Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Sep 12, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #4,546 of 9,628
We have in fact performed a facelift on a number of models. As many of you know, the HD 600 series (and the HD 580 before it) have been continuously produced for over 20 years. It was time to make new manufacturing molds! So, in fact, there are aesthetic "modernizations" for each of our current production models in this series, with the same quality sound they are renowned for. New Desktop photos, anyone?

HD660S_pack_shot_Isofront_RGB_red.jpg NEW_HD_660S_horizontal_RGB_red.jpg NEW_HD_660S_Detail_RGB_red.jpg
NEW_HD_650_Isofront_RGB_red.jpg HD650_pack_shot_Isofront_RGB_red.jpg NEW_HD_650_Detail_RGB_red.jpg
NEW HD 600.png NEW_HD_600_Isofront_RGB_red.jpg HD600_pack_shot_Isofront_RGB_red.jpg

Attachments

• NEW_HD_600_horizontal_RGB_red.jpg
    NEW_HD_600_horizontal_RGB_red.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Sep 12, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #4,547 of 9,628
We have in fact performed a facelift on a number of models. As many of you know, the HD 600 series (and the HD 580 before it) have been continuously produced for over 20 years. It was time to make new manufacturing molds! So, in fact, there are aesthetic "modernizations" for each of our current production models in this series, with the same quality sound they are renowned for. New Desktop photos, anyone?

Well, I think I’ve changed my mind about the new design - they look great! And at last, confirmation that the persistent rumours and reports (often from Sennheiser reps) that the HD 600 and HD 650 would be discounted are false. Thank goodness for that! Bravo Sennheiser!

And whilst I have your attention :wink: can I ask (purely as a matter of academic interest), where any of the old style 6 series ever made (I mean manufactured rather than assembled) in Romania? I’m presuming that all of the models with the old moulds came from Ireland (i.e. were manufactured and also possibly assembled there) regardless of what it says on the box?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #4,548 of 9,628

Hi, when can we expect those new models to be available?

Sep 13, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #4,559 of 9,628
I received my 660's yesterday.

They are the original 508231 style Romania manufacture, and they're quite impressive! These are the liveliest Sennheiser cans I've ever experienced.

As I'm typing I'm enjoying the Gary Moore box set.

Enjoy! The liveliness will settle down just a little bit as the pads break in but the improved speed and separation will of course remain.

Sep 13, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #4,560 of 9,628
Well, I think I’ve changed my mind about the new design - they look great! And at last, confirmation that the persistent rumours and reports (often from Sennheiser reps) that the HD 600 and HD 650 would be discounted are false. Thank goodness for that! Bravo Sennheiser!

And whilst I have your attention :wink: can I ask (purely as a matter of academic interest), where any of the old style 6 series ever made (I mean manufactured rather than assembled) in Romania? I’m presuming that all of the models with the old moulds came from Ireland (i.e. were manufactured and also possibly assembled there) regardless of what it says on the box?
The HD 660S was originally made in Ireland. It was released about a year and a half before this update. I think they shipped the mold to Romania for a few runs before retiring it.

Did you get to hear yours yet?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back