Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #33,511 of 46,514
I know a lot of people don't find the 650s to be bass heavy headphones, and I agree! However, you can get the bass to go pretty hard on them. I downloaded sonarworks demo, and copied the "average" eq curve for the 650s (flat) into the graphic equalizer pluggin in foobar, also using the real bass exciter pluggin, and yeah...earthquake bass!

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #33,513 of 46,514
I find HD650 suprisingly bassy. But its not very clean, tight and clear like planars. 

I got Valhalla 2 now, sounds terrific! Better then the WA6-SE I had

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #33,518 of 46,514

Regardless, the bass goes hard if you want it too. 

I've got it next to the HE400's right now, and though it doesn't go as low as the HE400, it competes with the right set up.

If the bass in the track, I like to hear it accurately, not over-emphasized. Nothing satisfying about deeper bass if it's not accurate and controlled.
cool.gif

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #33,519 of 46,514
I know a lot of people don't find the 650s to be bass heavy headphones, and I agree! However, you can get the bass to go pretty hard on them. I downloaded sonarworks demo, and copied the "average" eq curve for the 650s (flat) into the graphic equalizer pluggin in foobar, also using the real bass exciter pluggin, and yeah...earthquake bass!

Man I love the HD650 bass and it could be a basshead phone with EQ applied. The HD650 bass shakes your whole Head I was like What when I was experiencing it. Also with Dynamat applied you can enhance the low end even more and it becomes a true basshead can. The HD600 would not respond this way with EQ.

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #33,522 of 46,514
I find HD650 suprisingly bassy. But its not very clean, tight and clear like planars. 

I got Valhalla 2 now, sounds terrific! Better then the WA6-SE I had
im surprised to see someone who would prefer a cheaper amp to the more expensive one. I was thinking about gettint the wa6se as an upgrade feom the valhalla2. I guess theres no need. Just gotta roll some tubes i guess. So far im liking the gold lions and orange globes.

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #33,523 of 46,514
im surprised to see someone who would prefer a cheaper amp to the more expensive one. I was thinking about gettint the wa6se as an upgrade feom the valhalla2. I guess theres no need. Just gotta roll some tubes i guess. So far im liking the gold lions and orange globes.

Sometimes price doesn't match SQ. There are some sleepers out there.

Apr 9, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #33,525 of 46,514
Yeah whitout a doub it can be very bassy like stock basshead cans. I once tried to push bass to extreme to see how rumbling it can be. I added 15db! To all Bass frequencies + Fiio e12 bass boost, while listening at very high wolumes and bass was never rattling or distorting like HD598 or HD449. DT990 cant even handle Fiio bass boost ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back