Sennheiser HD600 turned woodie impressions
Aug 13, 2004 at 6:25 PM Post #91 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
Are these comments directed at me? I was trying to make a light hearted joke to ease the tension. Apparently, I was misunderstood. I take it back. (No good deed ever does unpunished I guess.)

My first statement was directed to you and was a joke as well...

Only I know how hard I work when I am at work...more like "hardly" working
tongue.gif
LOL

No good deed ever goes unpunished...but we sure as hell need more of them right now...

Aug 13, 2004 at 6:27 PM Post #92 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
No good deed ever goes unpunished...but we sure as hell need more of them right now...

Right on brother!

Aug 13, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #93 of 96
To all the guardians of public moral: AFAIK nobody has yet claimed that the modded HD 600 sounds bad without having heard it. I for one question the function of the closed back on a still not closed (baffle!) headphone: rejecting the rear sound waves and mixing them to the original sound. Although this may help to compensate for a perceived lack of midrange and treble energy (or the so-called veil, resp.) which may be caused by system synergy or the sonic ideal of the owner, it nevertheless logically is a decrease of accuracy in the sense of reverberation or chorus effects. You can challenge this scenario, but then you have to have factual arguments against it. I don't have to hear the result to know what happens physically, but still that's no valuation of sound quality in the sense of euphony.

peacesign.gif

Aug 13, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #94 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Isn't that the truth?!?!? The insights that Tyson has provided in this thread are based on personal experience. What everyone else has "contributed" to this thread seems to be based on their "expertise", however defined and however acquired. I just don't get it.

my apologies - i actually thought that i was defending an unfair attack on xanadu777's work. i think i might have gotten a bit carried away back there though..
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back