,607 of 8,771
  Is that the Gumby? I'm waiting on my 800S. Should be here this weekend :)

Are you using the stock tubes on the Mjolnir? Could you also maybe write a short comparison between 800/800S?

Having had that chain, and then moving to a Yggy to replace Gumby, the 800s sounds poor with stock tubes (to me).

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #1,608 of 8,771

Having had that chain, and then moving to a Yggy to replace Gumby, the 800s sounds poor with stock tubes (to me).

Thank you. I have the Telefunken diamond tubes on the Mjolnir, really sounds better than the stock.
Was it a significant upgrade from gumby to yggy keeping the mjolnir? I'm thinking of the yggy too.

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #1,609 of 8,771
  Thank you. I have the Telefunken diamond tubes on the Mjolnir, really sounds better than the stock.
Was it a significant upgrade from gumby to yggy keeping the mjolnir? I'm thinking of the yggy too.

Significant, no. Noticeable, yes. My position was this. I moved from a Bifrost/Lyr2 to the Gumby/MJ2. I have allot of good tubes so that was a reason for the move on the amp to go balanced, and everything I read on the multibit was positive, so gumby it was. Essentially, I didn't obsolete anything, as I like the tubes sound, and being a balanced amp, I needed a balanced DAC to match.

The impact on me was was dramatic. My redbook files (ripped CD's to flac) never sounded so good. It brought me back to my analog days. Also, it changed the way I felt about DAC vs AMP, which is, it made me sway to the side that DAC is equal or more important than the AMP. The gumby was that good.  That being the case, I was all in on moving to yggy.  It just provides that much more detail while still being musical. I'm an old guy, and my music collection covers 60's thru current. Rock, Jazz, Pop, Classic. Everything sounds better, and I have herd new details on songs I've known forever.

Put another way, I am done with my dynamic chain. Yggy/MJ2 into Ether C (soon to be flows) or HD800's has me content. With it's wide sound stage, the HD's are amazing to hear. On more than one occasion, I've turned my head thinking someone was in the room with me. Bizarre feeling.

The only thing that might get me to add/change: eStats..............

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #1,611 of 8,771
Just received earlier this week!~

7IiqDqe.jpg

I <3 pink but I couldn't get all-pink to look nice on these headphones >,<"... so I went with my three favourite colours!~

Eep, not your average HD800S, but hope you guys like it :D

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #1,618 of 8,771
WOW!!!Do you want to show us how looks on you?

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #1,620 of 8,771
Haha no sorry; Sybil = Shy Sybil :p

Buuutt... can show you my matching nails which are exact same colour as my headphones I just did :D

wBTJo5V.jpg

Sigh such veiny feet... need to stop running so much -_-"...

Ahahaha :-D you are amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back