Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Oct 4, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #46,156 of 46,506
That is usually a mistake. You're not really stretching the headband but rather compressing the earpads which is not desirable. The best way to reduce the clamp remains the same. Extend the cups fully and gently bend the metal band on each size. Test and repeat until you get it to fit your head. I've done this on at least a dozen pair of Senns.

Seems a mistake but it works for me and pads are not compressed after 6 years.

Oct 4, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #46,159 of 46,506
Global warming, you might think it’s funny making fun of everything I say. Someday it will come back to you that is for sure.
Oh.. I'm sorry if I offended you.

First tho, I don't make fun of everything you post. That would have me tie you on the tippy-top of the HF Wall of Prolific Posters. I'm just not that talkative.

I will in future avoid teasing or kidding around with you, since humour is no laughing matter.

Oct 4, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #46,160 of 46,506
Oh.. I'm sorry if I offended you.

First tho, I don't make fun of everything you post. That would have me tie you on the tippy-top of the HF Wall of Prolific Posters. I'm just not that talkative.

I will in future avoid teasing or kidding around with you, since humour is no laughing matter.

Keep doing that and I will report you to the Mod.

Oct 4, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #46,161 of 46,506
1696463473544.gif

Oct 4, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #46,162 of 46,506
Keep doing that and I will report you to the Mod.
What happened to the notion of settling a score out in the parking lot? 😏 🤜 😫

EDIT: LobalWarming v UntilThen =?= ApocalypseSoon … 🤔😳

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #46,167 of 46,506
What happened to the notion of settling a score out in the parking lot? 😏 🤜 😫

EDIT: LobalWarming v UntilThen =?= ApocalypseSoon … 🤔😳

I agree. Handle it yourself until the mods step in. Giving back a bit of snark is the spice of life lol

Oct 7, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #46,169 of 46,506
One of the things that I want to mention is the comfort of this headphone. I love the soft padding and it feels so elegant like a wonderful 5th Avenue fur coat. (OK, I've never worn one but it's my guess since it feels like a luxury product)

I also highly enjoy the wonderful warm sound too and it's great for the kind of music that I listen too. I know some people may sneer a little because they have a $3000 headphone and it may be better than the HD650 but not all of us are as rich or as lucky as you are so please bear with us.

That said, the hd650 is a great headphone for the more common man who wants a taste of the something nice. It would make an incredible Christmas gift for any music lover especially living in an apartment along with a good amp. If someone gave me this as a holiday gift, I would probably break down in tears- like recieving a BMW on a smaller scale.

I used to sell audio. I have seen a few "humble" souls walking into the shop believing that the higher price tag was automatically the road to "self glory."

Some will buy a $3000 headphone so they can be untouchable. They brag about what they hear is much superior to yours....
while knowing full well you could never buy what they got to prove they are wrong.

I have HD 650's which I run from a Nuprime HPA-9 -
The HPA-9 has its volume set at 100%.

I use the Freya S as my line level control for the Nuprime.
The Freya runs balanced from my DAC, then unbalanced into the Nuprime.
The Freya running that way, according to Schiit, makes the unbalanced output more like a balanced line in active mode.

The Freya's volume control is impeccable and works synergistically with the Nuprime.

All cables ate Litz.

The HD 650 sounds excellent!
Bought it used.

GeneZ

Oct 7, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #46,170 of 46,506
You know, for the 650/6xx being such a complimented headphone, I was pretty letdown when I got to try a pair. I don't know if it's me not loving the house sound, but it just sounded boxed in. I definitely felt some of the warm mids come through, but man I just couldnt vibe with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back