Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Nov 25, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #20,536 of 46,564
  Awesome deal, even for a used price. The only time I have seen them go for that much or less, is when they were the old black screen version or if they were really worn. 

Nice score!

Ok, phew, just checking I was like man I've never seen them that low. Of course these guys think about talking about a different currency.

Sigh,
Sometimes I forget the internet is global...

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #20,537 of 46,564
haha no problem, 

There was a flash sale for $315 or so, but it was for a couple of hours and is the cheapest they have ever been officially sold for. The usual best sale price is around $350 new.

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #20,538 of 46,564
  Ok, phew, just checking I was like man I've never seen them that low. Of course these guys think about talking about a different currency.

Sigh,

Haha!  Sorry, I was just messing around and I'm pretty sure Zorrofox was too.  Yeah, that's a good deal.  As someone else said, I got mine for $314 last week (new) and that was a steal.  You did well.

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #20,539 of 46,564
  Sigh,

Most USA inhabitants do
rolleyes.gif

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #20,540 of 46,564
Aye, just kidding. Us 'foreigners' are used to it.

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #20,541 of 46,564
but most countries want to help about that. for example, when a product costs 300$, you get it in europe for 300euro. they go all the way to ease our conversion anguishes like that.
angry_face.gif

ps: almost 2015 and I still can't get something simple like pandora legally in france :'( (wouldn't even hope for netflix). the real world is like a snapshot of the internet with a 10year's lag ^_^.

Nov 25, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #20,542 of 46,564
This is all that really matters to me and my HD650s:

I think a lot about betting a "better" set of cans, like the HD700, the PM-2, or the HE-400i. However, whenever I put on the HD650s, I'm continually amazed at how good they sound. So musical and wonderful. They do everything right to my liking.

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #20,545 of 46,564
  This is all that really matters to me and my HD650s:

I think a lot about betting a "better" set of cans, like the HD700, the PM-2, or the HE-400i. However, whenever I put on the HD650s, I'm continually amazed at how good they sound. So musical and wonderful. They do everything right to my liking.

While that may be true, I'm sure you realize that in order to actually hear a new sound signature correctly your brain needs some tie to acclimate so a few hours may not do the trick. My point is that if you are auditioning other sound signatures in a fairly quick manner, and or not on your system you may not be giving the headphone a fair chance. I'm not saying this is true for you, but most of the time when I read about people having listened to a headphone to see how it sacks up to their favourite you find out that they listened quickly at a meet, or at a friends house while hanging out so I wouldn't think that constitutes a real audition.

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #20,546 of 46,564
That wasn't my point.  My point was considering everything we do in this hobby, I'm always drawn back to the HD650s because they do so much right for me.

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #20,547 of 46,564
I must say, I've been completely enamored with the HD650 since last Saturday when I plugged it into my Project Ember for the first time.  It's amazing to me because I really didn't expect to like these headphones and I'm still surprised at how much I enjoy listening to them.  They are so forgiving of bad recordings that I can listen to pretty much anything and it sounds at least good.  But on good recordings, things sound amazing.  It's awesome.  I may have to sell my poor HE-4...

Nov 26, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #20,548 of 46,564
While that may be true, I'm sure you realize that in order to actually hear a new sound signature correctly your brain needs some tie to acclimate so a few hours may not do the trick. My point is that if you are auditioning other sound signatures in a fairly quick manner, and or not on your system you may not be giving the headphone a fair chance. I'm not saying this is true for you, but most of the time when I read about people having listened to a headphone to see how it sacks up to their favourite you find out that they listened quickly at a meet, or at a friends house while hanging out so I wouldn't think that constitutes a real audition.

I agree completely but be careful. I was chastised a while ago in this thread for suggesting that decisions about what is better could not be made by doing quick A-B comparisons.

Nov 26, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #20,549 of 46,564
I agree completely but be careful. I was chastised a while ago in this thread for suggesting that decisions about what is better could not be made by doing quick A-B comparisons.

Opinions are like ******** (a-holes):  we all have them and they all stink.

That's the motto that keeps me sane on the internet.  :-D

Nov 26, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #20,550 of 46,564
Are there any phones with comparable sound signatures to the 650s, but have a larger soundstage?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back