Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
May 25, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #44,971 of 46,527
I read it got new ownership, but everything stays the same

May 25, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #44,972 of 46,527
Recently I asked @Sennheiser if they can supply spare parts like pads and headband cushions for the HD650 and HD800s. Their reply below...

It feels that Sennheiser is dropping their support. Needless to say that I wasn't able to find anywhere and any of the parts I was looking for. Do you share the same experiences?

Dear ........

In regards to your request, we would like to let you know the following information:

Thank you for your email.

I'm afraid all those parts are out of stock and we don't have an availability date yet.

Please feel free to contact one of our dealers including Amazon by following the link below:

Sennheiser Dealer Finder

Kind Regards,

Your Sennheiser Consumer Audio Customer Support
Thanks for the tag! "Out of stock" is not the same as "discontinued". These are popular items for some of our most popular headphones ever and will be supported as long as we can. Logistics and supply chain issues have made it trickier than normal to create a steady supply of goods. We hope it is resolved soon and thank you for your patience.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 26, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #44,973 of 46,527
Thanks for the tag! "Out of stock" is not the same as "discontinued". These are popular items for some of our most popular headphones ever and will be supported as long as we can. Logistics and supply chain issues have made it trickier than normal to create a steady supply of goods. We hope it is resolved soon and thank you for your patience.
Thanks for your reply and engagement to the forum. Let’s hope. I’ve been trying to get these spare parts for the last 4 months.Let’s see how long it will take.

May 26, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #44,974 of 46,527
Nice swift update :)

May 26, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #44,975 of 46,527
I'll make the suggestion that you pick up the ZMF perforated pads instead of the stock ones. Yes, they are more expensive, but they do improve the sound stage and bass and they are more comfortable.

May 26, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #44,978 of 46,527
do you advise me to change the cable of my new hd650?
I'm afraid to get a better cable because it can change the true sound of the 650 too much.
It won't change the sound unless one of them is defective.
If you need/want different looks or functionality, then get a new cable. But don't count on it changing the sound in any way.

May 26, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #44,981 of 46,527
do you advise me to change the cable of my new hd650?
I'm afraid to get a better cable because it can change the true sound of the 650 too much.

From $20 fantasia cables on amazon to the Apos Flow I have heard zero difference in sound swapping out cables on HD6XX. I got my Apos cable because, well, it's red and feels good. Ha. I am a little curious how a black or silver dragon cable would sound but not worth it to me.

After all these years of owning the HD 650 I'm still amazed at how good it sounds. I often pair it with the original Schiit Valhalla tube amp and I absolutely love the sound.

Agree, a good match :)

May 26, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #44,982 of 46,527
From $20 fantasia cables on amazon to the Apos Flow I have heard zero difference in sound swapping out cables on HD6XX. I got my Apos cable because, well, it's red and feels good. Ha. I am a little curious how a black or silver dragon cable would sound but not worth it to me.
I have tried Fantasia cables as well and they work fine. I can't hear any difference between cables so I just choose what's convenient and reasonably priced.

May 26, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #44,984 of 46,527
Which ZMP pads do you recommend? They offer several models.
I went with the perforated lambskin. ZMF rates that and the velour very closely. If you want bass the regular lambskin is meant to be good, but the guy who runs ZMF didn't recommend it for the 6XX. He did a YouTube video with measurements.

May 26, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #44,985 of 46,527
I went with the perforated lambskin. ZMF rates that and the velour very closely. If you want bass the regular lambskin is meant to be good, but the guy who runs ZMF didn't recommend it for the 6XX. He did a YouTube video with measurements.
Thanks! I like the feeling of velour (especially in summer) so maybe I'll try that first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back