Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Sep 27, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #39,901 of 46,554
Hopefully, just temporarily out of stock.
Amazon.com completely removed the listing for the HD 650. Normally when it's a stock issue, the listing remains with a notice that it's temporarily not available or expected in stock on a future date. It almost seems like they have no plans to sell it anymore. I wonder if the massive amount of Massdrop HD 6XX orders recently means that Sennheiser has reduced their planned production of the HD 650. Maybe Sennheiser's Massdrop commitment means they're no longer able to meet other mass retailers' demands for new stock of the 650.

Sep 27, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #39,902 of 46,554
Amazon.com completely removed the listing for the HD 650. Normally when it's a stock issue, the listing remains with a notice that it's temporarily not available or expected in stock on a future date. It almost seems like they have no plans to sell it anymore. I wonder if the massive amount of Massdrop HD 6XX orders recently means that Sennheiser has reduced their planned production of the HD 650. Maybe Sennheiser's Massdrop commitment means they're no longer able to meet other mass retailers' demands for new stock of the 650.

That would be very unfortunate.

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #39,903 of 46,554

Nonsense & hilarious!

Sep 27, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #39,904 of 46,554
Amazon.com completely removed the listing for the HD 650. Normally when it's a stock issue, the listing remains with a notice that it's temporarily not available or expected in stock on a future date. It almost seems like they have no plans to sell it anymore. I wonder if the massive amount of Massdrop HD 6XX orders recently means that Sennheiser has reduced their planned production of the HD 650. Maybe Sennheiser's Massdrop commitment means they're no longer able to meet other mass retailers' demands for new stock of the 650.[/QU
I

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #39,905 of 46,554

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-650-Professional-Headphone/dp/B00018MSNI

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #39,908 of 46,554

They are back up at $315 shipped with Prime. Good deal!

Not sure what is going on but I just checked and Amazon is selling the HD650 for $315.24 at this time.

This is good news. Last night when I posted, the listing was simply not there anymore. Even doing a google search and going to the direct link, took me to an Amazon page that said this page cannot be found. Not sure why they were offline, but glad they're back.

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #39,910 of 46,554
In case anyone is wondering....Amazon.com isn't the only retailer that carries the Sennheiser HD650. My google search returned 50+ vendors.
That should be obvious. But when a major retailer like Amazon.com removes the product page for a product, it begs some questions. The fact that the HD 650 product page is back on Amazon, should be a relief for all.

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #39,915 of 46,554
I'm having a problem with a loose cable connection in the left socket. A very slight pull in the cable and it will fall out. I tried switching the cables, and the problem is in the cans - not the cable.
It is difficult to see anything when inspecting visually. My buest guess is that the "metal connector unit" has somehow been pushed too deep into the can.
Has anyone experienced something similar and/or do you have any suggestions for diagnosing + fixing?

Thanks in advance! :smile_phones:
(If you know of a better place to post this question, please let me know)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back