Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Dec 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #21,136 of 46,533
Just open it. If you don't like it, sell it on the classified section for close to what you paid. It shouldn't be hard especially after the price goes up again.

I've been wondering how one sells things on the classified section. I haven't found much documentation on how selling things there carries out. I considered that option, but I'm still unsure how I would go through with it.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #21,137 of 46,533
I've been wondering how one sells things on the classified section. I haven't found much documentation on how selling things there carries out. I considered that option, but I'm still unsure how I would go through with it.

It's pretty much like making a post on this forum.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #21,139 of 46,533
No I mean like how the sale carries out. I'm know you use PayPal for buyers protection, but how do the deals usually go? From sale to delivery.

Typically you will post the classified, then if someone is interested they will send you a personal message (PM).  From there the deal is worked out through PM's and when you receive the paypal payment, then you ship the item.  When the item is received by the buyer and hopefully everybody is happy, it's nice to post positive feedback for each other (buyer and seller).

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #21,140 of 46,533
No I mean like how the sale carries out. I'm know you use PayPal for buyers protection, but how do the deals usually go? From sale to delivery.

My experience has been: potential buyer sends me a PM regarding my For Sale listing and includes a contact email; I send a PayPal invoice to them for the agreed upon amount (whether PayPal fee and/or shipping is included); they send PayPal payment; I ship out item. After the deal finishes and everyone is happy, usually you both would leave feedback.

(doh! too slow)

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #21,141 of 46,533
Typically you will post the classified, then if someone is interested they will send you a personal message (PM).  From there the deal is worked out through PM's and when you receive the paypal payment, then you ship the item.  When the item is received by the buyer and hopefully everybody is happy, it's nice to post positive feedback for each other (buyer and seller).
My experience has been: potential buyer sends me a PM regarding my For Sale listing and includes a contact email; I send a PayPal invoice to them for the agreed upon amount (whether PayPal fee and/or shipping is included); they send PayPal payment; I ship out item. After the deal finishes and everyone is happy, usually you both would leave feedback.

(doh! too slow)

Hmm alright sounds good. I think I might actually give them a chance considering this.

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #21,142 of 46,533

(doh! too slow)

Amazingly close!!

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #21,143 of 46,533
Hmm alright sounds good. I think I might actually give them a chance considering this.

This is the main reason why you should open the box and try the HD650: If you don't, and return it, you'll continue to wonder what they would've sounded like. You'll hang around this thread, reading as more people tell their story of how they fell in love with these headphones. And you'll think "Man, I should've tried those while I had the chance!" Then you'll go back to B&H or Amazon to see how much they're selling for, and they will inevitably be higher than what you just paid for them.

So, just open it up, try them out for a while, and find the answer to your question. It's worth a 15% restocking fee to know.

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #21,145 of 46,533
Dec 17, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #21,146 of 46,533
Does it sound veiled in any way? I've heard that the newest version has almost no veil. I ask this because while I know I will enjoy the improved bass response and detail over my 598s, I'm afraid the highs will be so rolled off that it makes my music and gameing sessions boring. I also will be running them off the Cayin portable amp, which is very neutral with a tiny bit of warmth.

No, They don't sound veiled at all. That may have been the case with earlier production runs but the current model has no veil at all. I think it's more that most other headphones have emphasized treble and sure, if that's what you're used to then the 650 might disappoint. I consider it a plus. Either way, planning on selling them before you even have them in your hands is madness. Just sayin'.
Does anyone know how well the Objective 2 pairs with the 650?

The O2 drives them easily on 1x gain. I have gains of 1x / 3x and I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've ever felt the need for 3x. Even then, it's not because of a deficiency in either the amp or headphones but rather, I'm listening to something (anything?) from the 70's.

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #21,150 of 46,533
I think the amp requirements for these headphones is way overstated. I don't have a 650 but from the specs the sensitivity is over 100 db/mW. I have a 600 and the sensitivity is 97 db/mW so it's even less sensitive than the 650. Even still, I can plug these into my laptop and at Windows volume 20% it's more than loud enough.

Currently using a E10K. I'd be more than happy to get an O2 or Magni if someone can prove that it improves the sound but I don't understand how. I think it's placebo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back