Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Apr 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #6,391 of 46,518

Quote:
Before I jump the gun & make a purchase, does anyone know of any potential driver or product updates to the HD650?

I ask because headphones are ancillary to my loudspeakers; therefore, I don't mind waiting.

I am aware of the HD700.

-

Also, is ~$350 a fair price for a new pair of these Sennheisers'?

I don't expect that the HD650 will get any updates for the rest of its production life, but I could be wrong. As long as you have the silver-screen version, you've got the latest one. Buying new will get you the silver-screen. $350 is a very good price to buy new, especially if it is from an authorized retailer. You probably won't find cheaper at the moment.  

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #6,396 of 46,518

Austin what do you think about the combo the national and hd 650 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
The X-DAC + HA-160DS is an absolutely monstrous combo. Sounds incredible. Much bigger soundstage, awesome layering, very sparkly treble, and pretty darn good resolution.

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #6,397 of 46,518
I just got new ear pads for my HD650's and they don't really "click" into place. They do sit inside the ear pad enclosure but with very little effort I can pop them out. My previous ear pads were pretty secure inside the enclosure , did they change the size of the pads for newer revisions of the HD650's?

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #6,398 of 46,518
So guys, Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball or Schiit Lyr for a tube amp for the HD-650s???? They are about the same price and I like the LOOK of the Schiit A LOT better and might upgrade to a Bitfrost someday anyway, BUT has anyone out there compared the two?

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #6,399 of 46,518

Quote:
Austin what do you think about the combo the national and hd 650 
rolleyes.gif

Why the roll of the eyes? 
wink.gif
 I think it's a pretty good setup. I'll have a review coming in the next few weeks. 
smile.gif

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #6,400 of 46,518

Quote:
So guys, Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball or Schiit Lyr for a tube amp for the HD-650s???? They are about the same price and I like the LOOK of the Schiit A LOT better and might upgrade to a Bitfrost someday anyway, BUT has anyone out there compared the two?

Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball for sonics, Schiit Lyr for looks. Pick your poison.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #6,402 of 46,518
Quote:

Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball for sonics, Schiit Lyr for looks. Pick your poison.

:D

Though I actually like the Crack look better. Retro and each one is different.

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #6,405 of 46,518

Quote:
I'm doing the same and love it though I don't have too much to compare it to. I recently added a Bifrost to the mix as well.

I have the Valhalla (though rarely use it though due to my Woo) and think it combines with the HD650 incredibly well. If the Bifrost really is a pretty resolved amp, I can't imagine how good it will sound with the HD650.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back