Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Jul 13, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #1,216 of 8,764

Yes, line out mode so you get the 2 blue balls confirmation :) Then RCA to the Valhalla. One thing is that the line out power consume a lot of battery, so even if plugged in it will not always be enough to charge it at the same time. Easy fix just turn it off for a few hours until it recharges. I believe that line out mode, even connected, drain little battery out.

Regarding sound quality, is more about signature preference I believe. The Mojo combo sounded much more detailed and alive than the bitfrost multi. Is the MOJO signature being little V shaped. For example compared to my AK320 the sound is much more flat and rolled off treble.

However that little V shape sound of the MOJO, when amped trough the valhala 2 becomes very sweet IMO. I use this combo daily with my HD800S and LCD-XC as well.

Thanks so much for your support.

By the way please let me know approximatly how many hours we can run MOJO as line level mode?

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #1,217 of 8,764
  Thanks so much for your support.

By the way please let me know approximatly how many hours we can run MOJO as line level mode?

I dont have the exact count, but 2 days if with full battery for sure, now I just make sure to switch it off when I go sleep so it recharges for the next day. Otherwise, is annoying in the middle of the song to shut off even plugged in :)

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #1,218 of 8,764
I dont have the exact count, but 2 days if with full battery for sure, now I just make sure to switch it off when I go sleep so it recharges for the next day. Otherwise, is annoying in the middle of the song to shut off even plugged in :)

Great .. Thx so much..
By the way now i believe if i use mojo+ HDVA 600 it sound far better...

Ill let you know you guys after my hdva600 arrived!!!

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #1,220 of 8,764
Great .. Thx so much..
By the way now i believe if i use mojo+ HDVA 600 it sound far better...

Ill let you know you guys after my hdva600 arrived!!!

Don't order it, go listen to it first with your own ears. Probably 99.99% of Hifi shops that are serious about headphones have a demo unit of the HDVD 800/600. If you are a good reputable client, they will even let you borrow it for a few days.

The Taurus MKII and Violetric V281 amplifiers are also quite popular so you can audition them too against the HDVD 800/600. 

Just my word of advice based on my experience. Always go listen to something and do many comparisons with your own set of ears before buying something.  

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #1,221 of 8,764
Don't order it, go listen to it first with your own ears. Probably 99.99% of Hifi shops that are serious about headphones have a demo unit of the HDVD 800/600. If you are a good reputable client, they will even let you borrow it for a few days.

The Taurus MKII and Violetric V281 amplifiers are also quite popular so you can audition them too against the HDVD 800/600. 

Just my word of advice based on my experience. Always go listen to something and do many comparisons with your own set of ears before buying something.  

My dear friend.... First thx so much for your kind advice... Iam 100% agree with you...

But in my country there were no any single shop which sell such high end device... Because in here no one use such high end device....

However in here there are dealers.. So what they do is ... If some one place order only they will bring that broduct..

So i have no opertunity here ... And hence i have to take decions base on you guys experince and internet reviews.

That is why i ask so many questions in here , from you guys....

Thx so much all you guys support...

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #1,222 of 8,764

+1 on that, I had for serveral days side by side a Bitrost Multi+Valhalla 2 versus mojo+valhalla 2, IMO the combo with the MOJO sounded much better than with the bitfrost. Ended up returning the bitfrost, and keeping the vali with the mojo.

Agreed completely. In a side by side as much as I liked the Bifrost, the Mojo just seemed to pull the music out a bit more realistically and squeezed a bit more details from the recording. While small, the Mojo is one little impressive unit. Using it right now with my HE Edition X and just love what I'm hearing. Works very well for a small setup for the H800S as well, packs quite the punch!

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #1,223 of 8,764
Hi friends,

i want your ideas for this:

If i connect Mojo to Amp using Stereo to RCA cable,please let me know what would be the best material, either pure copper or pure Silver?

NOTE:headphone is Senn HD800S

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #1,224 of 8,764
I have one at home for testing - make a long story short, I'm going to buy it. It is better than the old 800 that could test twice. My other headphones are Audeze LCD2, EL8C and a Grado 325i. The amp is a Bryston BHA-1. The source was either my TT or my Hugo. Besides the fact that my vintage Vinyl rig sounds much more "meaty" or dynamic than my Digital frontend, the new Sennheiser is better than my Audezes. Bass is as deep, but better differenciated. Higher frequencies are much more open sounding but never harsh. Not as good as an AKG812 I could try. Detail retrieval is very high, but it doesn't sound like a scientific instrument. Music is flowing
out of the Sennheiser and it really sounds good: a tad warm, dynamic, colourful and very precise. If I want and concentrate, I can hear the tiniest background noises on the recordings. But like the Audeze, the Sennheiser is able to paint the whole picture in beautiful strokes. And it is super light and very comfortable. Unfortunately I never got what a "spatial" headphone is. Headphones are like headphones and the music is somewhere around your head, even crossfeed didn't work for me, so I cannot commend on the imaging. One might ask why I use the Bryston when I have the Hugo - it's a lot more bass. And the Sennheiser shows it very well.

Jul 14, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #1,225 of 8,764
I have one at home for testing - make a long story short, I'm going to buy it. It is better than the old 800 that could test twice. My other headphones are Audeze LCD2, EL8C and a Grado 325i. The amp is a Bryston BHA-1. The source was either my TT or my Hugo. Besides the fact that my vintage Vinyl rig sounds much more "meaty" or dynamic than my Digital frontend, the new Sennheiser is better than my Audezes. Bass is as deep, but better differenciated. Higher frequencies are much more open sounding but never harsh. Not as good as an AKG812 I could try. Detail retrieval is very high, but it doesn't sound like a scientific instrument. Music is flowing
out of the Sennheiser and it really sounds good: a tad warm, dynamic, colourful and very precise. If I want and concentrate, I can hear the tiniest background noises on the recordings. But like the Audeze, the Sennheiser is able to paint the whole picture in beautiful strokes. And it is super light and very comfortable. Unfortunately I never got what a "spatial" headphone is. Headphones are like headphones and the music is somewhere around your head, even crossfeed didn't work for me, so I cannot commend on the imaging. One might ask why I use the Bryston when I have the Hugo - it's a lot more bass. And the Sennheiser shows it very well.

Could you tell us more about the bryston amp? Does it give up anything to the Hugo? I have stayed away a from the Hugo due to the reports of it being a little on the lean side.

Jul 15, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #1,226 of 8,764
The Hugo is great. I used Audeze phones on it and everything was right. I think I like it better with the closed back EL-8 than with my LCD 2.2. I got the Bryston because I wanted a top quality amp for my turntable and I wanted to use a balanced cable for the Audeze. And the amp should be able to drive any dynamic headphone I could think of. It has a balanced and a single ended input and even a balanced output. So I thought the features are great. The presentation is different from the Hugo, but I don't find Hugo to be lean. It has all the details, everything sounds natural, bass is strong. The Hugo is as good as my Eximus was when you use an external amp, as a headphone amp it is a lot better. So I think if you don't use analogue sources, you'll be fine with the Hugo. The Bryston SEEMS to have more bass, but that might be a result of two parallel runing amps on the balanced output. It is very, very transparent. I have two turntables with different preamps and the Bryston makes ot easy to season your sound. I have the idea that it just gets the source louder without adding anything but just let your headphone perform the best. Sorry for the over enthusiastic description, but I like the Bryston. I could also say it is extremely fast to highlight the diifference in sound between the start of a tone (attack phase) in different cartridges. Van den Hul is definitely different from Decca. Both are fast, but do it different. You can hear these details very good on the Bryston. I'm sure you will hear them on a SPL, Violectric or Bakoon as well, so one thing is for sure: get a good headphone amp and it could be wise to spend a little more.

Jul 15, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #1,227 of 8,764
One might ask why I use the Bryston when I have the Hugo - it's a lot more bass. And the Sennheiser shows it very well.

This is interesting because although i never compared the Hugo and Bryston side-by-side, if there's anything i would say about the Bryston (and it is not necessarily a negative point) is that it is somewhat lean. Therefore deducting from your post would suggest the Hugo is VERY lean, unless you mean the bass on the Bryston is tighter and cleaner when you say 'a lot more bass'? I just feel the bass quantity is lean on the Bryston.

Jul 15, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #1,228 of 8,764
The Hugo is great. I used Audeze phones on it and everything was right. I think I like it better with the closed back EL-8 than with my LCD 2.2. I got the Bryston because I wanted a top quality amp for my turntable and I wanted to use a balanced cable for the Audeze. And the amp should be able to drive any dynamic headphone I could think of. It has a balanced and a single ended input and even a balanced output. So I thought the features are great. The presentation is different from the Hugo, but I don't find Hugo to be lean. It has all the details, everything sounds natural, bass is strong. The Hugo is as good as my Eximus was when you use an external amp, as a headphone amp it is a lot better. So I think if you don't use analogue sources, you'll be fine with the Hugo. The Bryston SEEMS to have more bass, but that might be a result of two parallel runing amps on the balanced output. It is very, very transparent. I have two turntables with different preamps and the Bryston makes ot easy to season your sound. I have the idea that it just gets the source louder without adding anything but just let your headphone perform the best. Sorry for the over enthusiastic description, but I like the Bryston. I could also say it is extremely fast to highlight the diifference in sound between the start of a tone (attack phase) in different cartridges. Van den Hul is definitely different from Decca. Both are fast, but do it different. You can hear these details very good on the Bryston. I'm sure you will hear them on a SPL, Violectric or Bakoon as well, so one thing is for sure: get a good headphone amp and it could be wise to spend a little more.

Thanks a lot

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #1,229 of 8,764
Now I'm getting confused, dear vlach. What does "lean" mean for you? I'm not a native speaker and the Oxford Dictionary didn't help me in this case. Do you mean it has a tendency towards a thinner sound?

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #1,230 of 8,764
Now I'm getting confused, dear vlach. What does "lean" mean for you? I'm not a native speaker and the Oxford Dictionary didn't help me in this case. Do you mean it has a tendency towards a thinner sound?

I mean lean as in lean vs rich and full bodied. The Bryston is lean in that sense but excels in clarity, transparency, resolution, detail and articulation. It is very clean and precise...and lean. But that's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back