Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Jul 15, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #4,787 of 8,761

Those are similar to the stock pads and probably work ok.... but if your looking for the sheepskin that have been discussed recently then it would be these.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sheepskin-L...229139?hash=item2ac7c56613:g:NYIAAOSwQzJcHI~l

If you don't want to wait for weeks for delivery and don't mind paying more then Amazon may be the better choice.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GSWPXV1/ref=dp_prsubs_2

Jul 16, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #4,789 of 8,761
Those are similar to the stock pads and probably work ok.... but if your looking for the sheepskin that have been discussed recently then it would be these.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sheepskin-L...229139?hash=item2ac7c56613:g:NYIAAOSwQzJcHI~l

If you don't want to wait for weeks for delivery and don't mind paying more then Amazon may be the better choice.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GSWPXV1/ref=dp_prsubs_2
I bought this one and cant wait to see how it feel and sound , thanks

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #4,790 of 8,761
I bought this one and cant wait to see how it feel and sound , thanks
I just installed a pair last week. They sound find, I haven't noticed any major differences in soundstage. As for comfort, they seem similar. I never really had issues with the stock Sennheiser pads though so take that with a grain of salt.

Jul 21, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #4,791 of 8,761
I have been listening with the Misodiko pads for a week now.
Well let's start with the good part.
This are comfy , well made , with nice touch and finish.
Very comfortable they slightly increase pressure (I liked that) and get hot a little earlier than stock pads.
They isolate better so bass is better perceived and detail is heard plenty.
(this may be a negative for some users as the headphones become less forgiving)
Soundstage is the same a little bit more concentrated (I liked that).

BUT

The bad part - they do change frequency response.
Frequencies above about 8Khz are emphasized and this is to be expected as the skin contrary to the stock fabric is highly reflective.
So cymbals , bells etc sound metallic and fake with some kind of added resonance.
Violins when play high register especially at tutti sound thin , fake and out of tone.
It's the same with other high pitched instruments.

So eventually pads returned.
My advice is stay with the stock.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #4,792 of 8,761

Very few instrument fundamental frequencies are above 2k....so mostly diminishing upper harmonics especially at 8k and higher...
....for those of us at age 65 and above...our hearing is rather diminished, stone deaf above 11k...lol.... so for me these pads work out much better than the stock pads as every little bit helps.......:ksc75smile:

music.gif

Jul 22, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #4,793 of 8,761
Well let's start with the good part.
This are comfy , well made , with nice touch and finish.
Very comfortable they slightly increase pressure (I liked that) and get hot a little earlier than stock pads.
They isolate better so bass is better perceived and detail is heard plenty.
(this may be a negative for some users as the headphones become less forgiving)
Soundstage is the same a little bit more concentrated (I liked that).

BUT

The bad part - they do change frequency response.
Frequencies above about 8Khz are emphasized and this is to be expected as the skin contrary to the stock fabric is highly reflective.
So cymbals , bells etc sound metallic and fake with some kind of added resonance.
Violins when play high register especially at tutti sound thin , fake and out of tone.
It's the same with other high pitched instruments.

So eventually pads returned.

You actually returned a pair of pads that you used ?

I was going to say something about price rises because folk do crap like that, but I won't.

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #4,795 of 8,761
Are you trying to be rude or it's my fantasy?
Why do prices rise up if a return an item with Amazon return policy?
Some happy folk will get this from the warehouse for 25€ thanks to me returning it at mint condition.

Yes, but there is limits, the item is now soiled and probably cannot be resold. Would you wear a pair of boxer shorts for a week and expect the company to take them back and refund you because you didn't like some aspect of them after 7 days usage ? As thats the same as handing back used sweaty earpads.

Home demo's of ££££s of gear is different as that is classed as a demo, but using earpads for a week and returning them is dodgy, I know alot of folk who do similar, but it doesn't make it right. Afterall they were only €25, which is like £1.50 in real money.

Amazon might not be allowed to resell them because of hygiene reasons.

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #4,796 of 8,761
I think you are exaggerating here.
It's the lambskin pads (35€ and not 25€) , i just cleaned them with some dettol stuff and returned them.
Nothing serious happened with 1 or 2 hours of total use.
It's leather pads they don't get dirty and are easily cleaned.
Amazon could and can refuse the return if their standards isn't met.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #4,799 of 8,761
To tell you the truth - and to end this silly of topic here - as far as they have granted me the right of return then I just don't care what happens next.
And you can blame me for price rises and global climate change.
And the financial crises in the euro zone with exorbitant teachers salaries :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back