Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Sep 9, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #28,773 of 46,565

I've come to realize that I don't really care about accuracy, either.  Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the recommendations!  For the HE-400, HiFiMan's website has the HE-400i under 'Reference' and the HE-400S under 'Premium' so I am guessing the 'S' is something like a budget option.  Amazon has a separate listing for an HE-400 (no 'i' or 'S') that looks distinctly different from the other two variations.  I am guessing one of the two current variations is the next generation of that HE-400 model.  I'll have to do some more research.

The HE-400 is the original, the next came the "i" and the "s" is the latest, I have the original and the "i" version, very different sound signatures, comfort levels, and amp requirements.  Suggest going to the respective threads to find out more about them or send me a PM and I'll try to help you along.
beerchug.gif

Sep 9, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #28,774 of 46,565
Hi all!

I have a question: I plan on purchasing the hd650's sometime soon. However, I am considering holding off until maybe Black Friday or maybe the Christmas holiday, just in case there are any rare deals during those time periods.

Does anyone know through experience or otherwise, whether or not there should be any reduction in price for the hd650's during the Black Friday and Christmas holidays?

The were down to $290 on Amazon earlier this year and stayed around that price for a few months and also at B&H iirc.  Some friends got great deals on HD-700 and HE-560 during the black Friday week so I would say if you can wait, wait.  Don't forget you should start looking at amps for the HD-650 if you want to get the most out of them.

Sep 9, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #28,775 of 46,565
The were down to $290 on Amazon earlier this year and stayed around that price for a few months and also at B&H iirc.  Some friends got great deals on HD-700 and HE-560 during the black Friday week so I would say if you can wait, wait.  Don't forget you should start looking at amps for the HD-650 is you want to get the most out of them.

Makes sense. I will look into it more and see whether or not I prefer to wait. Thanks a lot!

Sep 9, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #28,780 of 46,565
My simple experience with my Sennheiser HD-650

What I was told to expect:

What I hear whenever I put them on:

VS

What I'm told to expect with most products:

And what I get:

I think that says it all....

If anybody has tried the Oppo PM-1, this applies exactly!!

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #28,781 of 46,565
I think Black Fridays have been stretched out to include the weekend and "Apocalypse Monday" or whatever.....

Oh, ok. Thanks. It's more a USA type thing but it kind of got introduced over here in the UK this year.

I like your site. Is it just a personal blog type thing? You've produced it very nicely.

I've been looking for a headphone that produces those pictures for 45 years!!!

Made an old man very happy ......

Sep 9, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #28,784 of 46,565
  it just costs soo much to try out. i wish i had a place where i could go and audition that kind of a gear.

The next audio meet is going to be here in Pleasant Ridge Michigan ......http://www.head-fi.org/t/764209/southeastern-michigan-head-fi-fall-meet-detroit-royal-oak-pleasant-ridge-mi-9-19-15

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #28,785 of 46,565
  I just love the photos posted here...HP and non-HP. 
biggrin.gif

Hahaha me too.

The next audio meet is going to be here in Pleasant Ridge Michigan ......http://www.head-fi.org/t/764209/southeastern-michigan-head-fi-fall-meet-detroit-royal-oak-pleasant-ridge-mi-9-19-15

That meet looks really good. Too bad I live nowhere near there.

Anyone own both an HD650 and an LCD-2? I just bought one T__T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back