Sennheiser HD650 Cable Shootout: Stock, Zu, Equinox and Grace Five Two
Feb 19, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #76 of 147
I have some sad news for GFT fans.
As much as I love the cable,
I will no longer be making sen cables because the cost and labor for creating the cable is far too overbearing for me to support. I completed one today, started at 1-2pm ish, its now 10:57pm and I'm barely testing the cable
there were 3 units sold in the last couple of months. Those 3 units will be the final GFTs in production. Consider them a collectable from now on
orphsmile.gif
GFT owners, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, this is still the only cable I use on my sennheisers
biggrin.gif

Thank you for the support for all the fans of the cable, I will be retiring from Sennheiser cables for the time being.
God bless,
myo

Feb 19, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #77 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
I will no longer be making sen cables because the cost and labor for creating the cable is far too overbearing for me to support. I completed one today, started at 1-2pm ish, its now 10:57pm and I'm barely testing the cable
there were 3 units sold in the last couple of months. Those 3 units will be the final GFTs in production. Consider them a collectable from now on
orphsmile.gif
GFT owners, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, this is still the only cable I use on my sennheisers
biggrin.gif

Thank you for the support for all the fans of the cable, I will be retiring from Sennheiser cables for the time being.
God bless,
myo

What aspect of making the cable to you find to be so labour intesive, relative to other cables you make?

Feb 19, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #78 of 147
Sloth you have PM with more thurough explaination
smily_headphones1.gif

in short, the parts of the cable has to be sourced from 5 different vendors, its built backwards, and very unforgiving during assembly.

Im just slow and paranoid like that.

Cheers

Feb 19, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #79 of 147
Quote:

orphsmile.gif
biggrin.gif

God bless,
myo

That sucks. I was hoping to get a balanced G52 later on.
frown.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #80 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
That sucks. I was hoping to get a balanced G52 later on.
frown.gif

I appreciate the support, PsychoZX!

Sorry I did not mean to derail the thread, if anyone has any other questions, please pm me.

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:16 AM Post #81 of 147
Quote:

a bit off topic, but I couldnt help notice your signature, where/where did she say that?

I will tell you only if you make one more G52.
wink.gif

I got that quote from a funny quotes site; I think it was this one:
http://www.comedy-zone.net/quotes/Re...ips/death2.htm

but:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnFerrier
According to Snopes this is an urban legend. And from Wikipedia, "This was actually taken from a phoney satirical interview on a site called 'Cupcake' that has been widely circulated as an actual quotation since its appearance in early 1996."

In this case I will change my sig.
It is not fun to make fun of someone with something they didn’t actually say.
smily_headphones1.gif

Who knows my new quote?

Sorry for OT.

JaZZ has the Equinox atm and will probably compare it to the Silver Dragon, Headphile and others a little more extensively.

Cheers
Kurt

Feb 19, 2006 at 11:04 AM Post #82 of 147
Quote:

This is nice news. Just a couple of months wait and I can sell my G52 for $400.

Just kidding.
biggrin.gif

It's sad news, very sad.
frown.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 11:10 AM Post #83 of 147
Quote:

orphsmile.gif
biggrin.gif

God bless,
myo

Just charge more money for if someone does order one. I am surprised that only 3 have sold in the last few months. The cable was better than the ones I've heard (in particular the Zu, which I had a lot of time to compare). Build quality was excellent. Maybe if more people had a chance to hear them.
confused.gif
It is a sad day.

Feb 19, 2006 at 11:17 AM Post #84 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
This is nice news. Just a couple of months wait and I can sell my G52 for $400.

sssssshhhhhhhh. With talk like that I may not get my G52 back from tyrion. lol
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 11:59 AM Post #85 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
sssssshhhhhhhh. With talk like that I may not get my G52 back from tyrion. lol
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

By the way, I can't find your cable. I am sure it will turn up some time in the future. Sorry about that, I will pay you what you paid for the cable.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #87 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt
I said I never had much use for one.
I never said I didn’t know how to use it."

Who knows my new quote?

"Matthew Quigley, same as any other day." Crazy Cora

Feb 19, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #88 of 147
Despite the (hopefully temporary) discontinuation of the GFT, and the fact that I don't think a balanced GFT was ever sold, Myo has offered to send me the balanced GFT that he keeps for personal use. He finds excellent synergy with his Micro Stack (through a single ended adapter) and was wondering how it would compare to the Balanced Equinox on a 'high-end' HeadRoom amp.

So, prepare yourselves for yet more impressions next week...

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #89 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
Despite the (hopefully temporary) discontinuation of the GFT, and the fact that I don't think a balanced GFT was ever sold, Myo has offered to send me the balanced GFT that he keeps for personal use. He finds excellent synergy with his Micro Stack (through a single ended adapter) and was wondering how it would compare to the Balanced Equinox on a 'high-end' HeadRoom amp.

oh boy oh boy, balanced GFT. I'm getting excited already!

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #90 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth

That is definately a comparison I will be looking forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back