Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #45,964 of 46,554
Is there a replacement headband cushion that people find most comfortable? I'm looking for something softer and most cushion-y than the stock headband pad. I'd probably just order a genuine Sennheiser HD 600 replacement cushion, but I can't seem to find any sites that sell them and it sounds like the Geekria one is more stiff

Jul 27, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #45,965 of 46,554
Excuse my ignorance. What are those copper looking rings?

They also come in a nickel plated finish.
20221224_084919.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #45,967 of 46,554
I'm definitely going to order the kit for my HD600's. I've read how easy it is to do but I watched the video and was really surprised how easy it actually is.
Definitely quite easy, especially if you're already familiar with changing pads or if you've ever taken the grills off. The toughest part for most (myself included) seems to be placing the little flimsy stickers, which you might not even need.

Jul 27, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #45,968 of 46,554
Is there a replacement headband cushion that people find most comfortable? I'm looking for something softer and most cushion-y than the stock headband pad. I'd probably just order a genuine Sennheiser HD 600 replacement cushion, but I can't seem to find any sites that sell them and it sounds like the Geekria one is more stiff
I’m not 100% sure because this is based on memory; I believe Sennheiser is no longer making the HD600 headband cushion, only the one for the HD650 which is different. You can try and research this info on the internet.

Jul 28, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #45,969 of 46,554
Today I have the Ferrum Hysos for my music server Melo N100 and the hybrid power supply really does a good job to enhance the quality of my chain to a next level with THX AAA -> Sennheiser HD650. The more I upgrade the audio chain the more Sennheiser HD650 rewards me with better sound. Really like the tonality of Sennheiser HD650 very smooth and non fatiguing at the same time but still very hi-fi. Next is the Bakoon amps from Japan to drive this headphone to another level I think.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #45,970 of 46,554
https://spares.sennheiser-hearing.com/

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #45,971 of 46,554
I’m not 100% sure because this is based on memory; I believe Sennheiser is no longer making the HD600 headband cushion, only the one for the HD650 which is different. You can try and research this info on the internet.
They still are, every part of the HD 5/6/8 line is available on their spare-parts site, that's why I love Sennheiser

Jul 29, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #45,972 of 46,554
Looks like the HD 600 headband padding is out of stock right now on the Sennheiser spares website but I'll keep an eye on it.

I also ordered the Custom Cans copper mod a few days ago for my HD 6XX. Really looking forward to hearing how it elevates the 6XX paired with my ZMF perf lambskin pads!

Jul 30, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #45,973 of 46,554
Looks like the HD 600 headband padding is out of stock right now on the Sennheiser spares website but I'll keep an eye on it.

I also ordered the Custom Cans copper mod a few days ago for my HD 6XX. Really looking forward to hearing how it elevates the 6XX paired with my ZMF perf lambskin pads!
Please let us know what you think about the sonic difference with the CustomCans mod! How do the ZMF pads change the sound?
Its a shame that here in germany you cant get the ZMF from a local dealer. With tax and DHL fee i just doesn't make sense to order pads from the US.

Jul 30, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #45,974 of 46,554
Please let us know what you think about the sonic difference with the CustomCans mod! How do the ZMF pads change the sound?
Its a shame that here in germany you cant get the ZMF from a local dealer. With tax and DHL fee i just doesn't make sense to order pads from the US.
Honestly I didn't really do much A/B comparison between the stock pads and ZMF pads. My stock pads were old and pretty flattened so I just put on the ZMF pads and made sure they retained the midrange magic and that nothing sounded "off", and once I decided I was really happy with them I just got rid of the old pads. Based on my overall experience with them I'd say I agree with the review by @heliosphann here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/zmf-sennheiser-6-pads-review.25732/. I feel soundstage is improved, there's a little less of the 3-blob effect in imaging, and in general things are just a bit more open sounding with a little more punch from the lambskin pads. Midrange is maybe slightly less forward than the stock pads, but I really don't feel like I'm missing any of what makes the 6XX special. And I like that these pads won't wear down the same as the stock pads. Hopefully headphone.shop in Germany will carry ZMF pads eventually so you can try them out!

Jul 30, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #45,975 of 46,554
Honestly I didn't really do much A/B comparison between the stock pads and ZMF pads. My stock pads were old and pretty flattened so I just put on the ZMF pads and made sure they retained the midrange magic and that nothing sounded "off", and once I decided I was really happy with them I just got rid of the old pads. Based on my overall experience with them I'd say I agree with the review by @heliosphann here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/zmf-sennheiser-6-pads-review.25732/. I feel soundstage is improved, there's a little less of the 3-blob effect in imaging, and in general things are just a bit more open sounding with a little more punch from the lambskin pads. Midrange is maybe slightly less forward than the stock pads, but I really don't feel like I'm missing any of what makes the 6XX special. And I like that these pads won't wear down the same as the stock pads. Hopefully headphone.shop in Germany will carry ZMF pads eventually so you can try them out!
Thanks the Review about the ZMF Pads was quite interesting. I took a look at the headphone.shop website, but i think at the moment they just cover thier headphone lineup. Hopfully in the future they add thier accessoires, just heard good things about the pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back